I'm ecstatic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-12-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-12-15.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 1,205
Last edited:

wojo797

Jan 20, 2011
Yup just successfully rooted..because of this I was able to take my sdcard out of the pro 10.1 I had and restore all the apps from titanium to the 12.2 note pro...now all I need is a recovery so I can flash a script to get rid of this lag...but having root makes this beast of a tablet 100x better already.

bloodylipp

Apr 5, 2011
Little Rock
Holy cow. I've rooted many devices. That was too easy. That's insane.

For those wondering how hard is it.

1. Click link at top
2. Click link to towel root site
3. Click the icon to dl towel root
4. Install, run apk
5. Done

This took longer for me too type than it will for you to root

Reactions: Girl527

gubbilo144

Feb 16, 2012
Wilkes Barre
safestrap for at&t note 3

Hey guys just got my at&t note pro 12.2 yesterday, and its awesome, saw the tab s 10.5 today with the super amboled screen.I got to say wish the tab s came with lte, cause it looks great.Anyways I rooted with towelroot from geohot today with no problems.I decided to try the safestrap recovery for the at&t note 3 the new version 3.75 and it seems to be working.I just made a nanoid backup and it worked but it took a while.I didn't try to restore yet because was afraid if something went wrong I dont think theres a stock odin firmware to fall back on.The only thing the dpi is off because of our big screen but u can c most of the recovery page.I just wanted 2 let u guys know if anyone wants to play around with it.

wojo797

Jan 20, 2011
The towelroot works on the snapdragon version of Note Pro. P900 is built on Exynos and therefore it will not work.

So far the only confirmed models are P905, P905V (Verizon) and P907A (AT&T), and only if you have not accepted an OTA update in the past month.

Kind of in shock I thought my 907a was a octacore..juat found out its only a quad... cant believe I didnt notice that when inbought it

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Kind of in shock I thought my 907a was a octacore..juat found out its only a quad... cant believe I didnt notice that when inbought it

Don't feel ripped off. Snapdragon is a better processor, at least in this implementation of Note Pro. Don't be fooled by the word Octacore. Only 4 cores work at a time for Exynos.

omegafiler

Dec 22, 2010
TX
Got random reboots with the SM-907A (xxxxAND7) via towelroot method. Used the latest SU and just let it disable Knox on it's own. The more knox stuff I froze via Titanium Backup, the more frequent the reboots were. Root itself did work though; knox still 0x0, showed as "official," but the random reboots were a bit annoying. Even letting SU disable Knox and leaving everything else enabled, still would reboot to the AT&T logo every couple days.

I've already uninstalled the AT&T bloat and left everything else there. I'm just going to unroot for a bit and see how it goes. Besides, not like disabling all of that stuff really helped performance much anyways. AdBlock randomly caused webpages not to load and I don't keep anything all that important that needs to be backed up. So I'll live with near-stock + Nova for now.

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
Got random reboots with the SM-907A (xxxxAND7) via towelroot method. Used the latest SU and just let it disable Knox on it's own. The more knox stuff I froze via Titanium Backup, the more frequent the reboots were. Root itself did work though; knox still 0x0, showed as "official," but the random reboots were a bit annoying. Even letting SU disable Knox and leaving everything else enabled, still would reboot to the AT&T logo every couple days.

I've already uninstalled the AT&T bloat and left everything else there. I'm just going to unroot for a bit and see how it goes. Besides, not like disabling all of that stuff really helped performance much anyways. AdBlock randomly caused webpages not to load and I don't keep anything all that important that needs to be backed up. So I'll live with near-stock + Nova for now.

Did unrooting get rid of the reboots? I have these also, except more frequently than you describe. If so I will do as you did, debloat, get the software on that I want and unroot.

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
Yep, worked great after debloat and unroot. No reboots.

Thanks for the update. I actually used ODIN to go back to stock. After doing that I rooted and before installing SuperSU, I used the debloat script to disable Knox and the security updater. This has left my Note Pro rock solid and rooted with no Knox. It seems that using SuperSU to disable Knox is causing the random soft reboots.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Didn't work in my p905m. Message: this phone isn't supported

With my P907A, it wouldn't root on our newest update. It gave me the same error. I had to ODIN back to stock and root then disable the updater using a script here on the forums.

Top Liked Posts