[GT-S6802]All Discussion for Ace Duos (GSM+GSM)

Search This thread

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Why downgrade. Buy HTC One V. It's high end dual sim phone.
You probably refer to the Desire V? I could not find any information about a One V Dual SIM. The Desire V looks not bad at all, but is a little pricier than the Ace Duos. A comparable Samsung-Device for the Desire V Dual Sim would be the upcoming Galaxy S Duos, that is about to be released in Asia. If we get it in Europe or USA is not clear yet. The proposed price for the S Duos will seemingly be significantly below that of the Desire V Dual Sim....

Had the Desire V Dual been available when I bought my Ace I would probably still have chosen the Ace Duos for the price (Desire V about 350 $, Ace about 200 $) - if the Galaxy S Duos will come to Europe it will probably be offered by vendors for about 250 to 300 $ and in that case I would surely be tempted to upgrade to the S.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

for s6802 romanian users there is already an update ( about 5 mb ) i updated but didnt noticed any difference

I got that, too in Germany. The only thing I noticed are fixes in the Dual "Active" Call Forwarding, it did'nt work well before and after the update there is a new message telling that activating the Dual Sim Forwarding may result in costs with your provider for the forwarding. Since after all, it is not a "Dual SIM Active" with to radios but simply a menu-assisted way to set the forwarding offered by the provider. One could trigger that manually or even by using GSM-Codes, so no "technical magic" by Samsung here, just a marketing gadget.

Just have rooted my GT-S6802, eagerly waiting for a Custom ROM.
I would be really tempted by an ICS-ROM, if it worked smoothly. As long as ROM would be based on GB, I'd stay with Stock as there is nothing I badly miss at all.

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
@voom. Yes I meant Desire V. The guy is going from. Galaxy S2 to Ace Duos for dual sim phone. So I suggested him to Desire V as it's got high features. And I think Desire V is available in India because I saw posters of it in my area.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

nrgmalik

Aug 9, 2012
Sonipat
@voom. Yes I meant Desire V. The guy is going from. Galaxy S2 to Ace Duos for dual sim phone. So I suggested him to Desire V as it's got high features. And I think Desire V is available in India because I saw posters of it in my area.

HTC desire V is much better than Ace Duos as it comes with a ARM v7 1 GHz processor with ICS, plus 5 MP camera with a LED Flash and also dual SIM. Internal Memory is also 4GB.

voom

Mar 5, 2011

Well, even going from the S (he has an S, not S2) to the Ace Duos would be a downgrade in terms of technical specifications. Going from S to the Desire V or the upcoming Galaxy S Duos would be keeping the same level. If one is in India both phones are or will be available. Over here in Germany we were lucky if we got one of these at all. But even if I had the choice between the Ace Duos and the HTC I would go for the Ace because of the price (HTC 380 €) If I got to choose between the Ace Duos, the HTC and the S Duos, I would go for the S Duos. I'd say that the Desire V Dual and the S Duos are practically equal in technical specifications.

HTC desire V is much better than Ace Duos as it comes with a ARM v7 1 GHz processor with ICS, plus 5 MP camera with a LED Flash and also dual SIM. Internal Memory is also 4GB.

Yes, definitely - and costs almost twice as much at the moment. The S would be in between in terms of price (expected to be around 250 €) - and I also like the design better than the Desire V Dual....

This is just about telling my personal preferences - it's all about individual choice anyway (if one gets to choose at all, that is...)

Last edited:
Reactions: bizlly

dvucino

Mar 7, 2011
Zadar
did you notice that you must wait 3 seconds, to screen become active after you press home button to open unlock screen? it seems like delay

anshul sood

Mar 20, 2012
Kangra
did you notice that you must wait 3 seconds, to screen become active after you press home button to open unlock screen? it seems like delay
The reason is that ace duos uses an inferior Broadcom processor instead of a snapdragon one. I think that the lag may be due to low screen off processor frequency. If we root the phone and change the CPU clock settings, maybe the lag will disappear.

Reactions: bizlly

voom

Mar 5, 2011
The reason is that ace duos uses an inferior Broadcom processor instead of a snapdragon one. I think that the lag may be due to low screen off processor frequency. If we root the phone and change the CPU clock settings, maybe the lag will disappear.

Interesting, yes the lag is worse when the screen is off for a longer time, it's ok right after turning it off. My Ace Duos is rooted, but I would not know how to change the CPU-Settings für Standby - any advice?

Though when changing the CPU for standby that probably sucks significantly more battery so just for quicker screen-reaction that might be not such a good idea. I would like to try it anyway if it is not too much hassle just for knowing what happens ;)

anshul sood

Mar 20, 2012
Kangra
Interesting, yes the lag is worse when the screen is off for a longer time, it's ok right after turning it off. My Ace Duos is rooted, but I would not know how to change the CPU-Settings für Standby - any advice?

Though when changing the CPU for standby that probably sucks significantly more battery so just for quicker screen-reaction that might be not such a good idea. I would like to try it anyway if it is not too much hassle just for knowing what happens ;)
Usually apps like "No-frills CPU Control" enable you to to change cpu frequencies, but I do not know if they are compatible with ace duos. You can find it on the Google Play Store.

nrgmalik

Aug 9, 2012
Sonipat
I have used No frills CPU like apps on my ace duos, they only show minimum 312Mhz and maxinun 832 Mhz frequency. You can choose either one of them,but cannot perform Overclocking. To Overclock CPU we will need a custom kernel. But presently there is none. So, currently those apps are not useful to Ace Duos.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using xda app-developers app

djunkiest

Aug 3, 2012
Hello, how do u do...

Im new in this forum.
I have a problem with my samsung ace duos GT-S6802.
I cant see streaming video except in youtube? But i already install flash player ver. 10.2 and still cant play that video?
Anyone can help me?

And is there anyone have custom rom for my GT-S6802?

Thx before... :)

nrgmalik

Aug 9, 2012
Sonipat
I got a FW upgrade notification today(India). Upgraded it successfully using KIES.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346243123675.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346243123675.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 517

senotrius

Jan 4, 2011
Nope.dint notice any performance improvement. does anyone have flashable zip of stock firmware.without using Odin that is.

rishminder

Aug 6, 2011
any hack for using this dual active hardware

the hardware supports active dual sim but TRAI policy in india does not allow so it's blocked in the firmware.

in active dual sim there are two radios and both can run simultaneously (i mean gsm radio not fm radio)

any hack to make use of it??

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

dual active feature already present... verified by me personally...

galaxy Y duos and produos do not have active... but ace duos has dual sim active :)

How to enable this feature

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Well guys Google maps navigation seems to be working with India now! Great news.

dineshlives

Nov 28, 2011
Tiruppur
I cant able to record 640x480 videos

Hi friends can u record 640x480 videos with you ace duos

If yes

then i cant able to record

can u pls post your stock camera .apk

Then it will help me record 640x480 videos

Thank you

virus-007

Aug 19, 2012
Yes you can..
Here is the camera.apk..
db.tt/Qpjg4g1n
Dont forget to THANK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes man make a flashable zip for those themed files and share it, did you managed to power menu and toggles for rom.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Here i present you the custom rom for s8602
    ===================================

***************IMPORTANT******DO ON YOUR OWN RISK**********I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF DAMAGE OCCCURS OR SYSTEM BRICK**************WHO DARE THEY WIN*****************

#######PLEASE FOLLOW BELOW STEPS ACCURATELY ---- IF SOME THING GOES WRONG DONT BLAME YOURSELF AND OTHERS TOO ########

FIRST IMPORTANT THING TO INSTALL ANY CUSTOM ROM IS TO TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP....
    OUR DEVICE S6802 DONT HAVE ANY OFFICAL CWM RECOVERY OR ANY OTHER RECOVERY WHICH SUPPORT IT TO DO SO...

MODED CWM RECOVERY WHICH I MADE DONT SUPPORT IT TOO AS THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THING WHICH LACKS IN MODED RECOVERY...

REASON FOR THAT IS RECOVERY TRIES TO FIND BOOT IMAGE BUT DUE TO SYSTEM AND SAMSUNG BOOT.IMG CANNOT BE FOUND... SO WHEN OUR
    RECOVERY TRIES TO START NAND BACKUP IT FAILS IN FIRST STEP WHERE IT DONT FIND BOOT PATH. SO IT FAILS....

BUT NO WORRIES... GOOGLE ANDROID IS A PLACE WHERE WE GET ANY THING.. SO I FOUND A GOOD SOLUTION OF ONLINE ONANDROID BACKUP
    CREATED BY " Ameer Dawood " THANQ FOR THIS GUY WHO MADE A LIFE SIMPLE FOR TAKING ONLINE BACKUP FOR MORE DETAILS PLS GO TO
    THIS SITE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255 AND DOWNLOAD V5.9 VERSION OF ONANDROID.

I HAVE INCLUDED THE ONANDROID V5.9 IN OUR CUSTOM ROM FOR LATER USE, BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME TO TAKE YOUR OWN SYSTEM BACKUP YOU
    NEED TO DOWNLOAD IT AND PUT TO YOUR SD CARD AND OPEN TERMINAL OR ADB SHELL AND RUN IT BY GIVING BELOW STEP

--------------------------------------------------------------
    After downloadING onandroid.zip to your PC extract it using winrar or zip and copy file onandroid which you will find the
    system/bin path copy to your SD card of MOBILE

IN TERMINAL EMULATOR OF MOBILE OR IN ADB SHELL

$SU
    #
    #cd /sdcard/<path> where you copied "onandroid" script
    #sh onandroid (hit enter) backup starts (NOTE) ONLY if it dont work then TYPE # ./onandroid
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

THE BACKUP CREATED BY "ONANDROID" IS COMPATABLE WITH THE MODDED CWM MADE.

This will be created in CWM format in clockworkmod/backup/dd-mm-yy format folder in which you can see what all it backed.
    This backesup /data /system AND /ext-SD partition and can be restore via MoDDED CWM recovery which we have.

THIS COMPLETES OUR BACKUP PART FOR THE FIRST TIME.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND PART

HOW TO USE MODED CWM RECOVERY.

POWER OFF YOUR MOBILE USING POWER BUTTON AND WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE.

* ONCE VIBRATE IS DONE AND SCREEN IS BLACK WAIT FOR 5 SECONDS

PRESS 3 FINGERS ON MOBILE -- 1) UP VOLME ROCKER + 2)HOME BUTTON (CENTER ONE) ++++ 3) PRESS AND RELEASE ONLY POWER BUTTON WHEN IT VIBRATES

****DONT RELEASE OTHER TWO KEYS 1 & 2 SHOULD BE RELEASED WHEN YOU SEE STOCK RECOVERY...........**************
    ******##HERE OUR BASIC WORK START FOR MODED cwm RECOVERY##****************

ONCE YOU ARE AT STOCK RECOVERY, SELECT UPDATE FROM SD CARD IN STOCK RECOVERY (2ND OPTION)
    IT WILL LOOK FOR INTERNAL SD CARD, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COPIED **"MODDED_RECOVERY_S8602.ZIP"** TO INTERNAL SD CARD.
    SELECT **MODDED_RECOVERY_S8602.ZIP** IT WILL GIVE ALL THE OPTIONS AS A OFFICAL RECOVERY.

ALL THINGS IN MODDED RECOVERY WORK, EXCEPT BACKUP AND REBOOT OPTION (TRY CAN BE GIVEN AS THEY DONT HARM ANY THING - BUT WHEN
    YOU SLECT REBOOT IT WILL BE HUNG WITH RED SCREEN SO YOU NEED TO PRESS HOLD THE POWER KEY TILL IT VIBRATS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RESTORE WORKS VERY WELL (BACKUP TAKEN USING **ONANDROID**) WILL BE VISBILE IN BACKUP & RESTORE -> RESTORE OPTION/ADVANCE
    RESTORE
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I WOULD SAY BEFORE YOU INSTALL MY MODDED CUSTOM ROM YOU TRY TO RESTORE YOUR FIRST TIME TAKEN BACKUP USING ONNANDROID.

TO DO SO YOU NEED TO 1) GO TO MOUNT AND UMOUNT /SYSTEM & UMOUNT /DATA, FORMAT BOTH /SYSTEM AND /DATA AND TRY TO BOOT YOUR MOBILE IT SHOULD GET HUNG...AS WE HAVE FORMATED BOTH SYSTEM AND DATA.

NOW THAT SYSTEM IS NOT BOOTING SO TRY TO RESTORE BACK YOUR STOCK ROM. FIRST PRESS HOLD POWER KEY TO POWER OFF -> WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE AND LATER GO TO RECOVERY USING 3 FINGERS ON MOBILE AS GIVEN ABOVE AND THEN GO TO MODDED RECOVERY AND SELECT
    BELOW.

ONCE DONE ABOVE STEP GO TO BACKUP/RESTORE AND SELECT -> RESTORE AND SELECT THE DATE, IT WILL RESTORE BACK YOUR STOCK ROM.

=====> *********** ITS NOT IMPORTANT TO DO ITS JUST TO GIVE TRY *********** <=============

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TO INSTALL MY MODDED CUSTOM ROM DO THE BELOW STEPS.

1) POWER OFF AND WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE

2) ONCE MOBILE IS OFF --> PRESS 3 FINGER KEYS TO BOOT TO STOCK RECOVERY AS GIVEN ABOVE AND SELECT UPDATE ZIP AND SELECT MOD_RECOVERY.ZIP AS DONE IN ABOVE STEP.

*******IMPORTANT THING IS YOU MAKE EXT PARTATION BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE CUSTOM ROM BY SELECTING PARTATION SD CARD******MAKE EXT PARTATION SIZE OF 512MB AND NEXT SWAP 0 AND REST FOR FAT FS....

3) GO TO MOUNT AND UMOUNT ALL THE /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD /CACHE AND FORMAT /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD /CACHE.

4) ONCE DONE ABOVE STEPS --> MOUNT /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD

5) ONCE DONE ABOVE STEP -> COME BACK USING BACK KEY TO RECOVEY MAIN TAB AND SELECT INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD. IT WILL TAKE TO SUB MENU OF SDCARD WHERE YOU CAN SELECT EXTERNAL SD OR INTERNAL SD CARD WHERE YOU HAVE PLACED THE -> MODDED CUSTOM ROM ZIP FILE.

SELECT ZIP FROM SD CARD AND PRESS INSTALL AND SELECT YES OPTION AND WAIT TILL IT COMES BACK TO RECOVERY MAIN TAB.

6)TO REBOOT DONT USE REBOOT OPTION AS IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY SO YOU NEED TO GO TO ADVANCE TAB OF MODDED RECOVERY AND
    SELECT REBOOT RECOVERY ONCE DONE IT WILL REBOOT TO STOCK RECOVERY FROM THERE YOU NEED TO SELECT REBOOT FIRST OPTION AND YOU ARE DONE.

WAIT TILL IT BOOTS AND DO THE SETTINGS... DONT HURRY AS IT TAKES SOME TIME TO BOOT ONCE BOOT IS DONE REBOOT YOUR DEVICE SO
    FROM NEXT BOOT ONWARD THE MOBILE WILL BE WORKING FAST.RO

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    THANKS TO ameer1234567890 FOR ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP
    THANKS FOR DSIXDA KITCHEN FOR MODDING ROM
    THANKS TO UOT ONLINE KITCHEN TO MODDING FOR STATUS BAR AND REST OF THE ICONS
    THANKS TO XDA FORUM WHERE IT IS GOOD PLACE FOR OUR MOBILES WHERE WE CAN LEARN AND DO MANY THING WITH ANY TYPE OF MOBILE DEVICE IN WORLD.
    IF I MISSED ANY ONE WHO THINKS THAT SO AND SO MOD IS YOUR THEN I AM REALLY THANK FULL AS I DONT REMEMBER WHEN THE SITE OR NAME OF PERSON WHEN MODDING ROM I PICKED IT.
    I TAKE NO OWNERSHIP OR ANY CREDIT TO THIS MODDED ROM AS I HAVE JUST PICKED FROM HERE AND THERE AND CUSTOMISIED FOR MY COUSINE MOBILE BUT AS THERE ARE NO CUSTOM ROM I AM SHARING IT.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

tonight you will get a custom rom and modified cwm recovery for s8602. Till then enjoy the screenshots i made by samsung galaxy s2.

hello to everyone :good:

I m glad to show you my new theme for ace duos . . :d

i have made these files for my own custom rom ( for personal use )

now i'm interesting in making custom rom for all . Anyone can contact me for developing :eek:

its my very first reply or post ..! Please click thanks if liked

yes man make a flashable zip for those themed files and share it, did you managed to power menu and toggles for rom.

---------- post added at 01:04 pm ---------- previous post was at 12:57 pm ----------

here i present you the custom rom for s8602
    ===================================

***************important******do on your own risk**********i am not responsible if damage occcurs or system brick**************who dare they win*****************

#######please follow below steps accurately ---- if some thing goes wrong dont blame yourself and others too ########

first important thing to install any custom rom is to take a nandroid backup....
    Our device s6802 dont have any offical cwm recovery or any other recovery which support it to do so...

Moded cwm recovery which i made dont support it too as this is the only one thing which lacks in moded recovery...

Reason for that is recovery tries to find boot image but due to system and samsung boot.img cannot be found... So when our
    recovery tries to start nand backup it fails in first step where it dont find boot path. So it fails....

But no worries... Google android is a place where we get any thing.. So i found a good solution of online onandroid backup
    created by " ameer dawood " thanq for this guy who made a life simple for taking online backup for more details pls go to
    this site http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255 and download v5.9 version of onandroid.

I have included the onandroid v5.9 in our custom rom for later use, but for the first time to take your own system backup you
    need to download it and put to your sd card and open terminal or adb shell and run it by giving below step

--------------------------------------------------------------
    after downloading onandroid.zip to your pc extract it using winrar or zip and copy file onandroid which you will find the
    system/bin path copy to your sd card of mobile

in terminal emulator of mobile or in adb shell

$su
    #
    #cd /sdcard/<path> where you copied "onandroid" script
    #sh onandroid (hit enter) backup starts (note) only if it dont work then type # ./onandroid
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

the backup created by "onandroid" is compatable with the modded cwm made.

This will be created in cwm format in clockworkmod/backup/dd-mm-yy format folder in which you can see what all it backed.
    This backesup /data /system and /ext-sd partition and can be restore via modded cwm recovery which we have.

This completes our backup part for the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

second part

how to use moded cwm recovery.

Power off your mobile using power button and wait till last vibrate.

* once vibrate is done and screen is black wait for 5 seconds

press 3 fingers on mobile -- 1) up volme rocker + 2)home button (center one) ++++ 3) press and release only power button when it vibrates

****dont release other two keys 1 & 2 should be released when you see stock recovery...........**************
    ******##here our basic work start for moded cwm recovery##****************

once you are at stock recovery, select update from sd card in stock recovery (2nd option)
    it will look for internal sd card, so make sure you have copied **"modded_recovery_s8602.zip"** to internal sd card.
    Select **modded_recovery_s8602.zip** it will give all the options as a offical recovery.

All things in modded recovery work, except backup and reboot option (try can be given as they dont harm any thing - but when
    you slect reboot it will be hung with red screen so you need to press hold the power key till it vibrats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    restore works very well (backup taken using **onandroid**) will be visbile in backup & restore -> restore option/advance
    restore
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i would say before you install my modded custom rom you try to restore your first time taken backup using onnandroid.

To do so you need to 1) go to mount and umount /system & umount /data, format both /system and /data and try to boot your mobile it should get hung...as we have formated both system and data.

Now that system is not booting so try to restore back your stock rom. First press hold power key to power off -> wait till last vibrate and later go to recovery using 3 fingers on mobile as given above and then go to modded recovery and select
    below.

Once done above step go to backup/restore and select -> restore and select the date, it will restore back your stock rom.

=====> *********** its not important to do its just to give try *********** <=============

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to install my modded custom rom do the below steps.

1) power off and wait till last vibrate

2) once mobile is off --> press 3 finger keys to boot to stock recovery as given above and select update zip and select mod_recovery.zip as done in above step.

*******important thing is you make ext partation before you install the custom rom by selecting partation sd card******make ext partation size of 512mb and next swap 0 and rest for fat fs....

3) go to mount and umount all the /system /data /ext-sd /cache and format /system /data /ext-sd /cache.

4) once done above steps --> mount /system /data /ext-sd

5) once done above step -> come back using back key to recovey main tab and select install zip from sd card. It will take to sub menu of sdcard where you can select external sd or internal sd card where you have placed the -> modded custom rom zip file.

Select zip from sd card and press install and select yes option and wait till it comes back to recovery main tab.

6)to reboot dont use reboot option as it will not work properly so you need to go to advance tab of modded recovery and
    select reboot recovery once done it will reboot to stock recovery from there you need to select reboot first option and you are done.

Wait till it boots and do the settings... Dont hurry as it takes some time to boot once boot is done reboot your device so
    from next boot onward the mobile will be working fast.ro

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    thanks to ameer1234567890 for online nandroid backup
    thanks for dsixda kitchen for modding rom
    thanks to uot online kitchen to modding for status bar and rest of the icons
    thanks to xda forum where it is good place for our mobiles where we can learn and do many thing with any type of mobile device in world.
    If i missed any one who thinks that so and so mod is your then i am really thank full as i dont remember when the site or name of person when modding rom i picked it.
    I take no ownership or any credit to this modded rom as i have just picked from here and there and customisied for my cousine mobile but as there are no custom rom i am sharing it.

custom rom and cwm recovery for s6802:-

pre rooted so no need to worry for next time about rooting your devices.
    Zipaligned all apks
    deodex all files
    modded cwm recovery works very welll
    what works every thing.
    Ext-sd supported via link2sd. Once you installed my modded custom rom pls install first link2sd app from market and then install your new apps so that you can save lot of space and device will be fast.
    Onandroid v5.9 included

if not sure what you are doing pls ask first here and then proceed.
    Links to download custom rom -- > http://www.mediafire.com/?1ngqr5m4z9p1vxp
    Link to download custom mod CWM for s8602 --> http://www.mediafire.com/?rifiy8z0a7jisi0
    Link to readme how to install custom mod cwm and rom --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8wvul7wbr89q8b7

Before install pls read.

I rewrite once again the important steps not to forget when installing.

1) modded cwm put in your internal sd card, reason our stock recovery recognizes only internal sd card. then only you will be able to use update zip from sdcard and select MODDED_RECOVERY_S6802.zip
    2)Once you are in modded recovery see if all things are working fine except Backup/Reboot/mount USB, you can try Backup/Reboot/mount USB no harm you will see error.
    3)Important first you do ext partation using modded cwm recovery before you start. recommended size (ext partation 512mb, swap 0 and rest for vfat)
    4)Reboot using stock recovery and not from modded recovery, steps to follow to reboot from recovery -->1)go to advance tab of modded recovery and click reboot recovery this will take to Stock recovery from here select reboot.
    5)Once you boot up to normal mode do a (ONANDROID) backup as given in above steps or else follow this link.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255
    6) copy GT-S6802_CUST_MOD_ROM_ITSME.zip to your sd card, no issue where you copy internal sd or external sd. (modded CWM will see both as per recovery menu)
    7)shutdown phone using holding power key and wait till it vibrate.
    8) once mobile is shutdown. press hold 3 buttons on mobile 1)up volume button +2) center home button + poweron (release only poweron button when your mobile vibrate and do not release other two keys till you see stock recovery.
    9) in stock recovery select update zip from sd card and select MODDED_Recovery_S6802.zip.
    10)in Modded stock recovery go to Mounts and storage and umount /system /data /cache and then using format in menu format /system /data /cache.
    11) once format is done mount /system /data /sd-ext. (Donot skip this step before installing custom rom)
    12) go back using soft back button or move the power up key 3 time till you see back menu activated then you will see go back menu button.
    13)from select Install zip from sd card and it will take to you to sub menu where you can select GT-S6802_CUST_MOD_ROM_ITSME.zip . and then select install and you are ready to go.
    14) once install completes go back using soft button back key and go to advanced tab and select reboot recovery. it will boot to stock recovery and from stock recovery select reboot.

you are done wait till it boots and booting for first time may take around 5 minutes... first time boot may be laggy and slow so wait till every ting settels down and do all the setup wizard complets. setup wizard may fail for first time for some mobiles dont worry select the wizard again. and you wil be done. once done power off your mobile and boot normall as you power on and second boot will be very fast.

once you are done with second reboot dont not install any apps - install link2sd app from market and select the ext2 partation which you created before installing this custom rom. and reboot mobile. once mobile is up open link2sd app and in settings select next time all the files should move to sd ext card. and you are done.

pls let me know if you face any issue.

If some one wants to develop and modify the existing rom you can go ahead and proceed.
    I am looking some one can mod 14toggles and power menu to it.
    i sure hope so... i had a samsung galaxy s2 but lost it and got used to ics. now i'm searching daily for new posts here ... perhaps i find some ics rom for this for couse i cand aford to by s2 again. if i knew how to make a custom rom i'd make one today but im totally new to this android stuff
    i'll try concentrating on this soon... i had plans of buying this... but i bought a new tablet instead and i'll get a phone soon (so dual sim is not needed anymore)... but i'll definitely work to get some custom ROMs for you guys :)
    That was the post which is posted by me on DMF.. Moreover there is no rom still for flashing 6802; only rooting has been explored.

Tonight you will get a custom rom and modified cwm recovery for s8602. till then enjoy the screenshots i made by Samsung Galaxy S2.
    New theme for your ace duos

Hello to everyone :good:

I m Glad to Show you my New theme for Ace Duos . . :D

I have made these files for my own custom rom ( for personal use )

Now i'm interesting in making Custom Rom For All . Anyone can contact me For Developing :eek:

ITs My Very First Reply or Post ..! Please Click Thanks If Liked
    Hey guys good news.. wait should be over now for custom ROM for s6802 as I have ported it for my cousins s6802. Not sure how to upload it in xda forum.
    Features custom cwm for restore;wipe;partation; install from sdcard works.
    Installed it just need make feel of as custom ROM
    Now it look more like stock.
    Zipalined'deodex fully and few teaks for somth scroll.
    Also on android online works perfect for s6802.
    Will upload if some one share me how to upload and make a good doc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Hey guys good news.. wait should be over now for custom ROM for s6802 as I have ported it for my cousins s6802. Not sure how to upload it in xda forum.
    Features custom cwm for restore;wipe;partation; install from sdcard works.
    Installed it just need make feel of as custom ROM
    Now it look more like stock.
    Zipalined'deodex fully and few teaks for somth scroll.
    Also on android online works perfect for s6802.
    Will upload if some one share me how to upload and make a good doc.

For future and any help to recover after flashing I may not help more as device is not with me and I am neither ROM developed or not master for solving. I am just fan and user of xda.