[DEV][ROM][ALPHA]CM 10.1 Asus MeMO Pad HD7 (MTK)

Search This thread

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
Introducing CyanogenMod for the Asus MeMO Pad HD7​

I have been working on CM 10.1 for ME173X for a couple months now, it took me a while as I had never heard of MTK before I got this device. I have come to a good start point for anybody that wants to build for MTK devices.

Anybody should be able to use this source to start building for there own device, so please do not ask if this can be ported, you can build it yourself.

RULES OF THIS THREAD:
1. Do NOT ask for an ETA!
2. Do NOT ask if this can be ported to another device!!!
3. Do NOT PM me with questions about this, if you are trying to develop for another device then comments are welcome.
4. Please use the thanks button instead of posting a thanks reply

Let's keep this as clean as we can to help devs get going and contributing to the development.

This is an alpha build, so expect nothing to work.

Links will be up soon, please be patient.

If you would like to help in the development, you can initialize the repo with this command to get started. For now these are simple changes that should get you to a point that it will boot. The only thing required is for you to set up your device files. This also includes my latest CWM based recovery so it should work for small recovery partitions.

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/BSydz-MTK/android.git -b cm-10.1

My sources can be found here: http://github.com/BSydz-MTK
Kernel Source can be found here.

Credits: xplodwild, chrmhoffmann, bgcngm

XDA:DevDB Information
CM 10.1 Asus MeMO Pad HD7 Alpha, a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
BSydz
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-03-21
Last Updated 2014-03-21

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
General Installation info

INSTALLATION:

Flash in a custom recovery:

1. Copy zip to sdcard
2. Boot to recovery
3. Make backup
4. Install zip from sdcard
5. Select custom ROM zip
6. Accept install
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

Sideload after build:
In same terminal as the build
Code:
adb reboot recovery
In recovery:
Make backup in recovery if needed
Choose Install from sideload
Code:
adb sideload out/target/product/ME173X/cm-10.1-20140322-UNOFFICIAL-ME173X.zip
You will have to change the date according to the date of build.

Last edited:

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
General instructions for building

Build Instructions:

1. Build Environment:
You will have to have your Android build environment set up, here is a guide, you do not have to "download the source" at the end.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

2. Create an Android directory on your computer:
This can be named anything you like. I use /CM-10.1-MTK.

3. Open directory in terminal

4. Initialize the repository:
Code:
repo sync

After everything is downloaded/synced:

This downloads prebuilt files for CM
Code:
./vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

5. Connect your device to the computer and make sure adb is working

6. Pull files from device: Note: Some files may not have permission so you may have to pull them from the device manually using root explorer or similar.
Code:
cd device/asus/ME173X
./extract-files.sh
cd ../../../

7. Build:
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch cm_ME173X-eng -j4

Optional Build:
Copy BSydz_ME173X_build.sh to the root of the Android directory, i.e. the dir you created and are using for your build.
This will give you information through out the build, like what step it is at and how long the build took.
Code:
./BSydz_ME173X_build.sh

Most Common Errors:

make: *** No rule to make target
discription:
This simply means that the file that it is being told to build is not where you said it would be.
Solution:
Make sure the file is where it is supposed to be.

Last edited:

jrk190

Sep 4, 2012
McLeansville
First off, this is stellar. I'm pretty sure you just managed to achieve the impossible. You'll go down in history as the man who got Cyanogenmod on a MTK device! Congrats!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: BSydz

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
First off, this is stellar. I'm pretty sure you just managed to achieve the impossible. You'll go down in history as the man who got Cyanogenmod on a MTK device! Congrats!

Thanks, but I am not the only one. Lots of credit goes to xplodwild, chrmhoffmann, and bgcngm. I am just setting it up so that it is accessible to anybody that wants to help. They have made more progress than me as far as getting things working, I just know from experience that if you put the code in front of peoples face, they will be more likely to contribute something to the project. Since we don't have that base to start from, I figured I would put it together and let everybody at it.

shoxxy

Sep 8, 2013
Stadt
Congrats !!!! Would try a build this night !!

Thanks for your work b !!!!

Gesendet von meinem Ascend G510 mit Tapatalk

edit:

short feedback:

The build process runs very clean !!! and ends with no errors. " cm-10.1-20140323-UNOFFICIAL-ME173X.zip "
:)

i think your work is an very good base man ;)

...i had only 15 minutes to playin around with, because i musst work ;)

For the very first cm Alpha on MTK it works very good....
THX again,

:) sorry did read this now...
Remember this is just a basic boot, nothing works. There is no sound, wifi, bluetooth, and there is still an issue with the mounts and permissions. So the sdcards don't work. I have updated my github and you should be able to build a bootable ROM from it. I will post a link for the flashable ROM after I get a few things taken care of.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSydz

1asbak1

Feb 4, 2013
awesome news! looking forward to this weeks!!

Sent from my ME173X using xda app-developers app

spanitzer

Oct 14, 2013
Germany
BSydz
You will that we build the Rom self. But i have only DSL 2000 and its not good for downloading over 10GB! DSL 2000 is 220 KB/s . Slow! Can you give me a download link?
Please.

Sorry for my very very bad english!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI G510-0100 mit Tapatalk

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
BSydz
You will that we build the Rom self. But i have only DSL 2000 and its not good for downloading over 10GB! DSL 2000 is 220 KB/s . Slow! Can you give me a download link?
Please.

Sorry for my very very bad english!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI G510-0100 mit Tapatalk

I will post a ROM soon, just trying to work a few bugs out before I do.

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

spanitzer

Oct 14, 2013
Germany
The Rom is very very very smooth!
The Wiko Stairway has a MT6589 and CM10.2-11. But Wifi works in Wiko. Can we use some drivers from Wiko?

BSydz

Jun 16, 2012
The Rom is very very very smooth!
The Wiko Stairway has a MT6589 and CM10.2-11. But Wifi works in Wiko. Can we use some drivers from Wiko?

I am working on it. I am going to build cm11 and omni to see if it will work for our device. I am currently modifying CWM 6.0.4.7 to fit on our recovery partition to be able to install them. Once I figure out what needs to be done I can back port it and go from there.

Also our device is mt8125, so there may be slight differences.

Remember I am only one man, and building takes a while between changes. And this is my only tablet so I don't wanna just leave it in dev mode.

Plus I lost all of my backups cause my sdcard just died trying to remove it from my broken SD slot. That will be the last time I use a drywall screw to try to take out my sdcard ... lol.

Please be patient, this is uncharted territory, and this is my first MTK device.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 2

E

Exothermic

I am working on it. I am going to build cm11 and omni to see if it will work for our device. I am currently modifying CWM 6.0.4.7 to fit on our recovery partition to be able to install them. Once I figure out what needs to be done I can back port it and go from there.

Also our device is mt8125, so there may be slight differences.

Remember I am only one man, and building takes a while between changes. And this is my only tablet so I don't wanna just leave it in dev mode.

Plus I lost all of my backups cause my sdcard just died trying to remove it from my broken SD slot. That will be the last time I use a drywall screw to try to take out my sdcard ... lol.

Please be patient, this is uncharted territory, and this is my first MTK device.

I believe that in the Wiki CM thread, that they mentioned that stock kernel only works on CM10.2, not CM11, so try CM10.2/Omni4.3. There's also this: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/topic:mt6589,n,z on gerrit, perhaps you can try that wifi fix, by renaming it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing CyanogenMod for the Asus MeMO Pad HD7​

I have been working on CM 10.1 for ME173X for a couple months now, it took me a while as I had never heard of MTK before I got this device. I have come to a good start point for anybody that wants to build for MTK devices.

Anybody should be able to use this source to start building for there own device, so please do not ask if this can be ported, you can build it yourself.

RULES OF THIS THREAD:
    3. Do NOT PM me with questions about this, if you are trying to develop for another device then comments are welcome.

Let's keep this as clean as we can to help devs get going and contributing to the development.

This is an alpha build, so expect nothing to work.

Links will be up soon, please be patient.

If you would like to help in the development, you can initialize the repo with this command to get started. For now these are simple changes that should get you to a point that it will boot. The only thing required is for you to set up your device files. This also includes my latest CWM based recovery so it should work for small recovery partitions.

Code:

My sources can be found here: http://github.com/BSydz-MTK
    Kernel Source can be found here.

Credits: xplodwild, chrmhoffmann, bgcngm

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM 10.1 Asus MeMO Pad HD7 Alpha, a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    BSydz
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-03-21
    Last Updated 2014-03-21
    Thanks, for the help on the ETA thing.

I am still working on this, but many hours are spent learning more about MTK, I have only owned an MTK device for about 4 months, and never heard of them before this tablet. When I get something working, I will definitely post updates. Lately my water heater broke and other things have come up, so I have had to deal with real life stuff. I have many ideas how to fix things, just need time to get through all the code, debugging, logcats, bug reports, kernel logs, and device specifics. It can take hours just to find an error in the logs. Not to mention the hours it takes to compile it after you make changes, only to find out that it still doesn't work, or you missed a ) in some code.

Again please be patient, this is not a port, where you can make a few edits and have something work, nor swap precompiled libs from Stock ROM.

Again, please follow the thread rules.

RULES OF THIS THREAD:

Overclocking is gonna take some time. It is all kernel related, a ROM cannot make it oveclock. I have not found any example of a successful MTK overclock. This is mainly because the kernel source is difficult to work with, if it will even boot.

I am still working on the ROM, I have just been working on 10.2 and 11. 10.2 boots, but 11 doesn't. We will need a custom kernel for kitkat. These things take time to setup and get working, so please be patient. Any help would be appreciated.

General Installation info

INSTALLATION:

Flash in a custom recovery:

1. Copy zip to sdcard
    2. Boot to recovery
    3. Make backup
    4. Install zip from sdcard
    5. Select custom ROM zip
    6. Accept install
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!

Sideload after build:
    In same terminal as the build
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    In recovery:
    Make backup in recovery if needed
    Choose Install from sideload
    Code:
    adb sideload out/target/product/ME173X/cm-10.1-20140322-UNOFFICIAL-ME173X.zip
    You will have to change the date according to the date of build.

Thanks, but I am not the only one. Lots of credit goes to xplodwild, chrmhoffmann, and bgcngm. I am just setting it up so that it is accessible to anybody that wants to help. They have made more progress than me as far as getting things working, I just know from experience that if you put the code in front of peoples face, they will be more likely to contribute something to the project. Since we don't have that base to start from, I figured I would put it together and let everybody at it.