[Q] Did I just fry my SIM Card Slot?

Search This thread

airliftpilot

Jun 5, 2014
Hello,

I recently acquired an HTC One M7 and I started playing with it. After a while, I switched to a different ROM, namely AICP and after playing with it a bit more, I ended up deleting something related to sound enhancement. Everything was fine at this point.

The next day, early morning, I had to make some quick calls, but when I made the first call, I realized that I have no sound input / output during a call, although the music player worked as usual. I proceeded to hot swapping the SIM to another phone (as I said, I was in a bit of a hurry). The HTC did not turn off, while I did so, but when I put the SIM back in it, it did not detect it anymore.

It's been showing the NO SIM CARD message ever since, although I changed a couple of ROMs, including CM, Viper, Android Revolution HD and I tried the tape on the backside of the SIM card trick, I cleaned the SIM as best I could and I even tried different ones.

Finally, I wander whether I managed to somehow damage the slot of the SIM card, since the SIM works perfectly fine on my other phone.

If any of you experienced something similar, please, let me know how you solved it.

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
Hello,

I recently acquired an HTC One M7 and I started playing with it. After a while, I switched to a different ROM, namely AICP and after playing with it a bit more, I ended up deleting something related to sound enhancement. Everything was fine at this point.

The next day, early morning, I had to make some quick calls, but when I made the first call, I realized that I have no sound input / output during a call, although the music player worked as usual. I proceeded to hot swapping the SIM to another phone (as I said, I was in a bit of a hurry). The HTC did not turn off, while I did so, but when I put the SIM back in it, it did not detect it anymore.

It's been showing the NO SIM CARD message ever since, although I changed a couple of ROMs, including CM, Viper, Android Revolution HD and I tried the tape on the backside of the SIM card trick, I cleaned the SIM as best I could and I even tried different ones.

Finally, I wander whether I managed to somehow damage the slot of the SIM card, since the SIM works perfectly fine on my other phone.

If any of you experienced something similar, please, let me know how you solved it.

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

I always put my phone in offline mode before swapping sim card. Putting tap will not help. Just try to rub something on the sim card and check that all the points are touching the sim.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

airliftpilot

Jun 5, 2014
I always put my phone in offline mode before swapping sim card. Putting tap will not help. Just try to rub something on the sim card and check that all the points are touching the sim.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried rubbing the SIM against microfiber after cleaning it with alcohol and I even used another, new SIM.

Unfortunately, I cannot really check whether or not all points on the SIM are touching slot contacts, since opening up the HTC One M7 is really hard and that would be the only way to actually take a look at the slot.