I also have bricked my M8

Search This thread

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
So I was playing around trying to get Sound MOD to work(dont ask me y..I was bored) And I have bricked my phone. I am stuck on the white HTC screen the one at the begining of the boot..the one that says this build is for development purposes..blah blah. and it is just stuck there. Adb wont find device or nothing..I am truly screwed..yes?

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Well, ADB wouldn't be able to do anything at that point anyway. It's not fully booted, or in the bootloader.

Have you tried powering it off, and booting to the bootloader? From there recovery, do a factory reset, and see if it boots then?

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
So I was playing around trying to get Sound MOD to work(dont ask me y..I was bored) And I have bricked my phone. I am stuck on the white HTC screen the one at the begining of the boot..the one that says this build is for development purposes..blah blah. and it is just stuck there. Adb wont find device or nothing..I am truly screwed..yes?

If your screen shows something you are not bricked.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
Well, ADB wouldn't be able to do anything at that point anyway. It's not fully booted, or in the bootloader.

Have you tried powering it off, and booting to the bootloader? From there recovery, do a factory reset, and see if it boots then?

They is no way of powering it off..its just stuck on that screen. No buttons do anything. Guess ill just have to let the FULLY CHARGED..lol..battery run out then try to get into bootloader.

Last edited:

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
ok..so I got it to go into hboot..And Im trying to factory reset..but it just keeps taking me to twrp again. and everytime I try to do something in there in just boots back to that htc screen. I am noticing when it first boots into hboot it quickly says something about wrong image.

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
ok..so I got it to go into hboot..And Im trying to factory reset..but it just keeps taking me to twrp again. and everytime I try to do something in there in just boots back to that htc screen.

Which menu options are you selecting in TWRP? And to factory reset, you would WANT to be in TWRP, so I don't know why you're making it sound like that's a bad thing...

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
I cant do anything in twrp. I can factory reset but when i go to install anything or restore a backup it boots right back to that HTC screen

So you've tried doing a factory reset, and afterwards it still just gets stuck during boot? And do you mean it boots back to the HTC boot screen after restoring an image and rebooting, or you select "Restore image" (or whatever) and it instantly reboots and gets stuck?

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
So you've tried doing a factory reset, and afterwards it still just gets stuck during boot? And do you mean it boots back to the HTC boot screen after restoring an image and rebooting, or you select "Restore image" (or whatever) and it instantly reboots and gets stuck?

Yep and now I really have a brick..I cant even get it to turn on. If i hold the power and volume down button for ten sec i get htc scren for 3 sec then phone goes bye bye. Im screwed. Thanx for the help guys.

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
Out if curiosity how did you get to this state by trying to flash a sound mod?

Sent from Tapatalk on my one m8
I was trying to do this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737498 and after doing what issue 1 said I rebooted and got a unauthorized device warning. was finally able to get back to hboot and recovery but nothing would work..wiping, factory resetting..nothing. I just had to order new one. I hate mistakes that cost $..lol
Its my own dumbass fault. I shouldve just let it alone. Was running great on viper 1.6

Last edited:
R

richii0207

Have you tried flashing any Rom? You can't boot into the OS following a factory reset in TWRP, you will always end up with what you're getting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
Have you tried flashing any Rom? You can't boot into the OS following a factory reset in TWRP, you will always end up with what you're getting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
It is impossible for me to flash a rom. Cant get into a recovery to do it.
Ok so update: I was SOMEHOW able to get into recovery(TWRP) but no matter what i try to do it just reboots back into recovery..any ideas?
EDIT: gonna try verizon RUU. Fingers crossed

Last edited:

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
Just a thought here. TWRP can install from USB. I have flashed from a thumbdrive in the past on an S3. You may be able to do same. I know this is a shot in the dark but may help.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Will it just sit at the recovery screen or does it boot before you touch anything? If it will sit at the TWRP main screen you should be able to boot into hboot via adb and try a reflash of twrp or CWM. Your recovery may be corrupt.

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
Would a moderator kindly close this thread as I have fixed my problem. Thank you!

After toying around with it for HOURS! Somehow I was able to get it to boot into hboot. Which from there was ablt to fastboot an RUU and profit! Funny thing is I had already made a claim with the Big Red V. Called them back to say that I had found my phone...too late claim already in..lol. Now I have a brand new phone on its way and a mini-tab and dev device I guess..lol

Reactions: ufkal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would a moderator kindly close this thread as I have fixed my problem. Thank you!

After toying around with it for HOURS! Somehow I was able to get it to boot into hboot. Which from there was ablt to fastboot an RUU and profit! Funny thing is I had already made a claim with the Big Red V. Called them back to say that I had found my phone...too late claim already in..lol. Now I have a brand new phone on its way and a mini-tab and dev device I guess..lol