Root and bootloader unlock on stock KK

Search This thread

krystianp

May 14, 2012
Rzeszow
Hi,

Root works using @geohot kernel exploit. And when you root it you can use old bootloader exploit to unlock bootloader. Just unlocked my razr:)

Edit:

After reading some comments I decided to add quick walkthrough (there are other ones inside this thread, so you're not obligated to use mine;):

1. Get root exploit either from the original thread or from my dropbox.
2. You can also download bl unlocker motopocalypse.apk from my dropbox.
3. Put those files on your phone.
4. Install tr.apk and motopocalypse.apk
5. Run tr.apk, wait till it reboots your phone.
6. Check if root is working, if it does then run motopocalypse.
7. Check in fastboot more if "status code" equals "3" (turn off your phone and start it with power button + vol up pressed simultaneously).
8. If it does, you can appreciate @geohut and @djrbliss work by donating to them.

Attachments

• 2014-06-15_21-27-36_625.jpg
    2014-06-15_21-27-36_625.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 17,378
Last edited:

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
Hi,

Root works using @geohot kernel exploit. And when you root it you can use old bootloader exploit to unlock bootloader. Just unlocked my razr:)

Awesome stuff i saw this mentioned in the other thread but wasnt sure if it was the real deal. I'm locked on the previous jelly bean build so i'm guessing if i now update to kitkat i can then gain root and unlock the bootloader?

krystianp

May 14, 2012
Rzeszow
I was on stock jb, updated to stock kk, then used root exploit and BL unlocker.

Wysłane z mojego DROID RAZR HD przy użyciu Tapatalka

krystianp

May 14, 2012
Rzeszow
Okay thanks i'm downloading the xt926 version now.

When its finished do i just flash it using odin or is there something else i should use? Being stuck with a locked bootloader all this time has made me forget a few things :confused:.
As said in previous post use rds lite. Load xml file in rds and flash it. It should all go smoothly.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Yes, motoapocalypse. Someone on droidrzr just tried it on his HD and it worked for him. OMFG!

Top Liked Posts