Verizon galaxy s3 won't Connect to network. Rooted unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

andrebigrod

Jan 5, 2008
Omaha, Ne
Having a weird issue where my phone is stuck roaming and won't connect to network. I'm on root 66 rom. Tried aokp and cm10 but data was iffy. After I flashed back not data and network. Can't get it back. Never lost IMEI or phone number on any rom. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

jsb5388

Jul 20, 2012
Having a weird issue where my phone is stuck roaming and won't connect to network. I'm on root 66 rom. Tried aokp and cm10 but data was iffy. After I flashed back not data and network. Can't get it back. Never lost IMEI or phone number on any rom. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Use the Phone Info app and change it to LTE/CDMA.

or

Odin back to stock

andrebigrod

Jan 5, 2008
Omaha, Ne
Flashed it completely back to stock still had roaming issues. And no network. Ill change simcard tomorrow and see if its that.

Zalithian

Aug 8, 2012
Flashed it completely back to stock still had roaming issues. And no network. Ill change simcard tomorrow and see if its that.

Reprovision your phone.

*2767*3855# (It will completely wipe you back to factory). It's been known to fix no data/roaming issues if your IMEI is intact.

Andrew.80

Dec 16, 2011
greenville sc

Reprovision your phone.

*2767*3855# (It will completely wipe you back to factory). It's been known to fix no data/roaming issues if your IMEI is intact.

i tried flashing back to stock and fallowed everything correctly and that didnt fix it , so i went to the verizon store and they tried using a new sim and now i am stuck on the activation part (cause i have no network connection) is there any way to fix it now?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Reprovision your phone.

i tried flashing back to factory and that didnt work so i tried checking to see if the sim was messed up and now my phone is stuck on the activation screen and i cant get it to go past it anyway to fix it ?

Bus_Driver_Uppercut

Dec 26, 2012
Hey Guys....

Earlier today, I had a rooted, unlocked, CM10 ROM Galaxy S3 that was working fine. I updated to the latest nightly, that unfortunately wiped out my Google settings, meaning my contacts were gone, and I couldn't access the Play Store.

Long story short, after recovering back to stock, now I can't connect to the network. My phone says I'm connected under Verizon, but I can't dial out or send any text messages. Please help! I'm starting to panic.

SeniorOne

Dec 2, 2010
Bronx, N.Y.
Earlier today, I had a rooted, unlocked, CM10 ROM Galaxy S3 that was working fine. I updated to the latest nightly, that unfortunately wiped out my Google settings, meaning my contacts were gone, and I couldn't access the Play Store.

Long story short, after recovering back to stock, now I can't connect to the network. My phone says I'm connected under Verizon, but I can't dial out or send any text messages. Please help! I'm starting to panic.

I too had this problem after updating to CM10.1, my solution was as follows.
1. Odin back to stock image (I used Root66 stock image with SU)
2. Re-provision your phone by dialing *2767*3855#
3. Now you'll need to Un lock your bootloader. Open Play store, search and install VZW GS3 EZ-Unlock (Bootloader), unlock it
4. I use TWRP recovery, easy way to install it is by going to the play store and search up GooManager, once you install it open it and under settings go to install openrecoveryscript
Once you've done the above you should be able to install a new updated rom. Hope that helps.

kiefmer

Apr 23, 2011
A Little Help Please

I am having a bad feeling about what I have done to my S3. Fri. I was rooting my phone and trying different ROM's. When I installed the CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly, I noticed that my phone started showing that it was roaming (with the triangle above the bars). So I put the phone back to stock and it was still showing roaming. I haven't been able to get it out since then. I tried putting my wife's SIM in the phone but it still doesn't work, and my SIM works in her phone. I have followed the instructions that SeniorOne posted and no luck. When I type the code in to provision it doesn't do anything. It doesn't look like the phone as lost the IMEI, because when I look at the "About Phone" section it still shows it there and is the same one that is on the box that it came in. I have installed the CyanogenMod again and I am hoping that I can get this fixed and that I haven't bricked it. I am pretty new with the S3 and moding it, but I have looked up and down XDA's site to see if I find anything but haven't.

Thanks,
Kiefmer

kiefmer

Apr 23, 2011
Thank You

You need to use the dialer code in the earlier versions of ICS. Root66 works. Also have you went into mobile networks and changed your subscription type to sim?

Thank you very much! I changed the subscription type in CyanogenMod and that worked. The signal seems to be a little weaker than before, but we will give it a try and see how it works out. Thank you again!!!

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
You need to use the dialer code in the earlier versions of ICS. Root66 works. Also have you went into mobile networks and changed your subscription type to sim?

Sent from my VS920 4G using xda app-developers app

Sorry to kick a dead thread, but can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I'm having the same symptoms of the activation codes not doing anything at all. I tried on a fresh ODIN flash with no results, and am going to be submitting a warranty claim if I can't get the device to come alive by tomorrow. Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts