[Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT

Search This thread

xenux55

Jan 18, 2012
Hello, I'm new android user, so i need your help.
Can anybody tell me if exist software to ROOT my new Samsung Galaxy xCover s5690 and I would like to know if I can install Cyanogenmod on it. Thanks in advance!!!

uhugyorgy

Feb 14, 2010
Root gt-s5690

Can anybody to help me with root (i want to install link2sd for more space for aplications)

Thank you:)

Reactions: ed1976ed

xenux55

Jan 18, 2012
Hi krompirjevec !

because I have find wonderful themes for it...and they will be more "system" that something else ... I have try to use launcher pro and the staff like that, but device became more slow

xenux55

Jan 18, 2012
I have found this with google

since the xcover root guide is still very empty I wanted to let the people know, that it works with zergRush. I used DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip from

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=784296&stc=1&d=1321435 888

Notes:

- The zip contains a windows runme.bat; since I am linux-only I executed the commands therein step-by-step from the cmd line, which was a good thing since:
- the upload of SuperUser.apk to /system/app fails, because: No space left on device.... which is actually true. Pushing this apk to /data/app worked and does hopefully not reduce its functionality

But I couldn't understand how hi has put superuser.apk in /data/app instant of /system/app ....

Please if somebody understand what he has done can put VIDEO GIUDE OF ROOTING PROCESS

pakpaker

Feb 6, 2012
Tried Super One Click? Always install your phone drivers before using Super One Click :)

Last edited:

uhugyorgy

Feb 14, 2010
Root

Somebody rooted ???:(

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

:mad:Somebody rooted this phone ?

uhugyorgy

Feb 14, 2010
I tried zergrush 1,2,3,4 ; superoaneclick and z4root
Dosen;t work !!!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I tried zergrush metod on linux ,xp windows 7 and mac the problem is cant change to read and write.
Afther scooting is klogct1 :Operation not permited

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
Tried so far (without success):
zergRush -> failure (operation not permitted)
DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su -> failure
SuperOneClick v2.3.3 -> failure
adb reboot recovery (stock recovery), install update from sdcard, Universal_GB_ROOT.zip -> failure

My S5690 is running Android 2.3.6
baseband: S5690XXKL3
kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #25
version number: GINGERBREAD.XXKL3
CSC: S5690OXFKL2
simlocked on: orange romania

Please help!
My intention is to actually remove the SIM lock, but I need access to nv_data.bin in order to search for the unlock code.

Regards.

Last edited:

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
I've finally managed to root the son of a *****! I used the Universal GB Root kit but with a small modification: I've added the GT-S5690 phone model to the getprop statements at the beginning of the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" assuming that it should work as well on this Samsung model. Well... it did work!

Here is the patched version of Universal GB Root:
Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip
Mirror:
http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip/

Here is the code (in red) that I've added to the "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script":
Code:
       getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510"[COLOR="Red"] ||
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5690" ||
       getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5690"[/COLOR]
       );

Please post some feedback here, whether you succeed or not to root the phone using this workaround. I will let StoneBoyTony know about this, so he can integrate it in the official release of the Universal GB Root tool, if the solution proves to be stable and usable (so far I am the first to confirm that it works).

Regards,
Cristian

Last edited:

xenux55

Jan 18, 2012
My phone running Android 2.3.6
baseband: S5690XXLA1
kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #37
version number: GINGERBREAD.XXLA1

Reactions: MadMoxxi

xenux55

Jan 18, 2012
Update

Update my phone now​

Now it running

baseband: S5690XXLA2
kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #45
version number: GINGERBREAD.XXLA6

The same, rotting doesn't work.....

uhugyorgy

Feb 14, 2010
Multumesc frumos !!!!!!!!!
You save as.
Dont forget before you copy the file rename to update.zip.

Many ,many thenks to tlc76.God job !!!!!

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
Update my phone now​

Now it running

baseband: S5690XXLA2
kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #45
version number: GINGERBREAD.XXLA6

The same, rotting doesn't work.....

It seems that you have a newer fw version (LA6 = 2012 january build #6). I have KL3 (that is 2011 december build #3). But it should make no difference. Only the recovery program can possibly affect the install process. My Xcover came with the "Android system recovery 3e" version installed (check the top line of text while in recovery).

Please post the error messages that you encounter while installing the update.

Multumesc frumos !!!!!!!!!
You save as.
Dont forget before you copy the file rename to update.zip.

Many ,many thenks to tlc76.God job !!!!!

Multumesc/thanks!

No need to rename the Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip to update.zip (at least in my case).

TO ALL:
- in order to access the standard recovery program that came with the phone, you can fire up an "adb reboot recovery" command with the phone connected via micro-usb cable AND the "USB debugging" option enabled;
- I've also applied the UNROOT update and it also worked: the root access was removed (sqlite3, su*, sh, busybox and the Superuser.apk were removed) .

Last edited:
Reactions: djshotty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've finally managed to root the son of a *****! I used the Universal GB Root kit but with a small modification: I've added the GT-S5690 phone model to the getprop statements at the beginning of the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" assuming that it should work as well on this Samsung model. Well... it did work!

Here is the patched version of Universal GB Root:
    Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip
    Mirror:
    http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip/

Here is the code (in red) that I've added to the "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script":
    Code:
           getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510"[COLOR="Red"] ||
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5690" ||
           getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5690"[/COLOR]
           );

Please post some feedback here, whether you succeed or not to root the phone using this workaround. I will let StoneBoyTony know about this, so he can integrate it in the official release of the Universal GB Root tool, if the solution proves to be stable and usable (so far I am the first to confirm that it works).

Regards,
    Cristian
    Hello , to get into recovery mode i tried this :

- press volume up, home button and power, then release power button and keep the rest until recovery mode appears.
    Tried so far (without success):
    zergRush -> failure (operation not permitted)
    DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su -> failure
    SuperOneClick v2.3.3 -> failure
    adb reboot recovery (stock recovery), install update from sdcard, Universal_GB_ROOT.zip -> failure

My S5690 is running Android 2.3.6
    baseband: S5690XXKL3
    kernel: 2.6.35.7 official.alkon@androide #25
    version number: GINGERBREAD.XXKL3
    CSC: S5690OXFKL2
    simlocked on: orange romania

Please help!
    My intention is to actually remove the SIM lock, but I need access to nv_data.bin in order to search for the unlock code.

Regards.
    Patched it to make it work on Latin American version (S5690L)

This will also work on S5690.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15110285/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690L.zip
    Mirror: http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip/

xenux55: most likely you have an incomplete file. Please test it on your PC using WinZip/7Zip or any other archive manager BEFORE you try to install it via the phone's recovery interface.

uhugyorgy: are you sure that bml15 is the file in charge with the sim lock on Galaxy Xcover S5690 phone model?