[ROM][Android N][Ported From Z3][Developer Preview 2]Android N ROM For Xperia Z2.

Are You Excited For This ROM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Brandon Nel

Jul 30, 2015
Auckland
Hey guys! Guess what? I'm currently busy on porting the Android N Developer Preview 2 ROM from the Xperia Z3 to Z2! Hope this turns out stable! :D

Here is the Download link to the ROM below:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hp8fnbbxkbb4f/Android N Xperia Z2

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

For anyone or everyone saying that I'm, or that this OP is a troll, please stop. This is a WIP, and the ROM did indeed work (when I still had my PC.) I did follow a ROM port guide the first time when it was successful, but now I don't know which one it is. I have contacted some ROM porters for help so I guess that I should wait for an answer to let them help me port it. And for this ROM, it's NOT for stable use yet. This is just for people wanting to test and see if it works at all. If you have your PC at the moment then please and try to fix it yourself. (I'll add you to credits.) Anyway, sorry about the inconvenience, but please don't call me a troll becuase I'm not! �� Cheers.

BUT BEFORE DOWNLOAD, READ THE STEPS BELOW. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE BRICKS ETC. THIS ROM IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER PHONES ONLY HAVING MODEL NUMBER OF D6503.

Better safe then sorry. Create a ROM backup of your device in TWRP before installing the ROM in Recovery! Download ZipMe from the Play Store to backup some of your important data!

1: Download all of the files that you want to flash from the link given above and place them in the Root of your sdcard.
3: Download the updater-script FOR ROM FIX file and rename the file to updater-script.
4: Extract the ROM and replace the updater-script from the one you downloaded earlier with the one in the ROM (META-INF/google/com/android folder I think.). REZIP the ROM.
5: Reboot into recovery. Click on Wipe then "Adcanced Wipe." Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cach, System, Data, and Internal Storage.
6: Go back after finished. Flash the Android N ROM, then the Optional files. (Root, Media Apps, & And Smoother Boot Animation, backed up data etc.)
7: Flash the custom Kernel. (Link: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/kernel-advanced-stock-kernel-t3347413)
8: Reboot and Enjoy!!! :)

If anything isn't working or your stuck in a bootloop, try and flash the bootloop fix file from here: https://mega.nz/#!AJcwERiQ!FUmk6eS5aoVsFSZ1f4WZIELIt7sckPCj11n0AIdCNzU

If your still stuck in a bootloop, then the ROM may not be compatible with your device. Use Flashtool to flash back to Lollipop/Marshmallow and wait for a ROM that's compatible with your Phone.
1212vt5.jpg

THANKS!!! :D

BTW this ROM is different from the one i installed. i have managed and tried to fix some issues like the camera, but if anything isn't working then just please report it. Thanks.!

Below Are Some Problems That You May Encounter.

-The Multi-Window is EXTREMELY laggy.
-Some apps don't work such as the Beta Program App Settings. (But then again, it's expected from a port. XD)
-Recovery (TWRP) may no longer work. You can try and install a Kernel and Recovery your self, but be sure to make a Backup before risking your phone into a Bootloop.
-My Bootloader is unlocked, so I HIGHLY recommend only flashing this ROM if you have a Unlocked Bootloader. If not, wait for a Locked Bootloader version!
-No more Sony Media Apps (Walkman Music, Album, Video etc.) after flashing ROM, so flash the Sony Media Apps zip after ROM to restore the Media Apps. :)
-The Boot Animation is EXTREMLY slow and laggy, (5-8fps) so please flash the Smoother Boot Animation zip after ROM flashed to ensure a smoother, 30fps Boot Animation. :)

I haven't encountered any other problems as of now, but I will update the list if I find a bug! :) And once I receive a problem or bug, I will try to patch it and upload it as a Flashable zip file to fix the bug. A Screenshot of Home Screen from Z2 Android N ROM is attached below...

Once the link is given and doesn't work on your device, just tell me the problem that it's going through, give me your device details, (LB or UB device, Model number, IMEI etc.) and I'll double check the ROM and will try to make supported for your device! :)

As you can see in the screenshot attachment down below, i have changed some of my icons (like the app icons and status bar icons) back to stock Xperia. I wasn't a BIG fan of all of the AOSP icons. :)

Upcoming ROM Information.

Contributers
Brandon Nel
Thiagomesa
pollonamid
hiredantispammer
ROM OS Version: N
ROM Kernel: Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Kernel
ROM Firmware Required: At least 23.5.A.0.486
Based On: Android N DP2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: N/A
Current Beta Version: 2016/04/27
Stable ROM Release Date: May 3 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160422-150839.jpg
    Screenshot_20160422-150839.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 7,194
Last edited:

Brandon Nel

Jul 30, 2015
Auckland

Guess what? i'm already busy zipping all the files together ready for upload. The upload link will be available around 3 May 2016 since i can't upload now due to TERRIBLE Upload speed. next week will have access to much faster upload speeds and I will upload the download link then. Thanks for comment! :)

hiredantispammer

Jul 27, 2015
Hong Kong
Guess what? i'm already busy zipping all the files together ready for upload. The upload link will be available around 3 May 2016 since i can't upload now due to TERRIBLE Upload speed. next week will have access to much faster upload speeds and I will upload the download link then. Thanks for comment! :)
Bro, once you got the zip ready and uploaded, I can help uploading it to other sites like mega or drive as well. Just hit me up or allow me. My internet is fast AF. The work you're doing here is outstanding.

Last edited:

Brandon Nel

Jul 30, 2015
Auckland
Bro, once you got the zip ready and uploaded, I can help uploading it to other sites like megaupload or drive as well. Just hit me up or allow me. My internet is fast AF. The work you're doing here is outstanding.

thanks but I have no clue on how to share a file to upload without uploading it to begin with. I will be happy to share it but i don't know how it works. Please help! :0

Brandon Nel

Jul 30, 2015
Auckland
Hmm well thnkx for ur work
Btw hw is the rom and bugs?

The ROM is working pretty good so far. It isn't 100% fast and stable but it works pretty well. For the bugs, the camera is most of the time unresponsive (Probably because I forgot to change the camera settings and stuff before installing it.) The camera also sometimes force closes. As for the Multi-Window, it's almost totally unusable but I think this is because of the CPU and not the ROM. And some apps also don't work at all, such as the Beta Program App Settings, The Notification bar glitching too small etc. Hopefully i will fix these bugs before final upload! :D Fingers crossed. X0

Reactions: vikash1994b

zierra05

Apr 18, 2016
Wow i don't receive the marshmallow update via OTA and you are working in android N.
that's very nice Thanks for all your dedication to have update the Xperia Z2. :good:

Reactions: Brandon Nel

hiredantispammer

Jul 27, 2015
Hong Kong
Wow i don't receive the marshmallow update via OTA and you are working in android N.
that's very nice Thanks for all your dedication to have update the Xperia Z2. :good:
Download the FTF via Xperifirm. MM's version number ends in .570.

Then flash using Flashtool. You can choose to wipe or not to wipe data if you're coming from stock lollipop. Just uncheck 'wipe data'. If you follow the steps properly, you should have a smooth upgrade to MM!

Reactions: zierra05

pollonamid

Jul 9, 2014
Dresden
Hi. First thank you for doing this.
You could provide us some information what you did with the N Z3 build to make it work on Z2 so we can reproduce it. I guess you used the Z3 system image and replaced the kernel with a Z2 one. What else was needed to make it work?
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Brandon Nel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! Guess what? I'm currently busy on porting the Android N Developer Preview 2 ROM from the Xperia Z3 to Z2! Hope this turns out stable! :D

Here is the Download link to the ROM below:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hp8fnbbxkbb4f/Android N Xperia Z2

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

For anyone or everyone saying that I'm, or that this OP is a troll, please stop. This is a WIP, and the ROM did indeed work (when I still had my PC.) I did follow a ROM port guide the first time when it was successful, but now I don't know which one it is. I have contacted some ROM porters for help so I guess that I should wait for an answer to let them help me port it. And for this ROM, it's NOT for stable use yet. This is just for people wanting to test and see if it works at all. If you have your PC at the moment then please and try to fix it yourself. (I'll add you to credits.) Anyway, sorry about the inconvenience, but please don't call me a troll becuase I'm not! �� Cheers.

BUT BEFORE DOWNLOAD, READ THE STEPS BELOW. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE BRICKS ETC. THIS ROM IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER PHONES ONLY HAVING MODEL NUMBER OF D6503.

Better safe then sorry. Create a ROM backup of your device in TWRP before installing the ROM in Recovery! Download ZipMe from the Play Store to backup some of your important data!

1: Download all of the files that you want to flash from the link given above and place them in the Root of your sdcard.
    3: Download the updater-script FOR ROM FIX file and rename the file to updater-script.
    4: Extract the ROM and replace the updater-script from the one you downloaded earlier with the one in the ROM (META-INF/google/com/android folder I think.). REZIP the ROM.
    5: Reboot into recovery. Click on Wipe then "Adcanced Wipe." Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cach, System, Data, and Internal Storage.
    6: Go back after finished. Flash the Android N ROM, then the Optional files. (Root, Media Apps, & And Smoother Boot Animation, backed up data etc.)
    7: Flash the custom Kernel. (Link: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/kernel-advanced-stock-kernel-t3347413)
    8: Reboot and Enjoy!!! :)

If anything isn't working or your stuck in a bootloop, try and flash the bootloop fix file from here: https://mega.nz/#!AJcwERiQ!FUmk6eS5aoVsFSZ1f4WZIELIt7sckPCj11n0AIdCNzU

If your still stuck in a bootloop, then the ROM may not be compatible with your device. Use Flashtool to flash back to Lollipop/Marshmallow and wait for a ROM that's compatible with your Phone.
    1212vt5.jpg

THANKS!!! :D

BTW this ROM is different from the one i installed. i have managed and tried to fix some issues like the camera, but if anything isn't working then just please report it. Thanks.!

Below Are Some Problems That You May Encounter.

-The Multi-Window is EXTREMELY laggy.
    -Some apps don't work such as the Beta Program App Settings. (But then again, it's expected from a port. XD)
    -Recovery (TWRP) may no longer work. You can try and install a Kernel and Recovery your self, but be sure to make a Backup before risking your phone into a Bootloop.
    -My Bootloader is unlocked, so I HIGHLY recommend only flashing this ROM if you have a Unlocked Bootloader. If not, wait for a Locked Bootloader version!
    -No more Sony Media Apps (Walkman Music, Album, Video etc.) after flashing ROM, so flash the Sony Media Apps zip after ROM to restore the Media Apps. :)
    -The Boot Animation is EXTREMLY slow and laggy, (5-8fps) so please flash the Smoother Boot Animation zip after ROM flashed to ensure a smoother, 30fps Boot Animation. :)

I haven't encountered any other problems as of now, but I will update the list if I find a bug! :) And once I receive a problem or bug, I will try to patch it and upload it as a Flashable zip file to fix the bug. A Screenshot of Home Screen from Z2 Android N ROM is attached below...

Once the link is given and doesn't work on your device, just tell me the problem that it's going through, give me your device details, (LB or UB device, Model number, IMEI etc.) and I'll double check the ROM and will try to make supported for your device! :)

As you can see in the screenshot attachment down below, i have changed some of my icons (like the app icons and status bar icons) back to stock Xperia. I wasn't a BIG fan of all of the AOSP icons. :)

Upcoming ROM Information.

Contributers
    Brandon Nel
    Thiagomesa
    pollonamid
    hiredantispammer
    ROM OS Version: N
    ROM Kernel: Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Kernel
    ROM Firmware Required: At least 23.5.A.0.486
    Based On: Android N DP2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: N/A
    Current Beta Version: 2016/04/27
    Stable ROM Release Date: May 3 2016
    We don't allow placeholder threads on XDA. Until the download link is ready to be posted this thread will remain closed. Once the download link is available please report this thread/post and request for the thread to be re-opened. Thanks

Thread temporarily closed
    OK, enough of the accusations and OT...

XDA is a place of development where developers, or hobbyist/enthusiasts post their work for the community for free. The title says "Developer Preview 2" this is basically the same as WIP so posting logs and explaining your issues in detail is golden in helping the development of this project. Once problems are solved you all get to enjoy the benefits, so stay respectful and keep your posts constructive.

Thread cleaned
    Thread re-opened, OP has said he has a download link ready
    Link ROM removed... please upload to mega....
    I provided OP with Mega and Drive links, but he didn't reply. I'll post them anyway, if OP wants them removed I will comply. Until then, enjoy. (I'm just providing the link for the file OP originally uploaded, I haven't tested it, so be careful.)

Drive: https://goo.gl/n7Iyut
    Mega: https://goo.gl/My0nuw

BTW, I didn't make any modification to OP's ROM. Please follow the instructions in OP. I will not flash this until it's confirmed that it is rootable as I would need to restore my backup, so I honestly don't know how good this port is. But it's a good first step, thanks OP!