MANILA2D(QVGA) - Auto Update Manila2D weather and set it as wallpaper.

You dig this?

• Yeah, I dig it!

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • NO! This is BUNK!

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

S.V.I

attachment.php

RoryB managed to compile a Mortscript that takes care of the boredom I feel when changing my today screen wallpaper.

Basically the idea is that every time you update weather in manila, the weather icon becomes the today screen. It is also very important to use the same images from manila due to the already super high file count.

Well, he cleverly managed to make it work! (Post 29) Now I got the images together.
THIS WILL REPLACE YOUR ENTIRE MANILA SKIN

REQUIREMENTS:
* MORTSCRIPT 4.2 (attached)
* MANILA Update 23/MEGA
* MANILA GFX CAB (also attached)

OPTIONAL: I included my R TSK "R" is for R-type. install cab, run TSK, then re-run the script.
Patched Manila Mega 1919
Weather Patched Mega Manila for 6.5 only
Weather Patched Manila (Update 23) for 6.1
Manila2D WeatherCities Editor
Keep checking this thread for updates. There is a new script on post 2

Directions to edit the HTCHomeSettings.XML are also on post 2

Attachments

• 2009-08-21_11-34-18_0003_111a.jpg
    2009-08-21_11-34-18_0003_111a.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10,486
  • _0ManGfxWxWall.cab
    1.5 MB · Views: 969
  • MortScript-4.2-PPC.cab
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have made a tweak to the script to shorten the time it switches to the weather tab to the absolute minimum. If you are looking at the M2D and the script runs, it just flickers for a second and that's all you see.

------------------------------------------
Start of original post by S.V.I
------------------------------------------
manila XML. these are the edits that You have to make:

Some of the lines in the home tab Have to be edited like below

The weather panel can be copied and pasted (solves landscape issues)
This is not the final weather tab. I still have to edit some stuff.
I have a feeling that the reason that some people are having issues not seing it on their today screen, is that the digital clock overlaps the background. so it has to be analogue.

The HOME tab xml (If you edit just the lines below) should fix your analogue clock for both analogue and digital.
Then you need to edit registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home]
"ClockType"=dword:00000000

Manila XML said:
<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="OPAL" portrait="0,0,320,294" landscape="0,0,320,214">

<HomeWidget> MAKE THE FOLLOWING EDITS

<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_1STDIGIT_POS" id="3" value="39, 68" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_2NDDIGIT_POS" id="4" value="77, 68" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_SEPARATOR_POS" id="5" value="115, 68" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_3RDDIGIT_POS" id="6" value="125, 68" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_4THDIGIT_POS" id="7" value="163, 68" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_AMPM_POS" id="9" value="200, 91" />

<Property name="IDHMWG_ANALOGCLOCK_CENTER_POS" id="81" value="119,93" />
</HomeWidget>

OVERWRITE YOUR WEATHER TAB IN THE MANILA XML (HTCHomeSettings.XML) COMPLETELY
<WeatherWidget>
<Property name="IDWEWG_LASTUPDATEBTN_RECT" id="0" value="160,40,70,15, 147,40,151,15"/>
<Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHERBTN_RECT" id="1" value="4,47,232,60, 4,47,312,60" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_LOCATIONBTN_RECT" id="2" value="4,51,232,200, 4,51,312,23" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_STATUSTXT_RECT" id="3" value="15,91,210,110, 15,51,290,60" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LOCATIONTXT_RECT" id="4" value="15,121,210,22, 15,136,290,22" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LOCATIONTXT_RECT" id="4" value="15,121,210,22, 140,60,210,22" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LASTUPDATETXT_RECT" id="5" value="90,53,150,18, 147,40,151,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LASTUPDATETXT_RECT" id="5" value="156,50,82,15, 204,40,82,15" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_ADDCITYTXT_RECT" id="6" value="15,51,210,60, 15,51,290,60" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_ARROWTXT_RECT" id="7" value="0,28,10,13, 0,28,10,13" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_TEMPERATURETXT_RECT" id="8" value="8,33,80,40, 15,33,80,40" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_TEMPERATURETXT_RECT" id="8" value="8,33,80,40, 8,23,80,40" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_DOWNARROWRELEASE_IMGID" id="9" value="83" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_DOWNARROWPRESS_IMGID" id="10" value="82" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_REFRESH_IMGID" id="11" value="84" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_IMGID" id="12" value="86" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_DOWNARROW_POS" id="14" value="212,118,307,74" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_UPARROW_POS" id="15" value="212,52,300,74" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_REFRESH_POS" id="16" value="220,116,300,10" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHER_POS" id="17" value="58,15,165,25" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHER_POS" id="17" value="30,-15, 30,-15" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_POS" id="18" value="0,210,0,210" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_HIGHTEMPTEXT_TODAY_RECT" id="19" value="8,78,65,15, 8,78,65,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_HIGHTEMPTEXT_TODAY_RECT" id="19" value="8,85,60,15, 8,65,60,15" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LOWTEMPTEXT_TODAY_RECT" id="20" value="8,93,65,15, 8,93,65,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LOWTEMPTEXT_TODAY_RECT" id="20" value="8,100,60,15, 8,76,60,15" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_DAYTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="27" value="0,4,100,12, 0,5,100,25" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_DAYTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="27" value="0,4,100,12, 0,4,100,12" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_HIGHTEMPTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="28" value="0,0,26,15, 175,5,30,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_HIGHTEMPTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="28" value="0,0,26,15, 175,0,26,10" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LOWTEMPTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="29" value="0,0,26,15, 210,5,25,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LOWTEMPTEXT_WEEK_RECT" id="29" value="0,0,26,15, 210,0,26,10" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_IMGID_P" id="30" value="116" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_POS1" id="31" value="50,143, 47,145" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_POS1" id="31" value="47,143, 170,82" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_POS2" id="32" value="0,166,0,168" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE_POS2" id="32" value="0,166, 0,100" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LOCATIONINDEXTXT_RECT" id="33" value="197,100,38,23, 0,0,0,0" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LOCATIONINDEXTXT_RECT" id="33" value="205,100,34,20, 285,29,34,20" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_FORECASTCONTROL_RECT" id="34" value="0,0,0,62, 0,0,0,62" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_LASTUPDATETITLE_RECT" id="35" value="90,38,150,15, 147,40,151,15" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_LASTUPDATETITLE_RECT" id="35" value="135,38,105,15, 183,28,105,15" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE1_IMGID" id="36" value="197" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_SEPERATELINE2_IMGID" id="37" value="198" />
<!--Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHERTEXT_RECT" id="38" value="0,141,240,22, 15,136,290,22" /-->
<Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHERTEXT_RECT" id="38" value="0,141,240,22, 123,80,240,22" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_UPARROWRELEASE_IMGID" id="39" value="85" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_UPARROWPRESS_IMGID" id="40" value="84" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHERNODATA_IMGID" id="41" value="239" />
<Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHERNODATA_POS" id="42" value="75,34, 40,45" />
</WeatherWidget>

Attachments

• WxWallPaper.mscr.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

mhrc4

Oct 16, 2007
So Cal
This has been accomplished somewhat before, with Manila I believe, but the previous poster was right, its a MortScript that pulls weather information and based on the results, changes the default wallpaper image.

S.V.I

right. thats the idea. for manila, the best wallpaper change would be the title line as it is the only graphic that can be in the back of all the other elements nd can have the transparencies to keep whatever background anyone wants to choose.

I tried to make the weather tab with full screen weather, but it covers up the city name and weather description text... but looks really cool.

I am going to tr to figure this out within the manila xml.. something that I have not tried yet... however I dont have much hope for it. :/

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
Everything is possible ... sometimes :) You could use JMLToday for that...

I'm not sure, if you need Titanium to install it properly - but afterwards - only call jmlmeteo-Script (Put weathercode (e.g. "USNY0001" for New York) from MSN in Registry-Key "Ville" ) and adapt the weatherbackgroundchanger from JMLLibrary - to change Manila-Wallpaper instead of st_water...

Greetz
Micha

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
It could be a mortscript that checks the value for the icon in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Weather\0]
If it has changed since the last time it checked, it can set a variable to that icon name and reset the wallpaper registry to call a file with a similar name that is the right size.
It would then sleep for a period of time and then repeat the process.
This probably means a separate folder or group of image files that do not mess up the weather tab.

tomoffel

Jun 11, 2007
moffel.de
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
right. thats the idea. for manila, the best wallpaper change would be the title line as it is the only graphic that can be in the back of all the other elements nd can have the transparencies to keep whatever background anyone wants to choose.

I tried to make the weather tab with full screen weather, but it covers up the city name and weather description text... but looks really cool.

I am going to tr to figure this out within the manila xml.. something that I have not tried yet... however I dont have much hope for it. :/

Am I right, you mean the top-curtain?

why not creting different _manila files (don't know the name of the top curtain file) and just replace them by the mortscript? I don't know if we have to restart manila, that we can see the change of the file, but that would be the best and maybe the most easy way, right?

I like that idea.. but have no skills in creating _manila files or mortscript :/
maybe we can use the already existing mortscript for s2u2 and modify it?
The idea is the same.. we just have to find the manila file, create some grapics and replace the filepath in the script with \Windows\ so that it copies the _manila files to windows :)

S.V.I

I was kind of hoping that we can just use the manila files tat are already there. no sense in increasing the filecount. I can make te weather icons full screen and set it at 0,0

I dont have the programing knowledge to do this.

I also tried to edit the order of the files in the weather tab in the xml, but it did not work

has anyone tried to make a dll for the large weather icons? it would be nice to get rid of the 88 weather icons and just have one dll... that's just my opinion.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Can you tell me the reg key that holds the wallpaper name?
How often would you like the routine to check for a change in the weather data?

S.V.I

it is whatever the NON default walpaper is. basicaly,if ou set the toda wallpaper with pimg, you set the walpaper for manila home page. so thats good news.

now it's just a matter of setting the toay wallpaper to the wheather image from manila files. I would asume from everytime you run the weather update. Posible?

it should alo be the image from forcast0 in manila as that is the first city.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have this so far.
Code:
FilePath="\windows\"
CurWx=RegRead( "HKLM", "\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Weather\0", "Icon" )
While( (CurWx EQ "" )="FALSE")
  If( CurWx eq PreWx )
  Else
    PreWx=CurWx
    RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\Software\Microsoft\Today", "DPI", 96 )
    RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\Software\Microsoft\Today", "UseStartImage", 1 )
    RegWriteString( "HKCU", "\Software\Microsoft\Today", "Wall", FilePath & "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx & ".png" )
    RedrawToday
  EndIf
  Sleep( 10000)
EndWhile
This changes the registry values associated with the wallpaper. Problem is redrawtoday does not show the wallpaper. I have noticed when I make the settings in the today settings page it appears to run a prgram (based on waitcurser showing up). I have not been able to catch what the prgram is. This may need to be a .NET or C program.

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com
no problem i can do this...

i already hav written scripts earlier to update the...wallpaper...animate etc etc..

now u want the image to update according to the weather right?

have useen sense ui?u know the weather thingy on top.like a widgety thing...i can make that or just this what u r saying?

which do u think is better?

plus r u vga?...wvga?

ALSO:
the weather in manila updates when v go to the page..so this modification will update the wallpaper based on the updated weather..i dint think it can update the weather itself..

il take this as my next project :)

Last edited:

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Found what I needed
Code:
# In case we decide on a different file folder or if use a different weather source
 FilePath="\windows\"

# start wallpaper if not already started

# Read the current weather icon

# Start the loop
   If( CurWx eq PreWx )
    #do nothing here
  Else
    PreWx=CurWx
    # so name reads correctly in today settings
     RegWriteString( "HKCU", "\Software\Microsoft\Today", "Wall", "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx )
    Copy( FilePath & "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx & ".png", "\Windows\stwater_240_320.gif", TRUE)
    Copy( FilePath & "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx & ".png", "\Windows\stwater_320_240.gif", TRUE)
    # to get the wallpaper loaded
     SendMessage( HWND_BROADCAST, WM_WININICHANGE, 242, 0 )
    # to get the today screen refreshed
     RedrawToday
  EndIf
  # adjust sleep to how long you want to wait between refreshes, but the more often it runs, the more resouces it uses
   Sleep( 10000)
EndWhile
I believe the weather tab does not update automatically if it is not active. What I have noticed is that if I go to the tab and it has been longer than 2 or 3 hours it automatically starts to update. Otherwise I pick the leftsoft key to update now.

I do not have a switch to turn it off, but you can use taskmanager to kill this.

BTW I have 4 suns showing up based on the file size. I am trying to find a setting for tilemode versus fit or centered like PC's desktop image.

Last edited:

S.V.I

Found what I needed
Code:
# In case we decide on a different file folder or if use a different weather source
 FilePath="\windows\"

# start wallpaper if not already started

# Read the current weather icon

# Start the loop
   If( CurWx eq PreWx )
    #do nothing here
  Else
    PreWx=CurWx
    # so name reads correctly in today settings
     RegWriteString( "HKCU", "\Software\Microsoft\Today", "Wall", "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx )
    Copy( FilePath & "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx & ".png", "\Windows\stwater_240_320.gif", TRUE)
    Copy( FilePath & "HH_WEATHER_" & CurWx & ".png", "\Windows\stwater_320_240.gif", TRUE)
    # to get the wallpaper loaded
     SendMessage( HWND_BROADCAST, WM_WININICHANGE, 242, 0 )
    # to get the today screen refreshed
     RedrawToday
  EndIf
  # adjust sleep to how long you want to wait between refreshes, but the more often it runs, the more resouces it uses
   Sleep( 10000)
EndWhile
I believe the weather tab does not update automatically if it is not active. What I have noticed is that if I go to the tab and it has been longer than 2 or 3 hours it automatically starts to update. Otherwise I pick the leftsoft key to update now.

I do not have a switch to turn it off, but you can use taskmanager to kill this.

BTW I have 4 suns showing up based on the file size. I am trying to find a setting for tilemode versus fit or centered like PC's desktop image.
That would not be nesesary if the weather image itelf is 320X268 easy to do by changing the canvas size from the top left corner.
I have mine set to auto download
I would love to try it. can you cab it up? I actually dont have mort in my rom right now.
I will update the gfx later tonight (way late at night unfortunately)

no problem i can do this...

i already hav written scripts earlier to update the...wallpaper...animate etc etc..

now u want the image to update according to the weather right?

have useen sense ui?u know the weather thingy on top.like a widgety thing...i can make that or just this what u r saying?

which do u think is better?

plus r u vga?...wvga?

ALSO:
the weather in manila updates when v go to the page..so this modification will update the wallpaper based on the updated weather..i dint think it can update the weather itself..

il take this as my next project :)
Would thi be run with mort? or a eparate process?
and manila2D is Qvga.. but I do not think it makes a difference.
if the manila is set to download weather on auto this should not cause a problem.

Thanks guys! this will be the coolest thing to happen to manila EVER!!

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
You can install mortscript from his website.

Just download this file and remove .txt from the file name to get the script.

Are you sure yours is updating in the background?

Do you know if there is a registry that changes or program that runs while the weather data updates? Watching for that to change is the only way I know of and I think that will still have to have a time span set in it. I just talked myself into thinking this is the best way I have for now.

I am still going to try to find a way we do not have to resize the images.

Attachments

• WxWallPaper.mscr.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 21