[APP] HelixLauncher: ON MARKET! UPDATED [130510]

Search This thread

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Alright, HelixLauncher is based on android Launcher git and is heavily modified to resemble my Launcher2 mod. I've even backported some features from Launcher2 ... Previews!

HelixLauncher features:
  • Based on Launcher
  • Standalone Launcher
  • Should support hdpi & mdpi resolutions (not fully tested)
  • Sense UI-like scrolling / Velocity Scrolling
  • Enabled rotation
  • Double Tap action for Screen Previews
  • SPEEDY!
  • Up to 7 screens!
  • Full-screen app menu (with notification bar still)
  • Quick Shortcuts! - Drag & Drop and shortcuts to the QuickBar

Screenshots:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Download LATEST
Download from the Repo: http://helixproject.ruqqq.sg/

Install Instructions:
adb install HelixLauncher_1.0.apk
OR
JUST INSTALL FROM YOUR PHONE

Credits:
Wysie, irrenhaus & rogro82 (adv. launcher), enomther, wesgarner and other contributors if I accidentally left any out
Icon by: xmj

Your comments are VERY MUCH appreciated. Enjoy!

Last edited:

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
ChangeLogs

NEW CHANGELOGS WILL ALL BE AT THE REPO

1.3BETA2 Donators' only FOR NOW:
  • Implemented option to set Default Screen* on update, you might need to set back your default screen
  • Back to full screen apps menu ;)
  • Touch top of Apps Menu and swipe down to close. :D
  • Fixed MORE people's stupidity: Implemented reasonable auto delete/move items on workspace on resize
  • *Probably* fixed FCs problem: Increased launcher heapsize hence more memory used
  • *Probably* fixed jagged shortcuts: No idea? Need someone to test.

1.3BETA1 Donators' only FOR NOW:
  • Fixed Contacts shortcut to popup in right position -- even supports Contacts shortcut in QuickShortcut!
  • Fixed QuickShortcuts icon positions when landscape - No longer swap position
  • No more full screen Drawer -- Reimplemented drawer handle when drawer is open
  • Options to hide desktop icon labels
  • Ported the Dots from Launcher2 (available as an option to replace QuickShortcut in Configure)
  • Using separate pngs of handle for different orientation
  • Fixed people's stupidity: Implemented auto delete widgets/icons on screen shrink (auto center them if expanding)

1.2a:
  • Released to Market
  • Made Android 2.0 compatible (only tested on 2.0.1)
  • Used a black background instead of black color for the apps menu (requested by DocRambone for skinning purpose)

1.2 Donators' only FOR NOW:
  • Implemented custom icon - Now you can use Bettercut custom icon or alternatively /data/data/com.helixproject.launcher/icons/
  • Added long hover of app on delete zone to uninstall app
  • Readded Notification option in menu - Someone requested it ;)

1.1b:
  • Fixed Shortcut receivers - BetterCut, AnyCut etc. now works
  • Fixed the handles images
  • Added HelixLauncher icon
  • Released to Market *testing for now*

1.1:
  • Fixed Double-Tap bug by reducing sensitivity
  • Added LWP interactivity
  • Added Nexus Launcher2 Handle instead of Droid dull's
  • *Might fixed* the bug with some people unable to install
  • Coming from 1.0 will require an uninstall of 1.0 first

1.0:
  • First release - Most features ported from Launcher2

Last edited:

htcmagic

Jul 8, 2009
Cannot install either from adb of from the sd card.
pkg: /data/local/tmp/HelixLauncher_1.0.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]

btdownloads7

Jan 10, 2010
Thanks, this works like a charm on my Droid w/ ESE53 now! I do have a noobish question, though -- I was trying to theme this launcher a bit, but after I did, it wouldn't install anymore. I tried doing it throug ADB and get the following error:
Code:
INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE
And LogCat throws the error:
Code:
 Package com.helixprogect.launcher has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.shared; ignoring!

I did have to re-sign the package using testsign.jar, but I'm guessing that I need to use different keys, but have no idea about how to do that. Do you have any suggestions?

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
@btdownloads7
what command did you used? adb install? the reason is because user data of that app already exists on /data/data and hence adb detects the conflict of different apk being used.

try adb install -r
or if that doesn't work. delete the user data first before installing.

oh and also, mine spreading to the droids forums? thanks!

EDIT: worst case: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/3f084d78a15f6d3d

@DocRambone
i think i need a better solution for that. it has always been that low right? as in the handle view.. the icons alignment are made to follow handle view.. if not, it'll look messy.. imagine floating icons with sinking handle bar. :S

@htcmagic
if i dont mind, i'll need a logcat of after you try running that command..

Last edited:

btdownloads7

Jan 10, 2010
I did use "adb install -r", and I didn't think that I'd need to wipe data because I used a Nandroid backup before I ever installed your original app. I'm using Pete's Bugless Beast rom right now, and will do a full system wipe and install it from scratch. Will let you know shortly if that works.

P.S. I just posted a link to this thread on AllDroid.

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
no no... not talking about wipe data.. do this:

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.helixproject.launcher

btdownloads7

Jan 10, 2010
no no... not talking about wipe data.. do this:

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.helixproject.launcher

Ahh, I misunderstood -- I already did this, but no luck. I'm going to wipe data anyway, just to see if the problem gets fixed.

And I was looking in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=529124

It's talking about a totally different ROM, but I figured that the same principles would apply. And it looks like the people there didn't find an adequate solution. It sounded like the signature in the launches has to match the signature in framework-res.apk, but I'm pretty much a noob at this, so I couldn't figure out how to make that work.

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
wait dont! lol.

edit /data/system/packages.xml
remove any traces of com.helixproject.launcher

gardobus

Oct 26, 2009
OMG yes. I got so depressed when I found your Launcher2 mod and I couldn't get it to work on my Droid. This is PERFECT! I had tried Home++ before and loved the shortcuts on the bottom but H++ was buggy/unstable and I wished that I could drag my own icons down there. You took care of that and this thing seems fast and stable so far.

I hope to eventually get your Launcher2 but this will definitely keep me happy until someone with more Droid knowledge makes it work!

Thanks!

gardobus

Oct 26, 2009
Btw, how difficult is it to change the tab on this launcher? I'd like to customize mine to match the smoked glass theme that I am using. Can I open the apk, modify the pngs, and then reinstall it?

btdownloads7

Jan 10, 2010
wait dont! lol.

edit /data/system/packages.xml
remove any traces of com.helixproject.launcher

LOL. Did that already as well. I should have mentioned all this in the op. There were no traces, and I made a Nandroid backup before wiping, so it's no big deal.

Still got the error message after full wipe and new ROM re-fash. Could you possibly modify the theme if I send you the PNG files? I'm trying to make it look like the Smoked Glass theme that I use in my stock launcher:
4345009987_c3d5d56a2f.jpg

I don't know how good it'll look, but I modified the images to match the smaller app drawer handle, so I wanna give it a shot.

htcmagic

Jul 8, 2009
logcat after adb install HelixLauncher_1.0.apk

03-12 20:35:38.278: ERROR/PackageManager(74): Package com.helixproject.launcher has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.shared; ignoring!
03-12 20:35:38.358: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(4336): ERROR: thread attach failed

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
@DocRambone
COOL! nice work man! i love your simplistic taste! :D
maybe i should use your menu icon instead of droid's.

@gardobus
Ask DocRambone ;)

EDIT:

@htcmagic
have you allowed install on non-market apps? (settings->applications) if you have and it still doesn't work, i'm sorry, i guess unrooted phones needs to have valid signatures which can only be obtained through market.

@btdownloads7
hmm.. i think you encountering a similar problem with htcmagic. ask DocRambone how he did it. I have zero knowledge on theming. Heh.

Last edited: