[ROM] [4.4.4] [PAC-rom for ME301T] [UNOFFICAL] [11072014]

PAC-rom for ME301T (Memo Pad Smart 10)
About PAC-rom
PAC-MAN ROM OFFERS A UNIQUE CUSTOM ROM EXPERIENCE WITH ELEMENTS OF
Cyanogenmod
A fully integrated part of PAC-man,
this aspect brings all the functionality of CM
AOKP
Bringing in the greatness of the All Powerful Unicorn.
PAC-man grabs rom control, ribbons, and many other aspects of AOKP
ParanoidAndroid
one of the most original aspects brought into this roms is
hybrid mode which gives you full control of your rom experience

About these builds:
I am using device tree and kernel from Omnirom repositories, which are created by @Scanno. Without his work I couldn't have ported PAC for our dear me301t. I have done some slight modifications to the device tree to make PAC compile, but the kernel is directly from Omnirom. I used to build these primary for myself, but I figured out maybe someone else wants to use PAC-rom too. Update frequency will be pretty random, as I build these when there are big changes, or when I feel like it. I am also posting this here because the compatibility pack by Hardslog (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562620) does not support PAC-rom. Almost all other roms with it, so I suggest you to check it out. @Scanno, if you are not OK with me using your work, can you please contact me so I can take this down? I couldn't find the license for your your work, so I assumed it was okay.

Requirements:
-Unlocked bootloader
-TWRP (Check Omnirom for me301t to get a link)
-Bootloader from official 4.2

How to flash:
1. Download PAC-rom and GAPPS
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Do a factory reset (Wipe data/caches)
4. Flash PAC-rom and then GAPPS
5. Reboot to PAC-rom

Bugs:
I haven't encountered any bugs yet

Downloads:

Sources:
As I said, I used device trees from Omnirom which I modified to work with PAC-rom.
My modified device tree: https://github.com/jesse131/android_device_asus_me301t
Original device tree by Scanno: https://github.com/omnirom/android_device_asus_me301t

Kernel is also from Omnirom: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_asus_me301t

I also have the vendor files and a forked copy of the kernel on my github if you want to try building this yourself.

XDA:DevDB Information
PAC-rom for ME301T, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
julle131
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Requires bootloader from official 4.2
Based On: PAC-rom

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Beta 1

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2014-07-11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-04.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-26.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-20-46.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-21-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-21-04.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,094

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Nice work.

One suggestion I have is to put your downloads in the download section of the DevDB. That way you don't have to eat up your Google Drive space. Let XDA deal with the bandwidth and storage :D:D

Reactions: julle131

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
New build uploaded. It can be downloaded from download section of devdb project. It is based on android 4.4.4, and has a lot of new functions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: shawnbrennan55

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
New build uploaded. It can be downloaded from download section of devdb project. It is based on android 4.4.4, and has a lot of new functions.

Just tried this ROM. Everything seemed to be working just fine on the first boot after flashing. Upon reboot I got a boot loop. I was using the stock kernel with PA GApps. Any ideas?

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Just tried this ROM. Everything seemed to be working just fine on the first boot after flashing. Upon reboot I got a boot loop. I was using the stock kernel with PA GApps. Any ideas?

Hmm? I haven't had a single bootloop myself, and I have been using this ROM for months. If you want, you can send me a logcat.

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
Hmm? I haven't had a single bootloop myself, and I have been using this ROM for months. If you want, you can send me a logcat.

I can't get my ME301T to properly connect to Windows to capture an ADB Logcat right now. Pretty sure it's a driver problem since I can get logs from my TF300T and my Samsung Exhilarate with no issue. I'll post as soon as I can get everything working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [4.4.4] [PAC-rom for ME301T] [UNOFFICAL] [11072014]

PAC-rom for ME301T (Memo Pad Smart 10)
    About PAC-rom
    PAC-MAN ROM OFFERS A UNIQUE CUSTOM ROM EXPERIENCE WITH ELEMENTS OF
    Cyanogenmod
    A fully integrated part of PAC-man,
    this aspect brings all the functionality of CM
    AOKP
    Bringing in the greatness of the All Powerful Unicorn.
    PAC-man grabs rom control, ribbons, and many other aspects of AOKP
    ParanoidAndroid
    one of the most original aspects brought into this roms is
    hybrid mode which gives you full control of your rom experience

About these builds:
    I am using device tree and kernel from Omnirom repositories, which are created by @Scanno. Without his work I couldn't have ported PAC for our dear me301t. I have done some slight modifications to the device tree to make PAC compile, but the kernel is directly from Omnirom. I used to build these primary for myself, but I figured out maybe someone else wants to use PAC-rom too. Update frequency will be pretty random, as I build these when there are big changes, or when I feel like it. I am also posting this here because the compatibility pack by Hardslog (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562620) does not support PAC-rom. Almost all other roms with it, so I suggest you to check it out. @Scanno, if you are not OK with me using your work, can you please contact me so I can take this down? I couldn't find the license for your your work, so I assumed it was okay.

Requirements:
    -Unlocked bootloader
    -TWRP (Check Omnirom for me301t to get a link)
    -Bootloader from official 4.2

How to flash:
    1. Download PAC-rom and GAPPS
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Do a factory reset (Wipe data/caches)
    4. Flash PAC-rom and then GAPPS
    5. Reboot to PAC-rom

Bugs:
    I haven't encountered any bugs yet

Downloads:

Sources:
    As I said, I used device trees from Omnirom which I modified to work with PAC-rom.
    My modified device tree: https://github.com/jesse131/android_device_asus_me301t
    Original device tree by Scanno: https://github.com/omnirom/android_device_asus_me301t

Kernel is also from Omnirom: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_asus_me301t

I also have the vendor files and a forked copy of the kernel on my github if you want to try building this yourself.

XDA:DevDB Information
    PAC-rom for ME301T, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    julle131
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Requires bootloader from official 4.2
    Based On: PAC-rom

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta 1

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-07-11
    Nice work.

One suggestion I have is to put your downloads in the download section of the DevDB. That way you don't have to eat up your Google Drive space. Let XDA deal with the bandwidth and storage :D:D