Search This thread

pdaimatejam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sinop/Boyabat
www.ctrlpda.com
Program features:
Full unlocklu work equipment
As can be seen from its name, the Power button turns off the display without the need to program

attachment.php

finix

Attachments

• ScreenClose.xap
    367.4 KB · Views: 2,782
Last edited:
Another great app...Thanks!!
This will save on the wear of the hardware power button greatly. Just think about how many times a day you use the power button to lock/unlock the screen, this will cut the use in half. My old HD7 didn't even "click" anymore when I pressed the power button and I forgot that it even did until I got my new replacement HD7.

first: sorry for reviving this old thread.

never thought I'd ever go back to Windows Phone 7 apps. My daughter dropped her WP7 device into water. Even after several cleaning and drying attempts the power button does not work anymore. All other buttons do work.
This app was a god send! thank you. Now she doesn't have to wait for the 30s screen time out

wonder if it's possible to create an app that does a combination of Vol down and Windows button to accomplish the same.

thanks again.

first: sorry for reviving this old thread.

never thought I'd ever go back to Windows Phone 7 apps. My daughter dropped her WP7 device into water. Even after several cleaning and drying attempts the power button does not work anymore. All other buttons do work.
This app was a god send! thank you. Now she doesn't have to wait for the 30s screen time out

wonder if it's possible to create an app that does a combination of Vol down and Windows button to accomplish the same.

thanks again.
already exists here
Device Volume app
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599890

yeah thanks but I was probably not clear enough and I have this already on her phone.

what I meant is an app that changes the physical button behavior of Vol down and Windows button, when pressed together, to turn screen off. The screen off tile is OK for now. The problem is that once the screen is off the only way to turn the screen off is to open the keyboard (slide phone).

The other issue is that once the phone is off you can't turn it back on because the power button is dead. So you have to plug it into a usb port and it turns on.....

cheers

yeah thanks but I was probably not clear enough and I have this already on her phone.

what I meant is an app that changes the physical button behavior of Vol down and Windows button, when pressed together, to turn screen off. The screen off tile is OK for now. The problem is that once the screen is off the only way to turn the screen off is to open the keyboard (slide phone).

The other issue is that once the phone is off you can't turn it back on because the power button is dead. So you have to plug it into a usb port and it turns on.....

cheers
Try TouchWake; use capacitive/hardware buttons to wake your device!
http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...pacitive_buttons_to_wake_your_device-07-13-12

Reactions: derausgewanderte
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts