[Q] Verizon s3 stuck at 4G LTE screen after installing Beats Audio

Search This thread

djlok0

Dec 5, 2012
I just got my phone yesterday. I rooted it, backed up my appz with titanium backup (which is doing me no good now. the phone wont pick up internal hard drive in recovery mode. i downloaded an overclocking app but never used it. i changed the font today and installed Beats Audio and as SOON as the installation of Beats Audio was done, my verizon galaxy s3 froze. I was forced to pull the battery, the phone started up normally but got stuck at the 4G LTE screen. Ive tried clearing the cache, factory reseting it. I tried loading the rooted and stock roms. Odin tells me this

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I get the same when i try to flash the stock bootloader as well. someone please help me. i just got this phone yesterday and i want my baby back. =:)crying:

djlok0

Dec 5, 2012
Not sure the steps you're taking to restore, but follow this guide here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28530394

Sent from my SCH-I535

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Or try downloading a custom ROM on your computer and putting it in your external SD card and install the through cwm.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I previously read your posts and followed them but im still bricked. i will tried your recommendation about the SD card but I am still having that issue with Odin not completing its task when i try to flash the stock rom. Its like its having trouble connecting or something is preventing it from certain tasks.

djlok0

Dec 5, 2012
Do you have all the drivers described in the post I linked you to installed on your computer? Do you have another computer you can try

Sent from my SCH-I535

AHHHH my friend i thank you VERY much. I thought this was the computer I used. I used my girlfriends laptop which is a better performing computer. but i did not think of that because I started this on another computer, continued on mine, and now, im on my girls laptop which i originally did my rooting on. Odin hasnt finished but im getting farther in the process than I have yet today. I DO thank you again for you help and wish you and your family a happy holiday season =)

djlok0

Dec 5, 2012
Glad it seems to be working. One tip, after you get up and running make a backup in cwm before you do anything else. This way you always have a stock backup to fall back on.

Sent from my SCH-I535

most definitely will now that i see the possible inconvenience doing things like this can cause you. I have a tip for you as well... DONT INSTALL BEATS AUDIO USING THE INSTALLER!!!! lol

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Yep if possible do stuff manually. The beats zips work great, check out the pimp my ROM app. it has beats and a lot more And is safe for stock ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I535

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

It could have been the font also. I had it boot loop me once

Sent from my SCH-I535

djlok0

Dec 5, 2012
Yep if possible do stuff manually. The beats zips work great, check out the pimp my ROM app. it has beats and a lot more And is safe for stock ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I535

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Sent from my SCH-I535

Gotcha!!! Thanks!!!! man. im on it now!!!!

chrleesha

Aug 31, 2008
Tampa
Same Problem, different question...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Sent from my SCH-I535

I'm having the same problem with beats installer; I'm currently waiting on the Stock ROM to download so I can ODIN it back on. (fingers crossed)

In the meantime, do any of the beats zips' include support for the Volume Controls or fix the problem that you can't use them as phone headset? That's what I was really trying to accomplish.

droidman89

Nov 16, 2012
el paso
having issues regaining root after clean flashin rom .

Not sure the steps you're taking to restore, but follow this guide here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28530394

Sent from my SCH-I535

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Or try downloading a custom ROM on your computer and putting it in your external SD card and install the through cwm.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Hi i was having the same issues with the beats driver i followed you step and managed to unbrick my device successfully. i flashed it to the unificial jelly bean leak to be exact it was this one Unofficial VRBLK1 4.1.1- http://www.myandroidfiles.com/open1y...w_ship.tar.md5 which once again was successful but the problem i am having now is rooting my device. i am using the same rooting method which is called debugfs-based root for galaxy sIII and now when it tries to copy the files necessary it keeps saying failed to copy su, and everything says failed to copy any of the files needed to root and my device reboots 3 times every single reboot step fails to copy any of the files. any ideas?? i am downloading the official stock verizon rom from your directions page i dont know if it is the rom or what it is help please thanks/