[ROM][05 APR 11][F1 CyanogenMod 7 V1][EXT2]

Search This thread

dkn00b

Oct 20, 2010
Abu Dhabi
After installing couple of aaps when I reboot now it doesn't boot into android.. Its stuck at cyanogen 7 (mod) screen .. I left it overnight and woke up to find it was in Android but i wonder how long it took.. At the moment its been more than 5mins and its still trying to load..

I might just format the whole thing and try again, App by App

258cupu

Jul 30, 2010
Hi, faryaab I found something wrong with the email, I cannot open email arrived, when i try to open suddenly the screen is black and go back to email list only sometime i can see the header of email and then the screen going black and go back to email list. i use to open my exchange. is there any solution? since i cannot uninstal email nor using droidmail, etc

spine6

Hi, faryaab I found something wrong with the email, I cannot open email arrived, when i try to open suddenly the screen is black and go back to email list only sometime i can see the header of email and then the screen going black and go back to email list. i use to open my exchange. is there any solution? since i cannot uninstal email nor using droidmail, etc

same here with this issue and also facebook, opera mini,opera mobile,skype does not load but the system is really stable..

dantexperia

May 31, 2010
Rosario
Hello faryaab, i have one problem, i follow all steps, but not running :(... In SD root, later of install "installer", doesn't appear "zImage", modules, etc :\.. Obviously when clicked on "haret.exe" appear the error "Failed to load file\Storage Card\zimage".. HELP PLEASE :( & thanks!

ilgreco112

Jul 5, 2009
Liège
Hello faryaab, i have one problem, i follow all steps, but not running :(... In SD root, later of install "installer", doesn't appear "zImage", modules, etc :\.. Obviously when clicked on "haret.exe" appear the error "Failed to load file\Storage Card\zimage".. HELP PLEASE :( & thanks!

you need to partition your sdcard with ext2+fat32+linuxswap, then copy on the root of fat32partition, then you go install, only after that you can hit Haret

dantexperia

May 31, 2010
Rosario
:(

Thanks for your answer, but not, no way possible for my..
I follow all steps, but not, nothing.. ext2 (primary) - linuxswap (primary and logical too), storagecard in fat32, but no.. :(.. thanks of any way...

neoofoox

Jun 22, 2008
Nuremberg

Copy all files from the kernel folder to the root of the storage card ;)

dantexperia

May 31, 2010
Rosario
Thanks to all for the quickly answers great community!, I've tried!, but my device restarts when I try with the "module & zImage" from the folder "Kernel", I think it's is problem for the SD card "Sandisk 8Gb" :\, Incompatibility with the partition probably or problem of the zImage created and installed on ext2...thanks and cheers!

jeffhughes

Feb 22, 2009
Very nice

Lovely stuff. I didn't think I would end up with Gingerbread on the X1. I seem to also be getting some random restarts and sleep of death, but it's a great achievement so far. Thanks.

gummikungen

Oct 23, 2009
Market

Hi all, a big problem with all Gingerbread releases is that not all apps can be found in the market. For example one of the most poular apps Runkeeper. And you can not install it even if you have the .apk-file.
Have anyone found a workaround?

semiran

May 8, 2009
Maastricht
i also got alot of sod and then the screen is black and nothing happends when i push the buttons. i'm giving up with this one. going to use the purefroyo again :D

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
looks like there was some progress in the last 6 months with android on x1... :)
tried some versions in the last days and this is by far the best. relatively fast (the first winmo 6.5-roms were early alphas compared to this), very stable and it makes fun. dunno what you guys call "SoD" with android, but the winmo-version of it never happened with this one (phone really needing restart). android is running for about 24 hours now.

sometimes its slow to wake up, black screen. but fiddeling with power-button a bit usually convinces it to come up. i have the feeling it works better if its been in standby a bit longer, as if lockscreen needs to be loaded first.

installing adw launcher improved speed quite a lot.
facebook 1.5.0 is working, skype connecting only every second time. (skype-bug?)
havent tried any games, missing market makes it a hazzle to download.

so, big flaw is the missing google-connectivity for now. missing gmail-sync, maps, etc - android without full google-support is a bit pointless (i know its a common bug). but apart from that its a real blast, looking forward to the next version!!!

ps: anyone got a hint how to change layout of hw-keyb? i have a qwertz (german). is editing layout-file really the only way?

...and now back to winmo - i need my mail-sync... :D

edit:
syncing gmail via "email" works, but i cant open a mail, it always crashes back to mail-list. guess thats caused by this "skia-bug", right? (still catching up with known bugs and what they are)

Last edited:

andy_0

Dec 6, 2008
Within the last days i had one SOD some hours after i installed the OS and no key freeze. I lowered CPU clock and since then i am SOD free. Could be because of cpu clock but may not.

Can you tell me what faryaab means with SetCPU and what else i can do to increase battery life? As i primarly use the system for texting and talking on the phone i removed the OC for the CPU and GPU from the startup file.

I can only charge while booting android while plugged to the power cable (this is a well known bug/limitation). But when i remove the plug after the phone is fully charged i have to reboot to charge the battery again. Is this behavior correct? To reboot every time you may want to charge the phone is a real hassle, especially if the battery still has 60 percent and you want to charge it quickly just to make sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F1 CyanogenMod 7 V1​

This is my CyanogenMod 7 build based on the latest CyanogenMod RC4 base. I have fixed a lot of bugs in this build. This build is very stable and fast.This build also includes the theme manager from which you can customize your device a lot.Don't forget that orignal CyanogenMod is in still RC4 so dont blame me for the bugs. I suggest you to open all apps and sync your account with Google on the first boot and then reboot your device for the best speed. First boot will be slow and wait up to 2-3 mins when reached on setup wizard to let Android fully settle down. This build is fully ROOTED and SuperUser is installed. In this build market, Gmail and browser will not work due to skia bug which is common in CM builds and some web based apps will not work but the system is pure stable and very fast. My the beta releases builds will be from V1 till V1.9. WiFi is better and Battery is optimized.

[Guide on how to create an EXT2 partition]

Build: CM7 RC4 [Gingerbread 2.3.3]
    Kernel: Duckly's Turbo Kernel 25 Mar 11 (Keypad drivers not as modules)
    Change log [5-4-11]
    • Fixed phone calling.
    • Fixed Neocore Textures problem.
    • Fixed Stock Keyboard.
    • Auto-rotation in display settings will be automatically disabled.
    • Auto-backlight in display settings will be automatically disabled.
    • Screen On / Off animation in CyanogenMod settings will automatically be disabled.
    • Fixed Gallery bug.
    • Added 2D Gallery.
    • Added Launcher Pro 0.8.4.1
    • Added OI File Manager 1.1.4
    • Removed Browser and Gmail.

Working:
    • SuperUser
    • WiFi (Perfect - No disconnection)
    • GPS
    • 3G Network
    • 3D [24.1 FPS Without Sound]
    • Phone
    • SMS
    • Very Good Battery Life
    • Smooth Animations
    • Backlight Control
    • Market (New)
    • Navigation
    • Google Maps
    • Overclocked to 652MHz [If you get boot or crashing problems lower the OC value]
    • Landscape Support

Not Working
    • Bluetooth
    • Due to Skia-Bug Browser, Gmail and Market are not working. (Use opera mini, its fully working)

Note:
    • You may also try to use SetCPU to increase battery life.
    • First Boot will take some time.
    • Don't touch the phone for 2-3 mins when reached on setup wizard.

Buttons Layout:
    • X Panel Button = Home Button
    • OK Button = Back Button
    • Left Softkey = Menu Button
    • Right Softkey = Standby & Lock Button
    • Call Button = Dialer Button
    • Call End Button = Standby & Lock Button
    • Volume Buttons = Volume Buttons
    • Power Button = Standby & Lock Button

Instructions:
    Unpack the Zip file copy all the Files in the root of the FAT32 partition this will be the only partition you will see in the my computer. Then go to file explorer then in storage card then into the npkinstall folder then run haret this will install files on the EXT2 partition. Then it will automatically restart after you restart back into the windows mobile go into file explorer then storage card then run haret which is in the root of the sd-card not the one in npkinstall folder and just wait and it will boot.

Credits:
    • Thanks To NEOPEEK
    • Thanks To Duckly
    • Thanks To Chann
    • Thanks To XDANDROID
    • Thanks To Bruno_123
    • Thanks To Benquick
    • Thanks To Midnight
    • Thanks To Preston74
    Download
    If you want to support my work,
    Try the mediafire one. I searched Google for it. http://www.mediafire.com/?r6an8bc9y7iho79

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    ***********Reserved**********
    ##########Reserved##########
    Just whack my thanks button

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2