Unfortunately, Themes provider has stopped.

Search This thread

robert95

Jun 30, 2014
hello, i just updated my galaxy s3 mini to the latest CM release (20140629) and when my phone finished booting i started getting this error (Unfortunatelly, Themes provider has stopped.), i tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but it didnt work, could anyone help me out to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

robert95

Jun 30, 2014
Are you able to do anything on the device or does the error keep coming back every second?

Yes, the error kept coming back every second, now i tried wiping system, data, cache and dalvik cache, flashed the rom and the gapps again and the device is working correctly now, thanks for the help

sfca

Aug 5, 2014
helps

My case is similar, but i dont solve the problem, i try all wipes any roms and the error continue.
Please help me solve this.
thanks

howudoinbuddy

Aug 7, 2014
My case is similar, but i dont solve the problem, i try all wipes any roms and the error continue.
Please help me solve this.
thanks

Hello, T mobile GS4 owner here.
I just signed up because I'm having the same problem. I've been happily running Liquidsmooth for many months now, and my current version is from 6/21/14. I haven't had any problems flashing until now.

I've tried flashing the last 2 builds and keep getting the message "unfortunately themes provider has stopped".

It appears as soon as the phone boots up after flashing. It's right in the middle of the screen and won't allow me to do anything. Every time I click on OK, it comes back immediately. I have searched high and low for a way to fix this. So far I've tried reloading, rebooting, re-downloading starting again from scratch. I always clear the data and cache and do a factory reset. I have attempted flashing at least half a dozen times and always get the same annoying message.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

BTW, I'm also flashing the latest full version of GAPPS at the same time.

Last edited:

91Y0 90LLY

May 22, 2013
Helsinki
hello, i just updated my galaxy s3 mini to the latest CM release (20140629) and when my phone finished booting i started getting this error (Unfortunatelly, Themes provider has stopped.), i tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but it didnt work, could anyone help me out to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!
Do complete wipe and install latest nightly or milestone release of cm 11 from novafusion.pl ..it should work fine!!

Last edited:

xhugogamax

Oct 3, 2014
Themes Provider

Hi Guys!

I have the same problem of everyone...Anyone have a solution about this???

Best Regards,

Hugo

ShubhamSE

May 3, 2015
Yes, the error kept coming back every second, now i tried wiping system, data, cache and dalvik cache, flashed the rom and the gapps again and the device is working correctly now, thanks for the help

Hey robert95, reinstalling is not the solution.

There is a culprit theme so lets find that out.
First connect phone to adb.
go to the layout just before which error come.
type in terminal
Code:
adb logcat
enter
tap to get error
you will get output something like this on terminal
Code:
--------- beginning of crash
xx-xx xx:xx:xx.xxx  xxxx  xxxx E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
xx-xx xx:xx:xx.xxx  xxxx  xxxx E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.sonyericsson.advancedwidget.clock, PID: xxxx
xx-xx xx:xx:xx.xxx  xxxx  xxxx E AndroidRuntime: Theme: themes:{default=overlay:venus.theme, iconPack:com.elsalvador.xperiacm12theme, fontPkg:venus.theme, com.android.systemui=overlay:venus.theme, com.android.systemui.navbar=overlay:system}
you get some app like venus.theme,com, elsalvador.xperiacm12theme
Uninstall those culprit and open themes again now there will be no error.

Xxbellatrixx

Jun 20, 2016
Happened with my s6.. emailed samsung and they said its a problem many are having and i would have to wait for the next update for it to be fixed. 4th update today and its still not working.

Shaik Abdul Khadar

May 6, 2018
Brother when i go to my themes in samsung theme store at G930F it says Unfortunately theme store stopped. I cleared the data and i force stopped it 4 times but still problem is not solved. Can you help me plz....