[GUIDE] Downgrade to HTC Froyo WWE for Revolutionary (HBOOT 1.01.0001)

Search This thread

ha7rettin

Jul 10, 2009
hi, my wildfire stuck on htc screen after unzipping and flushing at 100%. in cmd the last line is; jwp,sp1,0

what should i do? can i abort the process?

EDIT: ok solved. unplugged and plugged. and its ok :)

Last edited:

billip

Feb 6, 2009
Devonport
I'm also using a Telstra branded wildfire and having problems. Alpharev x doesn't work, so I thought i'd try to downgrade my hboot before I try again. Any help would be appreciated.

erdemdengel

Oct 15, 2008
Ankara
Hi.

Lots of people seem to be having issues when trying to downgrade their Wildfire from a carrier-branded version (HBOOT 1.01.0002) to unbranded WWE (HBOOT 1.01.0001).

I made a small package to help you do this.

http://www.multiupload.com/HRN3YFTX2T

Extract this package somewhere you can find it, like C:\buzzdowngrade

• Step 1: run step1.bat from the package. This will downgrade your MISC partition to allow for the RUU downgrade.

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up

Step 1.1 : Click Get CID and wait..Copy your CID.
    Step 1.2 : Click "Open Revskills.de"
    Step 1.3 : Fill the form enter your CID and Click Generate Goldcard.
    Step 1.4 : You will get your Goldcard via an email. Save the goldgard somewhere, like C:\buzzdowngrade
    Step 1.5 : Put your phone as a disc drive mode from usb
    Step 1.6 : IN golcard tool, at the MMC Tool section, you must see your SD Card.
    Step 1.7: Click Load Goldcard.img then find the goldcard image you have just received.
    Step 1.8 : Click Patch MMC.
    , to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

After you've made the goldcard, and inserted it, continue with step 2.

• Step 2: run step2.bat from the package. This will downgrade your ROM version to HTC WWE Froyo for Wildfire (unbranded).

If you get a Customer ID error while doing this, your goldcard is not working!
    Create a new goldcard and re-run step2.

emadsala2003

Jun 1, 2009
problem in step one

it gives error because the commands in the bat file are unknown for my os it gives
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file so what i can do to fix this problem
note: my os is windows 7 32 bit version

mattyyey

not sure if this applies to you guys, but i found that the goldcard app needed admin rights to work, but if you ran step1 or 2 as admin it cannot seem to find the files. Oddly it doesn't happen if the cmd prompt is elevated and you type the commands - although it could have been using adb from my sdk as its in the environment variables.... :rolleyes:

anyways try running the .BATs without admin rights....

Last edited:
Reactions: GlennBrownie

LuPoX

Sep 22, 2010
I do all @ieftm say, but when the wild restart, it continue on 0002, and step2.bat close alone :(

Adria1234

Apr 11, 2011
i have the problem, that my step2.bat close himself after Point INFOsignature checking. There come a few senteces with code but i can't read them. And my HBOOT version is still 1.01.002

Can someone help me plz?

Reactions: xAghilx

Adria1234

Apr 11, 2011
I've created a gold card. But it is broken or anything, because it come the error with the customer id. I let me helped by the irc from Alpharev but there is not a answer too :(

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Customer ID error definitely means the Goldcard is not created properly. Try again, and if it still doesn't work, try with a different card. Some cards can be finicky when you create goldcards.

Adria1234

Apr 11, 2011
I know. Now i try my last SD Card. Now from another manufactor. If this dosn't go, i have a great problem ^^

I will edit this post for more information after this test

EDIT:
so, now i have HBOOT 1.01.001 and i make now S-OFF. My error was, that i have my USB connection let on storgae mode. but you must, after creating goldcard change to charge only

EDIT2:
now i have S-OFF my phone

Last edited:
Reactions: manau_manau

adnanasim80

Dec 27, 2010
London
At step 2 phone goes in HBOOT mode and at computer it says waiting for device. Phone is attached as charge only...

What I am going wrong? I have made gold card..

Any help plzzz

HTC Wildfire
HBOOT 1.01.0002
UK Vodafone Branded and unlocked

Edit: I format the SD card in my phone and then all steps went well. Now I am S-OFF and running custom rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: manau_manau
B

bx19

Why is this thread so quite? Though this would be the holy grail, a friend of mine has a wildfire with 2.2 locked to vodafone uk so needs rooting and debranding. Would this do it? From reading seems so to me..

Sent via smoke signals

Yes this process will debrand your phone and downgrade the hboot to 1.01.0001.

Then if your friend is interested in rooting and custom roms, then you need to use alpharevx method of S-OFF. Then installing custom recovery which can root and install custom roms.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Lots of people seem to be having issues when trying to downgrade their Wildfire from a carrier-branded version (HBOOT 1.01.0002) to unbranded WWE (HBOOT 1.01.0001).

http://www.mediafire.com/?adny69lbvzbs1yg

• Step 1: run step1.bat from the package. This will downgrade your MISC partition to allow for the RUU downgrade.

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up, to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

• Step 2: run step2.bat from the package. This will downgrade your ROM version to HTC WWE Froyo for Wildfire (unbranded).

Hi.

http://www.multiupload.com/HRN3YFTX2T

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up

Step 1.1 : Click Get CID and wait..Copy your CID.
      Step 1.2 : Click "Open Revskills.de"
      Step 1.3 : Fill the form enter your CID and Click Generate Goldcard.
      Step 1.4 : You will get your Goldcard via an email. Save the goldgard somewhere, like C:\buzzdowngrade
      Step 1.5 : Put your phone as a disc drive mode from usb
      Step 1.6 : IN golcard tool, at the MMC Tool section, you must see your SD Card.
      Step 1.7: Click Load Goldcard.img then find the goldcard image you have just received.
      Step 1.8 : Click Patch MMC.
      , to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

Go there to downgroad http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2404232 and for the rest, to root, go to the HTC dev website or alpharex.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
    it gives error because the commands in the bat file are unknown for my os it gives
    'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file so what i can do to fix this problem
    note: my os is windows 7 32 bit version

install adb?...
    Well I must be missing something as I cannot get root!

I thought S-off was essentially completley different to root!

What do I need to do to get to HBoot .01.0001 from .002 ??

It never used to be so much hasstle with the older HTC's

Think I may go back to my HD2. Big n Bulky but reliable and easy to flash..

Now as you said that yr device is S-OFF. follow the steps in given link and then u will be rooted, after that u can flash any custom rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130044