[ROM][15/1] WildPuzzleROM_2.2.1 v0.8, New Base, Transparent Lockscreen, LWP in SENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lorolouis

Oct 31, 2010
danne_jo,
Thank you showing up here again.
I played a little bit with modaco version.

FYI, Jacob's kernels should run fine now.
My location works fine too, not like the "chinese" one.
When I tried manually there, (not your package), I had some problems to enable the davik-cache on app2sd.

Please add the nice battery icons from WP8, hosts, apn configs
They look fully compatible too.

Regards.

Last edited:

Mince69Meat

Feb 9, 2006
Rooted
Busybox
Deoxeded
No Bootsound
Apps2SD enabled

Changelog:
Click here.

Downloads:
0001_WildPuzzleROM_v0.1.zip

flashed went smooth and so far its looking good, weather is work fine, GPS working fine, and camara recordes and plays back. not much feed back but just so other know what's working.

are you going to patch the market in the next release?

will patch manually and also add mytouch music if I can find what the file is called.

what kitchen you using would like to play with that and do some repacking till you get time and bring out another amazing repack yourself, great work with this build no bugs found yet, respect

mnglfiddle

Oct 19, 2010
Shanghai, China
sionedu.com
this rom won't get rid of root, right?

Hey, just checking to be sure (already downloading) before I install. This ROM will not leave me unRooted, right, like an RUU? I want to maintain a rooted environment on my phone.

What is the advantage of flashing a new radio? And where can I get it. That is one thing I have not yet done on my phone.

Thanks

G

GuestK00293

Installed the wildpuzzle v.1 (the first post in the thread). Mostly works fine but I stumbled on something I use quite often. ROM Manager's fix_permission fails to run even though I have allowed su and remember option. Error I get "An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!". I tried running the same script from "adb shell" and it fails in line #64 (UID="") where is it trying to initialize the variable UID. I check the fix_permission file from an older ROM Manager and nothing has changed. I will try uninstalling ROM Manager and re-installing it to see if it is a transient error.

Edit 1: Reinstalling the ROM Manager did not help. I edited the fix_permission and changed all occurrences of UID to RUID and GID to RGID so that it avoids a read only variable error. It works!
The patch (unix diff output): fix_permissions.patch
For the restless: fix_permissions

To apply the patch:
1. Pull the original fix_permission from your phone to PC (adb pull)
2. Download the above patch (or the patched if you want the quick way)
3. Patch the original using diff/patch
4. Push it onto the original (adb push)

Edit 2: You cannot overwrite the original. So, copy it to your sdcard and execute it from the adb shell
$ cd /sdcard
$ . ./fix_permissions

Standard statutory warnings appply: NANDROID BACKUP FIRST. I am not responsible if it does not work or break.

Last edited:

ww231

Dec 3, 2010
danne_jo,
Thanks for you sharing .
If it's possible to add htc handwriting for chinese?

beardyone

Sep 13, 2010
thanks danne, nice surprise to see you back again :)

i am flashing when dl finishes. can i ask if anyone can confirm JIT is on? should be enabled by default?

and is there call ID bug with +44 or 0044 not showing caller ID?

thanks

oshhh

Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for the ROM. I have few nOOb questions before i flash this ROM. Kindly reply in layman's language so that i can understand.

My Phone is currently running on WilpuzzleROM v8.0.10 FRF91 2.2. I have partitioned my SD card. If i install this new ROM, do i have to....

1. Partition my SD card again ?

2. If i want to format my memory card (with partition) can I format it normally ? (FAT system)

3. I have installed SetCPU which allows me to OC only upto 528 MHz. Can i flash this ROM with these settings. Also tell me, why it is not Overclocks more than that.

4. Is there a way to backup my currently installed apps. Or do i have to reinstall everything from scratch ?

Thats all i can think of for now :blush:

Villis87

Jun 30, 2010
Hey Danne great job. I'm looking at the forthcoming changes of the second version and it's gonna be great. What about adding the YouTube updates and live wallpapers as well?

Edit: and trackpad wake if possible :)
Sent from my HTC Wildfire

supendal

Sep 4, 2010
Radio doesn't affect performance.
Radyo performansi etkilemez dostum.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

deeaz

Feb 2, 2009
Odense
Why delete the new radio? Its only hboot locking root.
Can u please upload a flashable zip file with the new radio

G

GuestK00293

Why delete the new radio? Its only hboot locking root.
Can u please upload a flashable zip file with the new radio

It is an attempt to play safe. Better not to fiddle when something is working and especially if the new ROM does not really need a new radio. I had installed modaco r1 which came with the radio and do not see any problems that can be attributed to that though.

kevin2516

Sep 1, 2010
Sydney
Also because the new radio has been uploaded ages ago. You can just flash it.

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
The new radio seemed to be a battery killer on modaco's 2.2 and when I went back to stock

It is an attempt to play safe. Better not to fiddle when something is working and especially if the new ROM does not really need a new radio. I had installed modaco r1 which came with the radio and do not see any problems that can be attributed to that though.

even the most talented devs were noobs once... so there's hope for the rest of us! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts