Optimus 2x SU660 Android Development Q&A Thread

Search This thread

rerenznz

Mar 19, 2012
Makati
No root access

I tried all of the methods above and I'm getting the SU app but can't access root, why is that?

I already use adb to push busybox and su to /system/xbin and supersu.apk to /system/app but still no root.. :'(

help me.. :(

Last edited:

wkpark

Jan 2, 2012
Seoul
I tried all of the methods above and I'm getting the SU app but can't access root, why is that?

I already use adb to push busybox and su to /system/xbin and supersu.apk to /system/app but still no root.. :'(

help me.. :(

Just do "adb root" and "adb shell" to get root permission.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Somnath021

hakan22

Sep 30, 2012
su660 install p990rom after homekey problem..!!

sory bad english all friends.my phone su660 install P990_Stock-ICS-v28g-v3.01-standard multilangauge rom after home and back key problem..Please help in solving the problem, please.thank you:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

rerenznz

Mar 19, 2012
Makati
Just do "adb root" and "adb shell" to get root permission.

After that I get to see "root@android:/ # " after that? is it already rooted after that??

EDIT: After typing those, I still don't have root access.

I tried to type "su" in terminal emulator but I get "permission denied" :(

Last edited:

asad.raza

Oct 22, 2012
call problem on some numbers and carriers

Hi.

Im Asad from Pakistan.

I got su660 with ICS running. Everything is ok except when i place a call on some numbers and some carriers(netwokrs), there is no sound on both sides. Its dead silence but the time of call durations starts ticking when the call is recieved at the other end. I have tried using speakers and adjusting the sound volume but didnt help. I dont understand what kind of problem is this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

rerenznz

Mar 19, 2012
Makati
Wkpark, I already rooted my phone using the official su.zip ..

But I have another question, Is there a kernel that I can flash if I want to use the official ICS of p990?

WasifSal

Mar 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
D

Deleted member 4628108

I'm sorry of asking u this. I'm on 4.0.4 as the thread said, if u are on ICS then it will cause problems. Please illustrate me the procedure before doing the steps enlisted :) Thanks!

That first link will revert you to stock 2.3.4.

D

Deleted member 4628108

Use the second link to flash to ics so you can avoid updating.

WasifSal

Mar 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Use the second link to flash to ics so you can avoid updating.

Sorry. I forgot to mention. I was doing the flashing by the 2nd method. Though it now boots up on Paranoid Android CM9... the same as it was before. There has been one such case in the same thread. "josereybuenavista" said that person to give him the TeamViewer ID etc (to send him a file or something). I PM'd him.. no reply so far. :/ :/

WasifSal

Mar 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
All story cut short!

1. I had CM9 Paranoid Android
2. Tried all the things to get back to stock (NVFlash, SmartFlash, Nandroid Backup Restore) no luck!!
3. Flashed a ROM of P990 provided by "ongkal" HERE
4. Performed the Nandroid backup now. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Now. I have 2 issues:- (so far that i know of)
1. Battery showing "?" on the logo. From ANDROSENSOR it shows "999%" and Status:- "Unknown".
2. Not picking up the signals of ANY SIM CARD. (does NOT say "Insert SIM Card" but shows "No Service")

What I remember:- When I flashed the PA CM9 ROM. It used to show me the battery percentage but the SIM CARD problem stayed. (along with many more issues).
But once. It was there on the table (turned on but locked), Rebooted itself but stayed at the LG Logo for quite a while, I didnt noticed.
Then when I turned it on it showed 100% ALL THE TIME.
I think that certain Reboot Problem caused it.

I know the developer community of this device (SU660) is not VAST. But i know many of u are still there. That can help me :)
Please! I'd be more than happy to even contribute a DONATION :)

Last edited:

aragorn7

Apr 18, 2012
All story cut short!

1. I had CM9 Paranoid Android
2. Tried all the things to get back to stock (NVFlash, SmartFlash, Nandroid Backup Restore) no luck!!
3. Flashed a ROM of P990 provided by "ongkal" HERE
4. Performed the Nandroid backup now. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Now. I have 2 issues:- (so far that i know of)
1. Battery showing "?" on the logo. From ANDROSENSOR it shows "999%" and Status:- "Unknown".
2. Not picking up the signals of ANY SIM CARD. (does NOT say "Insert SIM Card" but shows "No Service")

What I remember:- When I flashed the PA CM9 ROM. It used to show me the battery percentage but the SIM CARD problem stayed. (along with many more issues).
But once. It was there on the table (turned on but locked), Rebooted itself but stayed at the LG Logo for quite a while, I didnt noticed.
Then when I turned it on it showed 100% ALL THE TIME.
I think that certain Reboot Problem caused it.

I know the developer community of this device (SU660) is not VAST. But i know many of u are still there. That can help me :)
Please! I'd be more than happy to even contribute a DONATION :)

It could be an issue of mismatched baseband and RIL. Try consulting tonyp's baseband thread for help.

Reactions: WasifSal

genemini

Dec 27, 2012
Hello Mr.Aragorn,

I can see in your signature that you are using 2.6.39.4-CM by wkpark kernel on your ParanoidAndroid v2.5 ROM, how are you able to extract that kernel?

how to use the 1500mhz patch file?

sorry if im so noob :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used for all Optimus 2x SU660 Android Development questions, if a thread is opened to ask a question in this development forum, then it will be deleted without notice. All question thread as it stands will be locked, if your question did not get an answer in a locked thread then please ask it here again.

Thanks
    s.d.oconnor
    Hi,
    I am in big trouble please help, I installed CM10 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951752 but when after successful installation when I reboot my device it stuck on LG Logo and not going further. I was on ICS4.04 official rom v30b, Please help me to resolve my problem, how can I get my phone back.
    This ROM runs on GB bootloader. You have to flash back to GB stock. There are many ROM better. You should use the new rom
    @aragorn.... I checked the "GetRIL" App from the Play Store. The app is not for the SU660. My model no. is V20j. So I should flash the RIL of the V20j ryt? If anything goes wrong. How can I go back? Thank You

As a rule of thumb, if in doubt, always do nandroid backup first.
    is it working properly? esp the OC?

i think i already tried it but had had issue like not booting, or did i just missed something?

im still curious on how to use that Patch file in attachment and if its necessary.

The patch file is used to compile your own kernel from sources. If you don't intend to do your own development, I recommend to just use the fixall script that wkpark made.

I remember trying the 1500 oc long time ago and it does work but it wasn't stable with my phone.
    How to root lg optimus 2x ICS 4.0.4

:confused:How to root ics 4.0.4 lg optimus 2x su660 :confused:????