[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G70][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 11.0

Search This thread

iurnait

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
Southern California
Happy Holidays to everyone. Here is a new build of CM 11.

Notes:
This build and all future builds will have LVMv2 implemented (thanks to @Meticulus), where mmcblk0p13 (/system), mmcblk0p14 (/system/vendor), and mmcblk0p16 (/data) are placed in a logical volume group. This enables /system to be enlarged from 290MB to 600MB (or more as necessary later on). The packages that were removed from the first build (Apollo, File Manager, etc.) have all been re-added. Also, the removal of the vendor hack means that from now onwards, there is no need to reflash gapps after updating the rom.

-Installation Notes
--On the first flash, if the system logical volume is not present or
is less than 600M there is an assert error. This is so that if anyone
needs to backup information contained in /data, they can. In order to
proceed with the installation, the zip must be flashed a 2nd time.
--During the 2nd flash partitions in the logical group are wiped and
the logical volumes are created and formated then the /etc/fstab and
/etc/recovery.fstab are switched so that, when we hand everything off
to the normal rom installer, the new logical volumes are mounted.

-Reverting to a PRE-LVM ROM
--In the YP-G70 the "recovery", be it CWM or TWRP and in the kernel's
recovery-ramdisk. So in order to get a different recovery you just
flash a different kernel. So to get back to a PRE-LVM ROM, you just:
1. Reboot to recovery like normal.
2. Flash your PRE-LVM ROM like normal.
-- Note: All we really care about at this point is that the kernel
(boot.img) gets flashed. Ignore any other errors!
3. After the flash, Power off.
4. Hold volume up and power on, till you get to recovery.
5. Full wipe, including /system

Installation Instructions:
1. Reboot to recovery and make backup.
2. Do a full wipe.
3. Flash rom. You will see an error pop up this is perfectly normal. Flash the rom again
4. Flash Gapps.
5. Flash US kernel if necessary
6. Have fun!

Links:
ROM: cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-venturi.zip - 176.60 MB
US Kernel: cm11-USKernel-Dec24.zip - 5.76 MB
Gapps: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196268

Last edited:

iurnait

Jun 21, 2012
Southern California
I too would really like this, because just like zardack i've spent several hours trying to get viper working on anything post 4.2.2. or if this can be implemented into a flashable zip patch that would be great.

Sorry about this but I totally skipped over this post before building. Ill look into it and make a new build with the commits reverted

thanks for this! is hw acceleration supported already? :)

Theres actually some code in cm that disables HW acceleration for devices with less than 512 mb ram in userspace. There was something in CM's gerrit to lower the limit, but i think it has been abandoned. It has been enabled on the nightly builds of PAC 4.3 for quite a while now, but to be honest there really is only a negligible difference with it enabled vs disabled.

Edit: PAC has had it since Oct 30: http://review.pac-rom.com/#/c/3110/

2) I miss the owner info string that would display on the lock screen (yeah, I'm firmly in the Absent Minded Professor demographic and it is a remarkable improbability that I havn't lost this device permanently yet).

Should be under Settings>Security>Owner Info

Is Voice+ Integrated With CM11?

Yes, it is now included.

Last edited:

chicinwang

Jan 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Arrrghh!! Less than an hour after I flash 12/15 build "someone" just had to release a NEWER build! Fml :banghead:
:D fixing to download and flash!!! Thanks! Btw 12/15 was slick
<R760X>

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
God dam you iurnait, I'm way too drunk to actually read directions right now!! Thank you so much, I can't wait to run this tomorrow...
I'm assuming it's a script in the initial flash the overwrites the current boot partitions... In the event of a possible bad download, are we looking at a hard brick? Or does the recovery partition stay fully intact?

iurnait

Jun 21, 2012
Southern California
God dam you iurnait, I'm way too drunk to actually read directions right now!! Thank you so much, I can't wait to run this tomorrow...
I'm assuming it's a script in the initial flash the overwrites the current boot partitions... In the event of a possible bad download, are we looking at a hard brick? Or does the recovery partition stay fully intact?

All the partitions stay intact. We get more space because lvm is able to basically combine the /system, /vendor, and /data partitions and then allocate a hunk of that to /system. The other partitions are untouched. It is not very likely that something would go wrong, but reflashing the rom or another kernel should solve any problems

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012

You will always have download mode available even after a bad zip flash.

FweaKiid305

Apr 1, 2012
Miami
For Those Who Have Trouble Installing Viper4Android. I confirmed it was not a root access issue so I thought it might be a mount issue. I confirmed this by doing the below in either Terminal Emulator or via an adb shell before launching v4a for the first time:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system

This solved the issue, driver installation succeeds. Just thought I should post this in case anyone else gets to the same issue and is looking for a solution.

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: zardak

zardak

Nov 14, 2012
I can confirm Viper4Android works on 24/12 build. I used root explorer to manually mount /system rw before installing the driver.

Actually I got V4A working once on a 4.3 CM ROM in the past, but only once. After flashing that rom again never worked anymore, so now i'm confused where the problem is...

M

Meticulus

For Those Who Have Trouble Installing Viper4Android. I confirmed it was not a root access issue so I thought it might be a mount issue. I confirmed this by doing the below in either Terminal Emulator or via an adb shell before launching v4a for the first time:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system

This solved the issue, driver installation succeeds. Just thought I should post this in case anyone else gets to the same issue and is looking for a solution.

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I can confirm Viper4Android works on 24/12 build. I used root explorer to manually mount /system rw before installing the driver.

Actually I got V4A working once on a 4.3 CM ROM in the past, but only once. After flashing that rom again never worked anymore, so now i'm confused where the problem is...

Because the problem started with 4.3, I lean towards thinking that the problem is "selinux" related. It's just a guess, but I think that remounting /system rw requires some sort of special security context.....

Lorddemonrage

Aug 19, 2013

tried this, works now.
@iurnait OMG you did it!!.... this is truly christmas!! you sir have restored my faith in humanity.....

now to completly destroy my hearing

M

Meticulus

Update from problem i posted yesterday. I think its a MAC conflict. Both YPG70s are showing me the same mac and ip addresses.

When i disable Wifi on either one the other one works, when i have it turned on at the same time both dont connect.

and it appears that it does indeed do this on CM 10.2 as well. Same MAC and ip on both devices.

I've been thinking about this and I'm starting to suspect the we ALL might have the same wifi mac address!:laugh:

To confirm, I asking that a few people running the lastest CM or SlimKat to report the last 3 sets of their wifi mac as reported from Settings->About Phone->Status

Mine are:

c5:00:34

Thanks...

mv-clear

Apr 9, 2013
Mine is the same c5:00:34, I actually have a weirdness with my wifi, if I have bluetooth enabled (I usually leave it on for my wireless stereo headset) then I can connect to wifi, but if I cycle it off, and then try and turn it back on wifi hangs (radio never enables) and I need to reboot the device to get reconnected to wifi. If I leave the bluetooth radio off, then I can enable and disable the wifi and it will turn back on without any problems. I'm on the 12/24 build on the North American device with the capacitive home button. Not sure if it's related to the wifi mac access being the same as I only have 1 device.

I've been thinking about this and I'm starting to suspect the we ALL might have the same wifi mac address!:laugh:

To confirm, I asking that a few people running the lastest CM or SlimKat to report the last 3 sets of their wifi mac as reported from Settings->About Phone->Status

Mine are:

Thanks...

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
I have a problem that I hope someone here could help me.
the problem is that if I charge the device when it is off it always restart itself (show the battery icon and then turn off and after a few seconds it turn on again and show the battery icon again).
how can I fix it?

luraziel

Sep 27, 2012
Augusta

Mine are:

Thanks...

running latest cm11 (non slimkat) version I have this same mac, it could be a cm issue?

M

Meticulus

OK, So it appears that many of us have the same mac address... Not really a problem unless we are all trying to use the same WIFI ;) But for those of you that do could you also open this file ( as text file ) and give me the last 3 segments of that mac ....

/efs/imei/.nvmac.info

chicinwang

Jan 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
ok, so it appears that many of us have the same mac address... Not really a problem unless we are all trying to use the same wifi ;) but for those of you that do could you also open this file ( as text file ) and give me the last 3 segments of that mac ....

/efs/imei/.nvmac.info

7C:6F:DB
That's actually supposed to be a (D) not a d#$& smiley face. SMH

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Whats working?
    Screen
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Camera (VGA mode)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod for the Galaxy Player 5, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0

Contributors
    iurnait, android1234567, JackpotClavin, Mevordel, zaclimon, Meticulus
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Need to be running 4.2 or above to install.

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-12

Created 2014-07-06
    Last Updated 2014-10-12
    I decided to make an update for iurnait:

Changelog:

ROM:
    *ROM now comes with my kernel, Sultan kernel r8
    *Latest upstream CyanogenMod changes
    *Fixed missing Torch Quick Settings toggle
    *Fixed default behavior of holding down on the home button (holding down on the home button will now bring up the Recent Apps page)
    *Fixed screenshot button combo
    *Added basic init.d script for configuring the kernel (89z_kernel)
    *WiFi region code will not reset to USA after a reboot
    *Some other misc fixes

Kernel:
    Sultan kernel version r8:
    *Updated to Linux 3.0.101
    *Added camera fixes from Meticulus
    *Cleaned up optimization flags
    *Cleaned up a lot of garbage
    *Added UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging; disabled by default, enable it by modifying /system/etc/init.d/89z_kernel)
    *Added exFAT support
    *Cleaned up CPU governors & I/O schedulers
    *Updated WiFi drivers from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    *Updated Android drivers from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    *Other misc fixes/enhancements

Downloads:
    ROM: http://d-h.st/TiZ
    USA Kernel: http://d-h.st/dwP

Enjoy!
    Been busy lately with schoolwork, but heres a new build with the latest CM code sync'ed about 4 hours ago. This includes the fixes made by Meticulus to the camera, so now the back facing camera takes pictures if you set it to VGA. Note that if you are updating from the previous build, there is no need to reflash gapps. However, US users still need to flash the US kernel after flashing this rom.

If you are coming from a build before Dec. 24, keep in mind that data will have to be wiped in order for lvm to be setup. The installer will give you a warning the first time you try flashing and then error out so that you can backup your data if you forgot, and then you can flash the zip again.

ROM: cm-11-20140113-UNOFFICIAL-venturi.zip - 182.07 MB
    US Kernel: cm11-USKernel-Jan12.zip - 5.80 MB
    Gapps: Any will work, but I recommend PA's Mini Modular Package from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942.
    Finally got my machine set up for building again, so there is a new build posted in the downloads tab. On the device tree and kernel side, it is synced up with all of meticulus' changes. This is just a vanilla build straight from the cm-11.0 branch.

enjoy.
    woohoo we have a unified kernel thanks to @Meticulus :good:. This means that the same kernel works for both INTL and US variants. There is no need to flash a kernel after every update now!

Builds from now onwards will come bundled with Meticulus' nutella kernel.

Link to new build with the unified nutella kernel and all the latest CM changes
    ROM: cm-11-20140511-UNOFFICIAL-venturi-unified_kernel.zip - 175.32 MB