Stock FM radio app

Search This thread

shsaifee

Jun 24, 2013
Bangalore
I am on CM 12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1) and FM is not included in that ROM. I downloaded and installed this in my phone. Installation went fine, but when I tried to open the app, it does not open, and gives out a message "Unfortunately, FM Radio has stopped." I rebooted the phone and tried again, but the same result.

Can you please help? I use FM very heavily during commute and now struggling to get one.

I was on stock 4.2 Jellybean. My device is HTC One XL (AT&T HTC One X) --> Evita.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Saabir

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I am on CM 12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1) and FM is not included in that ROM. I downloaded and installed this in my phone. Installation went fine, but when I tried to open the app, it does not open, and gives out a message "Unfortunately, FM Radio has stopped." I rebooted the phone and tried again, but the same result.

Can you please help? I use FM very heavily during commute and now struggling to get one.

I was on stock 4.2 Jellybean. My device is HTC One XL (AT&T HTC One X) --> Evita.

Regards
Saabir

I'm not sure why it's not in 12.1 but CM has in the past kept an FM radio. It may be a waste of data if you don't have unlimited but maybe you can download CM12 and grab the FM radio app from it. The stock might not work on an aosp rom. You might have to get the AOSP radio app.

Reactions: shsaifee

shsaifee

Jun 24, 2013
Bangalore
I'm not sure why it's not in 12.1 but CM has in the past kept an FM radio. It may be a waste of data if you don't have unlimited but maybe you can download CM12 and grab the FM radio app from it. The stock might not work on an aosp rom. You might have to get the AOSP radio app.

Thank you for your response.

I might be sounding nerd here but I need to ask...

Can I directly install the CM 12 ROM on top of 12.1?
Will it be the same general procedure? Wipe Cache/data/dalvik cache/format system/install rom?
And How would I grab the FM radio app from it?

Apologies again for being ignorant!

Cheers
Saabir

Edit: The best would be if I could get my hands on the CM 12 FM Radio app and install it!

Last edited:

shsaifee

Jun 24, 2013
Bangalore

Will it be the same general procedure? Wipe Cache/data/dalvik cache/format system/install rom?

Cheers
Saabir

Edit: The best would be if I could get my hands on the CM 12 FM Radio app and install it!

Did some google search and found this app. Uploading here if someone needs it. Installed it and it works like a charm!

Hit thanks if I helped. :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• fm.a2d.s2_2015_04_14.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,641

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Did some google search and found this app. Uploading here if someone needs it. Installed it and it works like a charm!

Cheers!

Good job!

There are many ways to grab a file from a ROM, you can always extract it from the ROM zip, or install the ROM and use an app to extract it, either file manager app or an app backup app are the 2 easiest.

Either way, glad you figured it out.

For future reference unless you wipe everything it is considered a "dirty flash" to flash a rom over another one. If you wipe everything and install, it is considered "clean flash" and the best way to go.

Reactions: shsaifee

karan_adhikari

Mar 16, 2008
Virus suspected please help me Unistall

official factory radio apk
Hello Pl help me out, I installed this Factory radio apk, it got installed but when I attempt to uninstall, it shows unsuccessful, I am scared is it a Virus, Malware etc..., My device screen is not sleeping after I got it installed.

I have Sprint 831C model Software No. is 1.54.651.8

Pl guide
Regards
Karan

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Hello Pl help me out, I installed this Factory radio apk, it got installed but when I attempt to uninstall, it shows unsuccessful, I am scared is it a Virus, Malware etc..., My device screen is not sleeping after I got it installed.

I have Sprint 831C model Software No. is 1.54.651.8

I've used it, it's not that.

It's the version that works on Lollipop.

You're back at the first KitKat OTA from Sprint.

Sure you didn't install the new one as an update and it's the original system-level radio left behind that you can't uninstall?

Reactions: karan_adhikari

rudachmed

Feb 10, 2015
I've used it, it's not that.

It's the version that works on Lollipop.

You're back at the first KitKat OTA from Sprint.

Sure you didn't install the new one as an update and it's the original system-level radio left behind that you can't uninstall?

didn't work on marshmallow tho

via Sprint HTC One M8 H/K

rudachmed

Feb 10, 2015
Nope, it doesn't.

I'm using NextRadio until we get a copy for Marshmallow.

NextRadio was ok, but I've found a good FM Radio stock apps that works on Marshmallow,
hope this help everyone else who need Radio for listening some good news and musics :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• FM-Radio.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,299
Last edited:

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Are you sure? I can install and run it fine, i can't remember the page but i search it from google. And since it doesn't need any permission i tho it is safe to install.

I'm very sure that I can't get it to install on a Sprint HTC One M8.

And without knowing where it came from, I'm not interested in pursuing it further.

rudachmed

Feb 10, 2015
I'm very sure that I can't get it to install on a Sprint HTC One M8.

And without knowing where it came from, I'm not interested in pursuing it further.

Yes, you may not install this app since we both dont know. I'm just sharing what i have found and perhaps it help someone who desperate in searching for stock radio app, for the record im not enforcing people to install it, but if you wanna take the risk, it may worth to try ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FM Radio

official factory radio apk
    Stock FM radio app seems to be missing in my Sprint HTC M8, I found this app and it works great, no root needed...

Sent from my AWESOME HTC ONE M8 ..?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1727zwdbalhpwu/FM_Radio.apk

Cheers
    Saabir

Cheers!

Regards
    Saabir

Cheers!

Good job!

There are many ways to grab a file from a ROM, you can always extract it from the ROM zip, or install the ROM and use an app to extract it, either file manager app or an app backup app are the 2 easiest.

Either way, glad you figured it out.

For future reference unless you wipe everything it is considered a "dirty flash" to flash a rom over another one. If you wipe everything and install, it is considered "clean flash" and the best way to go.