[ROM][Kernel][Firmware] Stock-Rooted L900VPAMA7 Odex / DeOdex [Team WHOMP]

Search This thread

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I hope so cuz i dont want to flash something that im not sure of. Granted these guys/girls have been doing this for a while now but coming from my tiny ogevo to this is really got me confused. Oh and by the way cherylbaker saw a few days ago that you built your own ROM..CONGRATS. I was in the works on one for the ogevo but got this phone instead . Maybe we could collab on one if you want to....no biggie if not! Just trying to make sense of what i need to download flash and what not.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

My ? is that if I dl the newest L900PAMA7 ROM and flash this to my phone...just the link in the op...DO I NEED TO FLASH ANYTHING ELSE? Running ...obviously Macks newest ROM..LJC , do I need to go back to stock unrooted or can i just flash the MA7 update..do i need the modem flash....IM JUST CONFUSED!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha your the second person who had said that. .I dunno where it is coming from but I haven't actually built a rom yet. .working on it yes. . Made changes and it flashed on my phone but that's s far cry from building a rom ha ha
In the op of some thread (perhaps this one) there are zips to flash for different things. You might just want to wait for a one click. I flashed the new kernel just fur fun. . I am a little concerned at this time about battery life. . Perhaps it is just the Constant use new software fun :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I hope so cuz i dont want to flash something that im not sure of. Granted these guys/girls have been doing this for a while now but coming from my tiny ogevo to this is really got me confused. Oh and by the way cherylbaker saw a few days ago that you built your own ROM..CONGRATS. I was in the works on one for the ogevo but got this phone instead . Maybe we could collab on one if you want to....no biggie if not! Just trying to make sense of what i need to download flash and what not.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

My ? is that if I dl the newest L900PAMA7 ROM and flash this to my phone...just the link in the op...DO I NEED TO FLASH ANYTHING ELSE? Running ...obviously Macks newest ROM..LJC , do I need to go back to stock unrooted or can i just flash the MA7 update..do i need the modem flash....IM JUST CONFUSED!!!!!!!!

Before you flash the rom you need to update your base to ma7. Also if you fish macks rom you are no longer running an ma7 rom so you will not have whatever features or bug fixes are in it.

Go read this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2147373

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Ha ha ha your the second person who had said that. .I dunno where it is coming from but I haven't actually built a rom yet. .working on it yes. . Made changes and it flashed on my phone but that's s far cry from building a rom ha ha
In the op of some thread (perhaps this one) there are zips to flash for different things. You might just want to wait for a one click. I flashed the new kernel just fur fun. . I am a little concerned at this time about battery life. . Perhaps it is just the Constant use new software fun :)

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Before you flash the rom you need to update your base to ma7. Also if you fish macks rom you are no longer running an ma7 rom so you will not have whatever features or bug fixes are in it.

Just checked my baseband...still says ljc...what do I need to do first. Already flashed the MA7 rom and it says my rom is ma7 but baseband is still ljc?
Is the MA7 MODEM the baseband I need to flash first before the ROM ... like I said I already have the MA7 ROM on my phone ... but baseband is still ljC . GEEZ I hate being a noob all over again !
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
Here is some help:

I know it says you must already be on MA7 Firmware to flash but I was successful flashing from MA5, just make a back up and if something goes wrong, restore it. Hell, I didn't even wipe. I am not sure how firmware version will be relevant to flashing system + data + boot.img and I didn't see anything in the updater script that would cause issues if you weren't. If you are switching between deodex/odexed and you don't wipe you will have issues.

Modem = Radio (there is no NV/PRI in Samsung phones) Baseband = Modem

Firmware in the sense that T3 is using it, means Modem + Sboot + Tz, Firmware does not equal rom (really system image + data)
I am hesitant to flash a newer Sboot files because in the past you would lose the ability to reset the flash count and I have never seen ill effects. I have no idea what the Tz file does, nor have I seen an answer. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tz file has something to do with LTE(or maybe international versions) because some people are having issues once updating. For example, the ones who lose LTE didn't go from OTA MA7 to Deodex/odexed MA7 (like the OP says) so they never got they updated Tz file (just a hunch, I could be wrong). You can be one whatever firmware versions you want but I just can't imagine Samsung/sprint would have the latest versions be worse than older ones but people have mixed results.

Kernel is pretty self-explanatory. You can use which ever one you want, just try to stay within the android version (4.1.2).

Last edited:
Reactions: ianmb

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
ok, so i flashed this and everything seems to be working well... but did Samsung not add the 1 finger expand/contract on the notifications like stock google 4.1.2 has?

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Here is some help:

I know it says you must already be on MA7 Firmware to flash but I was successful flashing from MA5, just make a back up and if something goes wrong, restore it. Hell, I didn't even wipe. I am not sure how firmware version will be relevant to flashing system + data + boot.img and I didn't see anything in the updater script that would cause issues if you weren't. If you are switching between deodex/odexed and you don't wipe you will have issues.

Firmware in the sense that T3 is using it, means Modem + Sboot + Tz, Firmware does not equal rom (really system image + data)
I am hesitant to flash a newer Sboot files because in the past you would lose the ability to reset the flash count and I have never seen ill effects. I have no idea what the Tz file does, nor have I seen an answer. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tz file has something to do with LTE(or maybe international versions) because some people are having issues once updating. For example, the ones who lose LTE didn't go from OTA MA7 to Deodex/odexed MA7 (like the OP says) so they never got they updated Tz file (just a hunch, I could be wrong). You can be one whatever firmware versions you want but I just can't imagine Samsung/sprint would have the latest versions be worse than older ones but people have mixed results.

Kernel is pretty self-explanatory. You can use which ever one you want, just try to stay within the android version (4.1.2).

So basically just stay with the ljc baseband on the ma7 rom? As long as everything works fine? Thanks again...I'm just learning and all my ?s may seem to be a nuisance, but I just want to understand what I'm doing/reading. So if my ?s seem redundant I apologize. :confused:

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
So basically just stay with the ljc baseband on the ma7 rom? As long as everything works fine? Thanks again...I'm just learning and all my ?s may seem to be a nuisance, but I just want to understand what I'm doing/reading. So if my ?s seem redundant I apologize. :confused:

That is your choice it is not relevant to the version you are on. I prefer to stay on the newest modem(baseband), some people report having different data speeds with different modems.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
That is your choice it is not relevant to the version you are on. I prefer to stay on the newest modem(baseband), some people report having different data speeds with different modems.

So if I choose to flash the newest modem and im already on ma7 do I need to re flash the rom too, or just the baseband?
And if my speeds/signal are bad with new modem...can I go back to the ljc baseband?
Also...do I just wipe cache/dalvik to flash just the modem

Last edited:
So if I choose to flash the newest modem and im already on ma7 do I need to re flash the rom too, or just the baseband?
And if my speeds/signal are bad with new modem...can I go back to the ljc baseband?
Also...do I just wipe cache/dalvik to flash just the modem

You can flash the modem at any point but its always recommended to flash the modem that matches that version.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Here is some help:

The tz/LTE connection is probably true...I havent been able to find info on the tz file. Since I am one of the ones that loses LTE im going to say the safest way to keep LTE would then be roll back to ljc do the update to ma7 then you get the sboot/tz/modem root then flash this or just wait until T3 or someone else pulls the tibits then flash and lte should be back.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
Guys I hate to say this but I have a feeling that some of the radio glitches you are having might be because you updated to Ma5 or LK8 beta software before the official release

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
Guys I hate to say this but I have a feeling that some of the radio glitches you are having might be because you updated to Ma5 or LK8 beta software before the official release

Doubt it, you shouldn't spread stuff unless you know for sure.
I ran constant Team Sextape leaks on my epic touch, and never had issues.
I would bet the people with issues didn't take the ota first.

sigpic2757720_7.gif

Doubt it, you shouldn't spread stuff unless you know for sure.
I ran constant Team Sextape leaks on my epic touch, and never had issues.
I would bet the people with issues didn't take the ota first.

sigpic2757720_7.gif

Yea Im I just did the Rom and modem because I saw a cpl people had issues going back after rolling back then updating. I was just going to put a zip together and install the tz and see if that fixes the lte connection.

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
I'm talking from experience on a previous phone. Don't get defensive here you forget sometimes the leaked software has differences from the official releases, such as where different files are written.

Now from my previous conversation with t3 you might want to try installing garwynns kernel to make sure that isn't the issue.

Also there are posts from people in this thread who have used this update and are running lte just fine. This isn't magic and its not sextapes fault you install leaked software at your own risk. I had to completely rebuild my evo3d when I did that, and I will and have never done so again. Sometimes updates are dead ends and there is no going back only completely rebuilding. ...

austinbrady

Jan 9, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
Hope this helps some...

I was on ma5 baseband and firmware, rooted and odexed.

Wanted ma7 base and firmware de-odexed.
Wiped cache and dalvic.
Flashed ma7 modem.
Reboot.
Flashed ma7 de-odexed rom.
Rebooted.
All is wonderful.
All apps function as before.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Flak

Feb 18, 2006
I may have missed it (sorry if I did). Are the kernels posted now the new one or are they still LJC?

santos331

Nov 15, 2008
I tried flashing the kernel from here too and it is still giving me the one from october. I downloaded the one from rwilco as well from his website and its also the same result. Could it be because were rooted and were flashing it? Ill probably go back to stock recovery and try it.

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
Just flash Garwynns kernel for now its ma7 with a few tweaks from him. ..

bash78

Jul 31, 2008
I was at Ma5, What i did was
1. I went back to Ljc stock (unrooted)
2. Rooted it back using the Tool kit
3. flashed the update.zip for Ma7
4. Flash t3s deodexed rom and modem

Everything working. LTE too ( went to downtown Miami to check)

Reactions: sliverr7x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A big thanks to rwilco12 for the update.zip.

Here are the stock rooted odex / deodexed MA7 ROMs from the official Sprint OTA for the SPH-L900 with init.d and /data/app support! Permission is given to use as bases for your ROMs if you wish. Just give the proper credit and thanks as always.

To clear up some confusion in the thread: The kernels that were included in the roms were older kernels. It was no ones fault, just simply a mistake. The ROMs have been repacked with the correct kernel and the individual links have been corrected and added back as well.

Odex Version: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658475185
    md5: 1a9a98254d2c7b87506c34e57c0a8982

DeOdex Version: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658475186
    md5: 78838c7d2439779ac06d587df21075da

Below is the firmware for MA7 including the All-In-One LJC to MA7 zip
    Sorry it took so long for the all in on zip!

Stock L900VPAMA7 All-In-One Firmware: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474979
    md5: a7157e76198e89970529eb2ff385d86b

Stock L900VPAMA7 Modem: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474573
    md5: ceb5f9b4c1cbd383ae6caa522deb6290

Below are the repacked Stock and Modified L900VPAMA7 Kernels
    These are the correct 3.0.31-903705 build!

Stock L900VPAMA7 Kernel: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474994
    md5: a651d579542befa612c1d87dce621fdb

Modified L900VPAMA7 Kernel w/ init.d support: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474988
    md5: 9d343b3334a939ca84557531cda91ad1

These are flashable zips for TWRP/CWM. It is advised to be on the MA7 firmware above to run the ROMs.
    one more for me
    I'm not being rude or calling anyone out.. this is not meant to do that.. Just my natural born American opinion.

I will keep this short""" we trust you when you post... this mistake has cost me at least 8 hours of my life. Some of us actually use our phones to make a living for our families.. flashing the posted non-professional posted ROM caused my phone not to be able to send email from an exchange server which cost me money. """" there are a couple of women in this Sprint Galaxy Note II forum that actually test/verify whats being posting. Because of those 2, I was able to fix my phone Monday. Sure now its not rooted but works like it was purchased to do. We are not all social wanta B's. Even though it says flash at your own risk/not responsible for damage........doesn't mean you get off with a short (just a mistake all files and links have been corrected)

this is what happens when you deal with amateurs/self proclaimed developers/cut and paste part swappers. lesson learned.. GOT ME ONCE ... DOUBT EVER AGAIN.

just saying if the original update was used and verified before uploading.......not this thread and the others working on the wrong kernel would have wasted many hours of they're lives/time as well:eek:

*Not to be rude or call anyone out* (Noticed I removed the name out of the quote), but if your phone is THAT important to where it costs you money if something goes wrong, maybe you shouldn't be flashing. This is a hobby, and people upload their work for end users to use. No one forced you to flash it. If you want to take that risk, that's your prerogative (#BobbyBrownVoice), but if something goes wrong don't come in a thread trying to entice a riot. If you don't want to be a "social wanta B", then please don't come in here trying to start anything by posting something you KNOW is going to get a rise out of people.

Thread has been cleaned and everything has been corrected. so let's move on and drop it please. I'll be polite about it this time. :highfive:
    there.......everything i have so far is up. im done for the day :)