OFFICIAL OFF-TOPIC THREAD! :)

Search This thread

MercuryStar

Oct 6, 2009
Was using the Note in the sun and it got me thinking. First, I wondered how long till amoled is used in the 10 inch tablets. Then, because of the reflection i thought, wouldn't it be great if they could produce a display that could double as a solar panel. Think about if the pixels could absorb the whole spectrum and just reflect the color that was needed for displaying the image on the screen. No glare and phenomenal power consumption. I'm know it's crazy, and maybe its maine's sweet greenery talking, but one can dream.
Well that's kind of how a Transreflective LCD works. I had one on an old Nokia smartphone. It was a regular backlit color LCD, but when in bright sunlight which overpowered the backlight, a black-and-white only image was still visible in the light that fell on the phone's screen as the white areas reflected light.

Interesting article here about how the world has kinda "forgotten" about transreflective screens in the post-iPhone era as phones just kinda stopped using them. Also, backlights are brighter and more efficient now too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaydubbbbs

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
Last edited:
S

-Scratchy-

This ot is dead.

“Any cupcake consumed before 9AM is, technically, a muffin.” - Amit.mb xda user

taichistudent

Jan 7, 2013
Leap Motion system would be cool for the Note 10.1

Any developers interested. I saw this on the internet and thought it would be really cool for the Note 10.1. I can see the tablet on it's stand with all hand gestures controlling it and having people's jaw just drop watching this. And no more smudges on the screen.

Take a look: Leapmotion.com

So long waistline. .. uploadfromtaptalk1358267458393.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Reactions: The-Captain
E

ECOTOX

Good morning fellow noters, how goes it?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361026185076.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361026185076.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 62

Top Liked Posts