Search This thread

lbroller

Nov 24, 2008
Instagram is working for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
Instagram works fine for me on ICS also, but the problem lies in uploading a picture and applying a filter. It locks up the phone and causes a reboot.

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
Facebook/microsoft xonspiracy to not let facebook work with new google os lol...all im saying

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
been hesitant to jump to ICS because of this
i dont use filters though

so you can take a pic, or upload a pic from a galley,use no filters, and instagram works fine?

lbroller

Nov 24, 2008
Lol Damn it just froze.... Mods lock this.

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
been hesitant to jump to ICS because of this
i dont use filters though

so you can take a pic, or upload a pic from a galley,use no filters, and instagram works fine?

Nope. Once you get to the filters section it locks up.

Ive just downloaded instagram on the late4st ics leak and seems to be working just fine.

Once again, browsing on Instagram works perfectly fine. Try posting a picture. Even DesignGears said that the new leak doesn't fix the freezing problem so I doubt you're right.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Well just browsing is no good, i browse, comment, and like from the PC program. Easier viewing in a grid instead of one by one phone scroll up

I only use my phone to upload pics, since that's not possible from a PC yet

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
Not working for me either but I can easily overlook that one of very few issues with ics. Instagram is overrated anyway. I certainly wouldn't let it hold me back from the latest and greatest OS on the planet.

kleinerast

Dec 16, 2008
Weston, FL
Not working for me either but I can easily overlook that one of very few issues with ics. Instagram is overrated anyway. I certainly wouldn't let it hold me back from the latest and greatest OS on the planet.

They just released an update and the filters work fine now.
They addressed it in the "What's new" section too

Edit:
still has some issues.
Posting from gallery results in a black picture. It seems a little laggy, but at least it hasn't crashed on me yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: girthfingers

Iphony89

Apr 25, 2012

Edit:
still has some issues.
Posting from gallery results in a black picture. It seems a little laggy, but at least it hasn't crashed on me yet.

1+ posting from the gallery results in you uploading a black pic, haven't taken a pic with the instagram camera yet, but according to your screenshot that works fine....

hopefully another minor update will solve the remaining issues.

smartguy044

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2012
North Carolina
I downloaded the new update and tried to upload a picture to see if it works but it rebooted my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And I won't. No worries there. But people have been complaining about it since the ics leak was first introduced. we get it. half of the people in this forums life and happiness apparently depends on instagram.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

You're exaggerating.

The reason why so many threads pop up on this subject is because this forum is filled with noobs who don't search.

Another reason why this subject pops up frequently is because Instagram was released a couple days before we got the first ICS leak(I know this because I'm responsible for the huge thread regarding the first ICS leak.); subsequently, a large number of people that were already using the newly introduced app wanted to use it on the newly introduced software version being ICS.

Some people have friends that use the app and would like to share photos with them. If you're not one of them, fine. Just don't clutter threads with your opinion on how irrelevant the thread subject is to you.

Anyways, back on topic please.
    Finally tried Instagram to see why everyone wants it.

Screen flashing and lockups on filter screen, phone unusable had to reboot. Perfection Objection ICS - though I'm sure this isn't news to anyone.

Doesn't Vignette do all of this stuff plus more? Is there some social aspect I'm overlooking? I can upload to FB, and auto sync to G+ and sugarsync. Vignette saves in full resolution too. Granted you'd have to tweak the filter settings and save your various setups to get the right amount of hipster/vintage. But at least it works and has worked forever. These are built in defaults below.

325a93e9-433d-1abe.jpg

325a93e9-434c-8bc0.jpg

325a93e9-435e-e5e6.jpg

For me it's all about the social side of it. I don't even use the filters, I use picsay pro. It's all about the networking aspect on my end, a tool like twitter, fb ect for my business
    Completely makes sense. My gf is in PR/marketing so I understand how FB, twitter, etc can be tools for business. Just didn't get the business vibe from most people complaining.

Sent from my bigass phone or whatever on ICS

There's a lot more to socializing than just "business".

Edit:
    still has some issues.
    And after the update today from play store, I was finally able to use instagram with no FC. On collective newest ics leak and 2.0 add on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Did you try adding a pic from the stock gallery? I think that's where the main problem is.