HELP!!! - Dopod 900 crash after upgrade to WM6

Search This thread

dopod900xxx

Mar 3, 2007
PLEASE HELP!!!

I try upgrade my Dopod 900 to WM6 by using http://micmeo.com/UNI/WM6/900_WWE_20...0_wwe_ship.zip, but after the upgrade success 100%, i disconnect the USB, and hard reset the PDA, then the PDA cannot bootup, it alwaus showing the black screen...:confused:

When i try hard reset again, i can see the display show option 0 to reset and option X to exit, but try both keys which back to the same black screen...:confused:

I also try press power+light+reset, but no responses at all... when i plug in the power cord, the light for charging not on as well...:confused:

PLS HELP....:(

Last edited:

d_ranade

Sep 14, 2006
Mumbai
PLEASE HELP!!!

I try upgrade my Dopod 900 to WM6 by using http://micmeo.com/UNI/WM6/900_WWE_20...0_wwe_ship.zip, but after the upgrade success 100%, i disconnect the USB, and hard reset the PDA, then the PDA cannot bootup, it alwaus showing the black screen...:confused:

When i try hard reset again, i can see the display show option 0 to reset and option X to exit, but try both keys which back to the same black screen...:confused:

I also try press power+light+reset, but no responses at all... when i plug in the power cord, the light for charging not on as well...:confused:

PLS HELP....:(

Try to enter the bootloader mode (power+light+reset). From what you have described it appears that you should not have problem entering the bootloader mode. Please remember that in bootloader mode yor screen is dark and only when you look very carefully you will be able to read the word "Serial" on the top of the screen and bootloader version number at the bottom. If there is inssuficient illumination in the room it is quite possible to think that the screen is blank. There will be no backlight. Once you are in the bootloader connect to your PC (before connecting please open Active sync on your PC uncheck the "Allow USB" connection in File / connection setting) Once connected the word "Serial" on the top of the screen will change to "USB". It is advisable to use only the original cable. Also connect the cable directly and not through a hub. Now reflash the rom and do a hard reset. I have faced problems by softreset after upgrade please try hard reset.
Hopefully your problem will be solved by a reflash.
Best of luck

ahmadfarid

Aug 10, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
From my past experience you have to flash to the original manufacturer rom first. Then you flash to whatever rom you want.

hope this helps

dopod900xxx

Mar 3, 2007
Thanks all, I'm now be able to re-flash the ROM and upgraded to WM6....

Here comes another issue... after i run the first setup and reset the PDA, it stuck on the Windows Mobile screen, any clue?

thanks again.

nvatvani

Sep 3, 2006
Stockholm
Thanks all, I'm now be able to re-flash the ROM and upgraded to WM6....

Here comes another issue... after i run the first setup and reset the PDA, it stuck on the Windows Mobile screen, any clue?

thanks again.

From the file link you have specified, http://micmeo.com/UNI/WM6/900_WWE_20...0_wwe_ship.zip it seems that you are using Jwrightmcps' WM6 2.01.08 WWE Rom Release.

I too have lock-up problems but only during boot-up. The frequency of this happenning is about 30% and why it happens is still unknown since the lock-up happens at random stages during the booting sequence. The only solution that I know of for now is to simply do a soft-reset repeatedly until the device boots up properly.

d_ranade

Sep 14, 2006
Mumbai
From the file link you have specified, http://micmeo.com/UNI/WM6/900_WWE_20...0_wwe_ship.zip it seems that you are using Jwrightmcps' WM6 2.01.08 WWE Rom Release.

I too have lock-up problems but only during boot-up. The frequency of this happenning is about 30% and why it happens is still unknown since the lock-up happens at random stages during the booting sequence. The only solution that I know of for now is to simply do a soft-reset repeatedly until the device boots up properly.

This appears to be a common problem as seen from different posts. Thankfully things are ok after reset.

apd

Dec 8, 2006
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

gubugcommunity

Dec 13, 2010
Try to enter the bootloader mode (power+light+reset). From what you have described it appears that you should not have problem entering the bootloader mode. Please remember that in bootloader mode yor screen is dark and only when you look very carefully you will be able to read the word "Serial" on the top of the screen and bootloader version number at the bottom. If there is inssuficient illumination in the room it is quite possible to think that the screen is blank. There will be no backlight. Once you are in the bootloader connect to your PC (before connecting please open Active sync on your PC uncheck the "Allow USB" connection in File / connection setting) Once connected the word "Serial" on the top of the screen will change to "USB". It is advisable to use only the original cable. Also connect the cable directly and not through a hub. Now reflash the rom and do a hard reset. I have faced problems by softreset after upgrade please try hard reset.
Hopefully your problem will be solved by a reflash.
Best of luck
boss ... please help me ..... i have a dopod 900 ..... but it can not enter bootloader or hard reset .... ditancap usb cable, charger lights flash .... Please help keep the boss. ... thank you

Puls94

May 31, 2010
Try update bootloader to 1.01 _ttp://rom-update.ru/programs/dd48795954c166e9431f4127c130d474.exe

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
German Qtek 9000 CID unlocked, hardSPL'd
running MaxStegiROM
Tried to upload D-Two's ROM.
Everything went fine, upload 100%
then: upload error.
screen went black, no reset works
no USB or Serial to be read on dark screen.
Tried battery out (battery is charged), no reaction.
When connecting to PC the red charging LED lights up for
some minutes, then goes off.
PC says connected unknown device ain't working properly
(other Qteks are recognized properly)
Trying to re-flash gives connection error when pressing "update".
Any idea?