[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

Search This thread

sandyworld25

Oct 8, 2014
I have no idea as to how to extract .CPB files.Sorry mate.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you help me i have dual sim in my mobile but i am unable to see and create contact on sim 1 where sim 2 is working properly, i have attached a screen shot the option of one sim card is disapper there. Any solution please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-12-18-14-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-12-18-14-07.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 58

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
ohhk bro i wll soon upload it in drive in next few days
currently nt at home so no wifi

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Cyclone using XDA Free mobile app

still trying... having problems while signing the rom zip file.
anyway... working on a kitkat rom for this phone...
felt that a carbon rom would be easier as i had seen my friend do so once, so i am working on that one now...
as of now, none are finished yet.
i'll let you know when i finish one.
for now, the rom name is carbonforkarbonn and i am using a moto g ( falcon ) rom as the port rom...
i also have that set_metadata problem yet with all kitkat roms.
solved that set_metadata problem. apparently, set_perm was deprecated in favour of set_metadata as it explained what each digit stood for. i simply had to remove everything except the digits and place them before the file name, and it was fixed. another error rose up, a cwm status 6 error as the updater-script used windows style end-of-lines(eol) in between linux style eols. fixing that now... the nightly build upload will take a few more days. but, patience always pays off, right ?

Reactions: cybercrawler

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
solved that set_metadata problem. apparently, set_perm was deprecated in favour of set_metadata as it explained what each digit stood for. i simply had to remove everything except the digits and place them before the file name, and it was fixed. another error rose up, a cwm status 6 error as the updater-script used windows style end-of-lines(eol) in between linux style eols. fixing that now... the nightly build upload will take a few more days. but, patience always pays off, right ?

Although I don't have any idea about what you are talking about but seams like something good is expected for our device. :p

Although I don't have any idea about what you are talking about but seams like something good is expected for our device. :p

yep. carbon rom is one of the best roms out there, and porting a kitkat carbon rom for this device... it definitely gets better. what about adding aroma installer to this rom, huh ? ( if you don't know what aroma is, google it. aroma is like a touch based setup file that runs in recovery and can be used to flash any certain portion of a rom with a proper gui ). the more thanks i get for this post, the more i will take into consideration the matter of including that in the carbon rom. so, keep voting.
oh, and by the way, all that **** which i was talking about before was the code written in c or c++ in the updater-script located in meta-inf/com/google/android/ folder of any rom.
anyway,
patience does pay off. the carbon rom has a few minor status 6 errors which occur while flashing, and i will be looking at the working stable rom upload in umm... maybe late november or early december. the nightly build will get uploaded in... maybe early november. so, i guess, for now, it is wait and watch. ( or maybe just wait. )

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

yep. carbon rom is one of the best roms out there, and porting a kitkat carbon rom for this device... it definitely gets better. what about adding aroma installer to this rom, huh ? ( if you don't know what aroma is, google it. aroma is like a touch based setup file that runs in recovery and can be used to flash any certain portion of a rom with a proper gui ). the more thanks i get for this post, the more i will take into consideration the matter of including that in the carbon rom. so, keep voting.
oh, and by the way, all that **** which i was talking about before was the code written in c or c++ in the updater-script located in meta-inf/com/google/android/ folder of any rom.
anyway,
patience does pay off. the carbon rom has a few minor status 6 errors which occur while flashing, and i will be looking at the working stable rom upload in umm... maybe late november or early december. the nightly build will get uploaded in... maybe early november. so, i guess, for now, it is wait and watch. ( or maybe just wait. )
oh, and one more thing. if i upload the nightly build, will anyone be willing to test it for me ? i have a doubt about dual sim compatibility and lags ( and maybe the camera too ), but will try my best to ensure no such errors occur. i ain't offering a one-day warranty or something, but i guess i will, as said before, will use the best of my knowledge to fix such errors.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

and also one more thing. after this, i shall be working on a flashable stock rom zip file, so other projects will have to wait.
meanwhile,
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B8N7MRg8VIZRN1VJckM3Y3hwUFE
check this link for another updated recovery file ( bigger font, updated version, less button presses, thanks to ajinkya mishra of http://karbonnroms.blogspot.in/ )

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
anyway,

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

oh, and one more thing. if i upload the nightly build, will anyone be willing to test it for me ? i have a doubt about dual sim compatibility and lags ( and maybe the camera too ), but will try my best to ensure no such errors occur. i ain't offering a one-day warranty or something, but i guess i will, as said before, will use the best of my knowledge to fix such errors.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

and also one more thing. after this, i shall be working on a flashable stock rom zip file, so other projects will have to wait.
meanwhile,
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B8N7MRg8VIZRN1VJckM3Y3hwUFE
check this link for another updated recovery file ( bigger font, updated version, less button presses, thanks to ajinkya mishra of http://karbonnroms.blogspot.in/ )

I'll will certainly try out the carbon rom.I am just through the SS of carbon ROM on other devices and the rom looks really gud plus with kit kat on our device it will be a bonus since we ain't gonna receive the update.I will try out ROM once you upload it and then we will see if it has any bugs.Oh and anyway try to add maximum features to make the ROM gud.And also a flashable stick ROM would be great since YGDP sucks.So I hope we get the carbon and a stock flashable ROM soon.Cheers mate and ATB for all the future development.

PS - As this thread is dedicated to the Stock ROM it would be great if you create a 'all things and development' thread.Since if we create that more people will be able to see it.And than will benefit you and maybe we can except more development from you.

I'll will certainly try out the carbon rom.I am just through the SS of carbon ROM on other devices and the rom looks really gud plus with kit kat on our device it will be a bonus since we ain't gonna receive the update.I will try out ROM once you upload it and then we will see if it has any bugs.Oh and anyway try to add maximum features to make the ROM gud.And also a flashable stick ROM would be great since YGDP sucks.So I hope we get the carbon and a stock flashable ROM soon.Cheers mate and ATB for all the future development.

PS - As this thread is dedicated to the Stock ROM it would be great if you create a 'all things and development' thread.Since if we create that more people will be able to see it.And than will benefit you and maybe we can except more development from you.

yep, that's done. check it out.
http://xdaforums.com/android/general/roms-recoveries-karbonn-titanium-s5-t2906329

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
Hows the progress on carbon rom
Is it ready
I hv been eager to get it

Hows the progress on carbon rom
Is it ready
I hv been eager to get it

Nope, I still have lots of development to do. I recently discovered a major fault with the port and I'm trying my best to fix it. There's one doubt which I can't confirm to be true, but might be so : It might not support Dual-Sim. So, if you're willing to try it out anyway, I'll be uploading it in a few more weeks. Sorry for the delay !

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
Thanks fr ur effort
I am ready to try it out
Ill wait fr it

sagartiwari

Oct 28, 2014
Plzzz Help Me Anyone!!!

:( Plz help me bro when i try to flash stock rom in my karbonn titanium s5 plus, the ygpd flash tool shows entering download mode, and after that no changes made in my mobile, What to do? :confused:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    171.6 KB · Views: 106
:( Plz help me bro when i try to flash stock rom in my karbonn titanium s5 plus, the ygpd flash tool shows entering download mode, and after that no changes made in my mobile, What to do? :confused:
Yeah, the YGDP tool is not that good, and many people have experienced various errors ( including me ). So, I have decided to build a flashable stock rom zip and I'm currently working on it. Till then, use the Custom ROMs provided here at https://tr.im/51569 , preferably the MIUI or the Xperia Z ROM. Hope my post helped !

Reactions: sagartiwari

sagartiwari

Oct 28, 2014
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply...xperia rom is good but not as it's stock rom! so I want it! Thanks in Advance!

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
Hey bro
While using ygdp
First browse nd select the cpb file again and do next
After completion of cpb extraction go on and press start

Then plug the mobile without battery after u press the start button

Thn it will surely complete the procedure...
Hit thanks if it helped

Hey bro
While using ygdp
First browse nd select the cpb file again and do next
After completion of cpb extraction go on and press start

Then plug the mobile without battery after u press the start button

Thn it will surely complete the procedure...
Hit thanks if it helped

Yeah, but most people have one or the other error while flashing using YGDP. I had a file checksum error. Whatever I tried, nothing worked. So, the phone had to be sent back to the factory service center to change the internal storage. I don't want that to happen again. So, I'm creating a flashable zip file of the stock ROM and will be uploading it in a few days. I'm clearing my SD Card now so that I can transfer the CarbonForKarbonn ROM to it and try it out.

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz`

people i am using karbonn titaniun s5 plus
i am encountering a problem
the cwm recovery by carlia@xda has damaged my recovery
now i cannot do factory restore and cannot do flash coz the ydgp tool hangs after apply
now what hould i do to get stock recovery back or a custom recovery.......................
i have also tried to install twrp recovery but cmd says no a internal or external command in the fastboot line
what should i do:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

people i am using karbonn titaniun s5 plus
i am encountering a problem
the cwm recovery by carlia@xda has damaged my recovery
now i cannot do factory restore and cannot do flash coz the ydgp tool hangs after apply
now what hould i do to get stock recovery back or a custom recovery.......................
i have also tried to install twrp recovery but cmd says no a internal or external command in the fastboot line
what should i do:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
How ? Please post some screenshots. Did you try the PhilZ Touch Recovery which I created ? I can guarantee you that it works as I currently have it installed onto my device, and is working properly now. Can you boot into the system ? If you can, then try installing it through this method :

Place the recovery.img file in the Internal Storage or External SD Card -- Here, I'm placing it as in storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img

Install Terminal Emulator or any such app onto the phone and Open it.

Type these commands one by one :

su -- This gives root permissions to the Command Executor.

flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img -- This flashes the recovery image file to the recovery partition.

Close the Terminal Window.

Hope this reply helped. PM me if you have any queries.

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
How ? Please post some screenshots. Did you try the PhilZ Touch Recovery which I created ? I can guarantee you that it works as I currently have it installed onto my device, and is working properly now. Can you boot into the system ? If you can, then try installing it through this method :

Place the recovery.img file in the Internal Storage or External SD Card -- Here, I'm placing it as in storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img

Install Terminal Emulator or any such app onto the phone and Open it.

Type these commands one by one :

su -- This gives root permissions to the Command Executor.

flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img -- This flashes the recovery image file to the recovery partition.

Close the Terminal Window.

Hope this reply helped. PM me if you have any queries.

Heck I tried the terminal emulator steps but it just gives me flash_image not found.I tried both internal as well as external storage option but still no success.Also I tried it on my computer.The device gets recognize and also goes into fast boot but after that when I type fastboot oem unlock,it gives error fastboot is not recognize or something like that.Here is my SS of terminal emulator.

Attachments

• 1415456352312.jpg
    1415456352312.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 78
Screenshots

I'm not that sure of the Terminal Emulator steps, as I don't use ( or prefer ) that method. The fastboot oem unlock step can be skipped though, it only needs to be done once in order to unlock it forever. Go to the next steps and try it out.
Here's two screenshots of the recoveries working :
Philz Touch Recovery :
gta6xDc.jpg

TeamWin Recovery Project :
2YhsiKu.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.

I have followed your instructions to the word. The YGDP download program keeps getting stuck after pressing 'Apply' after selecting the CPB file and version.

Moreover, the drivers that you have given are ADB drivers. I have installed them prior to all this. But my s5+ still doesn't get detected after I connect it to my PC without the battery. It says the driver installation failed. I forgot what was the device name that was being shown.

Could you please help me out. I have accidentally deleted certain system applications and need to get them back. Thanks.
    Scatter file.

cybercrawler had asked for the scatter file of Karbonn titanium s5 plus.
    well, here it is, attached to this post.
    CWM recovery...

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus :
    Here is the cwmrecovery.img file of karbonn titanium s5 plus, for all those who might need it.
    tr.im/RWOT
    (beware, the above link is not tried and tested ! )
    hope it helps !
    Buddy I own a Karbonn Titanium s5 Plus which i've bought 1 month ago. But unfortunately ,i installed chainfire 3d and now i'm stuck in BOOTLOOP. :( :(

I have only Rooted it and do not have any off the custom rom installed ,just the one which came in the phone
    Now, I want to get my device in its previous state it but i have disabled USB debugging options too otherwise i could have removed it earlier.

I have tried Googlin' and have searched enough XDA as well as on the other sites but nothing worked
    I am also unable to get a Working.. Stock ROM for my device
    I've SDK installed on my PC but it requires USB Debugging to be unabled

Please Guide with appropriate steps as to how should i proceed :confused: :confused:
    I'll be very Thankful :)

Flashing the stock ROM using YGDP is a 'Real pain in the Ass'.Pls don't try to do it by yourself.Trust me I have recovered from boot loops of my earlier devices many times but when my S5+ got boot loop on Friday after installing Chain fire 3D.And I spent the whole day just trying to work it around.But I couldn't. Simple solution - Give it to the service center,They'll give it back within 2 days max.I got mine in 1 hr :).Just don't try to do it by yourself. I am not telling you that you can't do it just by sitting in front of your PC.Just try to understand & save your time and above all your money. I spent useless Rs.600 on data packs for downloading and got nothing.So giving it to the service center makes sense.Cheers mate!!