[Instructions] Xperia X8 Root

Search This thread

aivvaslop

Oct 20, 2010
Question

How to send a word document via bluetooth from laptop to phone ?

For me this seems to be a major problem. I have a word to go application which allows me to read word documents and pdf documents.
The problem occures when I try to send this type of documents from my laptop to my X8 via bluetooth. Everytime I receive an error message that the device doesn't support this kind of files.
I send some pictures and it worked just great, so the bluetooth conection is good.
I also downloaded and instaled a bluetooth application and the document transfer doesn't work at all.
I'm very disappointed about the Android system. Previously I had a phone with a symbian system and I had no problems with sending and receiving documents via bluetooth.
Do you think that if I root my phone this problem will be solved?

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
How to send a word document via bluetooth from laptop to phone ?

For me this seems to be a major problem. I have a word to go application which allows me to read word documents and pdf documents.
The problem occures when I try to send this type of documents from my laptop to my X8 via bluetooth. Everytime I receive an error message that the device doesn't support this kind of files.
I send some pictures and it worked just great, so the bluetooth conection is good.
I also downloaded and instaled a bluetooth application and the document transfer doesn't work at all.
I'm very disappointed about the Android system. Previously I had a phone with a symbian system and I had no problems with sending and receiving documents via bluetooth.
Do you think that if I root my phone this problem will be solved?

That is a problem SonyEricsson created :/ It's the same for all Xperia Android phones.
A Workaround (until 2.1 is out) is the program "Bluetooth File Transfer" it needs root and you get it on Market. With this program you can receive and send files over bluetooth to all devices.
Just make it start with android in the options menu and you won't have any more problems.

Lets hope the update will come soon :)

Regards
Bin4ry

scipione1988

Jan 9, 2010
Which base application can be erased without any problem?
I want to eliminate wisepilot, crazy penguin and the other base application of sony ericsson..

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
That is always a little playing with fire.
What i can say is:
DONT delete any Google or SE Stuff!
Example: Time-&Mediascape, GTalk,Maps,Launcher etc shoud NOT be deleted.

All others: wisepilot,penguin, Manual etc can be deleted.

Regards
Bin4ry

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
I have a question. Ive gone through the rooting process manually but i just want to check can find out if its worked. i believe you need to have done it to overclock the processor and it appears i can do using set cpu. it never did before i rooted it but i just wanted to double check before i start tinkering with anything. after all i dont want to ruin a phone ive had only a day and a half :)

rasmusrud

Oct 21, 2010
i can't install the drivers on whit the Sony Ericsson PC Companion? and what du i use the x8abd.rar file to ?

lokers

Oct 21, 2010
Oslo
to unroot just remove the su and the superuser.apk with rootexplorer or with adb.

Regards
Bin4ry

Thanks for the great work, my X8 is now rooted and a lot lighter after removing all the crapps I never asked for.

But excuse my newb ways, what is meant by "remove the su" above? Is that a file or a folder or what? Scared of doing something wrong as root ..

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now Root Explorer in the Superuser Permissions list.

Is there a thread explaining in more detail what the SuperKey hack actually does to the phone?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2010
St. Petersburg
It's true, but you can delete Timescape, timescape plugins + sns providers, SE sync & such things like timer, stopwatch etc. without any problems

That is always a little playing with fire.
What i can say is:
DONT delete any Google or SE Stuff!
Example: Time-&Mediascape, GTalk,Maps,Launcher etc shoud NOT be deleted.

All others: wisepilot,penguin, Manual etc can be deleted.

Regards
Bin4ry

scipione1988

Jan 9, 2010
Thanks. In my case barnacle wifi work out of the box, and i remove without any problems all the game and roadsync.
It's a good mobile phone.
Why don't create a new thread in sony ericsson on xda forum??
We wrote under x10... =)

Liebaart

Feb 22, 2008
Brugge
I succeeded in rooting my X8.
Apparently the version of SuperUser installed with the OneClick method is a rather old one, with the Ninja icon. The new version has a skull as an icon.
So I first tried to download and install from the market. Installation failed.
Then I tried to download and install SuperUser from the XDA thread here.
Also here, installation failed.

Anybody knows why?
I have already downloaded Titanium Backup and installed BusyBox.

scipione1988

Jan 9, 2010
you can try to download root explorer, mount partition as write, and cut and copy the apk in the app folder.
But why you want to change this app? it work fine

crablee

Apr 11, 2010
I follow the steps and no error. But when I use adb shell, type command 'su', and why adb shell show 'Permission denied'?

Please help me, thx.

Last edited:

darksouleater

Oct 23, 2010
Hi all,

if i rooted my X8, is it possible to upgrade it to a better version ( eclair / froyo ) ?
and how to upgrade it?

cheers,

cccho

Oct 24, 2010
Rooted !! Starting to install rootexplorer and try to delete some unwant apps.

Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Method:
    Download Flashtool from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746

And follow the instructions!

Regards
    Bin4ry
    bin4ry you su binary is incorrect and the exe are don't func sometime
    i've atached a zip with a running su binary and without the exe

you need to to the manual way but it's verry easy.
    you can use bin4ry first part of her manual but in the second he has make some Mistakes. please type in the secon part:
    adb shell
    -> # cd /data/local/tmp
    -> # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system
    -> # cat su > /system/bin/su
    -> # cat superuser.apk > /system/app/superuser.apk
    -> # chmod 06777 /system/bin/su
    -> # chmod 777 /system/app/superuser.apk
    -> # reboot
    after rebooting you have root
    maybe you should post the manual way without windows
    for example mac or linux too ;)
    :p

Done :)

Regards
    Bin4ry
    I have found a way to root X8 2.1 rom, but its complicated for average user.
    Details in 2.1/2.2 dev thread.
    any working apps2sd for x8 eclair? 2.1

Without root for 2.1 there's no apps2sd for 2.1..

X10 firmware won't work on the x8 either it would need to be modified which means we would need recovery menu to flash the custom firmware, we don't have root for 2.1 so we can't get chargermon recovery to work...

I have tried to get the x10 version working by modifying it for the x8 with 1.6 rooted but had no luck, I read that an x10 owner couldn't get it to work on 1.6 but when they updated to 2.1 it worked.

Ive spent a lot of time trying to get a custom Rom onto the x8 but until 2.1 is rooted I don't think I will be able too... I have a Rom waiting though :)

Sent from my E15i using XDA App