USB OTG?

Search This thread

pyro42

Jan 22, 2009
i recently bought a cheap USB On-The-Go cable for the Razr hoping to be able to use my droid 4 with the DSLR controller app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&hl=en but i am having no luck. i'm on stock w/ root, recently did the 219 update with no change. problem is i have no solid means of troubleshooting. i have a touchpad with cm9, droid 1, droid 2, and my droid 4, but i cannot get the cable to work with any of them even for mounting a usb drive. but i'm also having trouble finding solid info on if it should work with any of them.

has anyone had any luck using usb otg with the D4?

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

bohhad

Feb 15, 2010
I've gotten it working with a cheap Staples USB hub, a USB Y cable (2 male USB one end, 1 male microUSB on the other end for the hub), and a USB charging brick, the USB OTG cable itself. From what I've put together, it's sensitive to where it gets power from. That's why I had trouble with it at first.

Long story short, USB OTG does work on the D4 stock rom, updated and bone stock

pyro42

Jan 22, 2009
I've gotten it working with a cheap Staples USB hub, a USB Y cable (2 male USB one end, 1 male microUSB on the other end for the hub), and a USB charging brick, the USB OTG cable itself. From what I've put together, it's sensitive to where it gets power from. That's why I had trouble with it at first.

Thanks. i actually was fooling around with my touchpad last night and found out it needs external power as well. so with a y-cable from a seagate portable harddrive, i was able to test that the OTG cable i have is indeed working. however, i could not get my D4 to work using extra power from my PC, but I picked up a kodak power brick today and its charging, so here's hoping that works.

actually nevermind, after playing around with a hub and a usb stick, it decided to work with my PC supplying extra power. after that, DSLR controller worked as long as there was extra power supplied. i imagine the battery pack i picked up should work quite nicely. now to go take HDR photos of the entire world! bwhahaha

Last edited:

bohhad

Feb 15, 2010
Glad you got it working. :) From my reading, the thing to do is get power on the +5v rail of the micro-usb 'input' port, that will allow power to flow from the USB hubs power brick, thru the hub, up to the phone. Can't help you with that however, it's a bit beyond me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.