FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Spy Camera OS (Open Source)

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 304
 
By jimmod, Senior Member on 13th October 2012, 03:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2014, 02:21 PM |#501  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod




Can you reproduce the issue : start as minimized and capture picture -> change startup normal -> exit -> start application -> setting send feedback. Add a bit information about the issue (since I got many email)
So I can analyze the issue from the log.
I cannot reproduce this issue on my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

I've sent you a log report today.

Thanks.
 
 
26th June 2014, 04:24 AM |#502  
ianmck's Avatar
Member
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Nice app, but I dont like the way silence works
I really like this app. There seem to be a LOT of ripoff apps, but they crash a lot for me...one gave errors on every close...a different app would crash upon volume button press. I was frustrated beyond belief until I found SCOS...I think I'm going to buy the donate version for more features. My only concern is that the app seems to silence the shutter sound by turning the entire phone silent....its very annoying when you are shooting for a long time, but cannot hear notifications. Is there a setting for this? Maybe the donate version? I dont remember the ripoff apps using this method to silence.

Thanks
26th June 2014, 09:48 AM |#503  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod

Currently the application use template from the Android SDK so the highest decide by the ROM.
So to support 4K video recording either it need to be supported by the ROM template or waiting video advanced configuration to set manually the resolution.
Can you check if other video recording app that supporting 4K?

I'm running on stock android ROM 4.4.2 and this phone already came with 4k video recording when bought. The stock camera app supports 4k video recording as shown in the screen shot so does other 3rd party apps like LGCAMERA.


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
28th June 2014, 04:06 PM |#504  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi. I love this app. It is nearly perfect.

But it needs password/pin protection. The worst thing about this is that even 3rd party app lockers don't work with this app. I have tried AppLock and Smart App Protector to lock this app but for some reason, this app just bypasses the password lock. So there is no way to password protect this app.

The next issue is probably specific to my phone. I use a Moto G (rooted). If I set the Startup mode to minimized, the app is not able to take any photos. But if I set it as normal and minimize it manually, the app works just fine. This is not that much of an issue, but since I mainly use this app minimized, it is a little inconvenient .

Finally I would like to give a suggestion. Is it possible to give us an option to choose a different persistent notification, in which there is no option to un-minimize the app? This way I can always keep the app open and control it solely through the volume buttons. And if anyone were to use my phone while this app was on, they would have no idea that I have a camera app on. Right now, anyone can click on the icon in the notification area and see the camera area easily. Basically, it would be so much better if we could customize the notification area.

Thanks.
29th June 2014, 04:39 AM |#505  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod

Currently the application use template from the Android SDK so the highest decide by the ROM.
So to support 4K video recording either it need to be supported by the ROM template or waiting video advanced configuration to set manually the resolution.
Can you check if other video recording app that supporting 4K?

Please check my above answer about 4K video quality

Thanks for the answer!

I didn't quite get it though. What do you mean with the "Android SDK ROM" and "ROM template"?
My phone has stock Android and a camera that records at 1080p without any manual modifications.
Every application using the camera (including the default camera app) records at 1080p.

Will I ever be able to "manually adjust" the settings on sc-os to record at a higher resolution and framerate?
29th June 2014, 09:54 AM |#506  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
helpp...(
hey jimmy
thanks for the great app!!
can u please help me with turning on auto emailing option...
i have turned it on by filling my email (both receiver and sender).. but not receiving any emails in my account....
why....?
please help me with this
this is extremely urgent

Sally
15th July 2014, 01:39 PM |#507  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Battery consumption, cpu usage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod

Curently even minimized the app still keep the camera active, please make sure exit the application when it not used.
Later I can make it smarter to know when the camera not needed to be standby.

But the heat or battery consumption cause by activating the camera is beyond my control, which fully depends on ROM and hardware.

Please fix it, it's very important!
App uses 100% of single cpu core (12% on my 8 core Mediatek phone).
Phone is very hot and instead of 2 days on standby it lasts only few hours.

Please try to deactivate camera when no photo is taken in last 5 minutes.

I think it's even possible to wake from DEEP SLEEP using volume button.
19th July 2014, 07:49 PM |#508  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello, I am a donator for your program. I had to re-installed all the applications on my phone samsung s3 note and unfortunately when trying to reinstal your program, I am getting this error msg. Any help please ? I can not locate your program folder in data/data to erase it...

error:

unknown error code during application install: "-24"

help, please !
22nd July 2014, 11:09 AM |#509  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Location
Hello! i wrote you a month ago about , just freeze on click settings button =\
only reboot helps

trying to reinstall etc/

sony z1 compact (stock firmware without root on 4.4.4)

plz fix it!!!
22nd July 2014, 02:40 PM |#510  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
btw on 0.3.3 there is no this bug
23rd July 2014, 02:55 AM |#511  
jimmod's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Sorry for my late reply, last month was hectic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmck

I really like this app. There seem to be a LOT of ripoff apps, but they crash a lot for me...one gave errors on every close...a different app would crash upon volume button press. I was frustrated beyond belief until I found SCOS...I think I'm going to buy the donate version for more features. My only concern is that the app seems to silence the shutter sound by turning the entire phone silent....its very annoying when you are shooting for a long time, but cannot hear notifications. Is there a setting for this? Maybe the donate version? I dont remember the ripoff apps using this method to silence.

Thanks

It's great you found the original SCOS Other ripoff apps that you mention was based on SCOS v1.3
About volume, since v0.3 it use different method. I silent the phone on startup and every time capturing image/video to make sure no sound triggered by phone.
I will check more on this, it's possible to add setting about this I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg

I'm running on stock android ROM 4.4.2 and this phone already came with 4k video recording when bought. The stock camera app supports 4k video recording as shown in the screen shot so does other 3rd party apps like LGCAMERA.



Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I mean can you check other camera app, stock camera app should support this. But if the phone didn't open the API for this 4k recording other 3rd party app cannot use the 4k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pra713

Hi. I love this app. It is nearly perfect.

But it needs password/pin protection. The worst thing about this is that even 3rd party app lockers don't work with this app. I have tried AppLock and Smart App Protector to lock this app but for some reason, this app just bypasses the password lock. So there is no way to password protect this app.

The next issue is probably specific to my phone. I use a Moto G (rooted). If I set the Startup mode to minimized, the app is not able to take any photos. But if I set it as normal and minimize it manually, the app works just fine. This is not that much of an issue, but since I mainly use this app minimized, it is a little inconvenient .

Finally I would like to give a suggestion. Is it possible to give us an option to choose a different persistent notification, in which there is no option to un-minimize the app? This way I can always keep the app open and control it solely through the volume buttons. And if anyone were to use my phone while this app was on, they would have no idea that I have a camera app on. Right now, anyone can click on the icon in the notification area and see the camera area easily. Basically, it would be so much better if we could customize the notification area.

Thanks.

I'll just put my email reply below
Thank you for your feedback and idea.
Your idea noted. Not sure why the 3rd party app locker didn't work.

For the start up to minimized issue can you start the app as minimized press a volume button to trigger picture (which didn't work) and directly go to setting and send email via send feedback menu. It will send me the log.

Nice idea about option to not able restore the UI. But in this case you will only have option to exit the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally007

hey jimmy
thanks for the great app!!
can u please help me with turning on auto emailing option...
i have turned it on by filling my email (both receiver and sender).. but not receiving any emails in my account....
why....?
please help me with this
this is extremely urgent

Sally

Not sure if my reply is already late or not.
Please make sure the sender username & password is correct and active google mail account.
You can send me your log via setting - send feedback so I can check the error from google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcvxbst

Please fix it, it's very important!
App uses 100% of single cpu core (12% on my 8 core Mediatek phone).
Phone is very hot and instead of 2 days on standby it lasts only few hours.

Please try to deactivate camera when no photo is taken in last 5 minutes.

I think it's even possible to wake from DEEP SLEEP using volume button.

Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi

Hello, I am a donator for your program. I had to re-installed all the applications on my phone samsung s3 note and unfortunately when trying to reinstal your program, I am getting this error msg. Any help please ? I can not locate your program folder in data/data to erase it...

error:

unknown error code during application install: "-24"

help, please !

I think it's error from the Google Play Store.
Try to restart your phone. And try to clear Play Store cache in application manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetStranger

Hello! i wrote you a month ago about , just freeze on click settings button =\
only reboot helps

trying to reinstall etc/

sony z1 compact (stock firmware without root on 4.4.4)

plz fix it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetStranger

btw on 0.3.3 there is no this bug

Hi some models have issue on high res picture, meanwhile please use the low-res image capture for now.
I'm still checking the cause.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, camera, hidden, spy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes