[APP]StorageEther - Storage Widget/App

Search This thread

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Working fine on stock 3.2 here.
I tried the xoom widget too on my transformer in an attempt to get rid of the usb & sd card info, but the microsd info doesnt show on widget, but does when clicked to go into more info screen.

The widget handles storage differently to the app, the app does an auto search for existing devices, whereas the widget is pre-programmed to allow only the certain storage devices for that device.

I have just released a new widget aimed at Android phones but will also work on the tablets, called "SE Widget - Storage Ether Widget" it's on the android market, that one does not have the application but will let you custom set paths on the widget and you can add one for each device, more features will come as and when i get feedback and comments/suggestions.

As for StorageEther 2.0 it's almost ready for an initial market release but with the cross device problems in the widgets i'm considering a major update to bring its functionality in line with the new widget before a paid release on the market.

SwedishGojira

May 26, 2011
Köping
Google Pixel 7a
I think you should rename the existing Asus widget to "Asus with dock" and make a new smaller widget named "Asus" that only shows Internal and MicroSD since not everyone have the dock.
Other than that I like it.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
I have released "SE Widget" on the market now, which I hope will evolve to replace this.

The reason for this, is that SE Widget provides a single, customizable widget that will work on all phones and tablets, and i intend to make it able to enable/disable storage devices as you please.

It's nice to have an app that's customized for tablet, but then you can also just run it on your phone too, and that's the future I see for the apps I release.

Buy it once, use it everywhere.

SwedishGojira

May 26, 2011
Köping
Google Pixel 7a
If you make SE Widget as clean looking as the StorageEther-widget I will gladly use it. But I tried SE Widget when you released it and I did not like the "3D" look it had with shadows and all.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
If you make SE Widget as clean looking as the StorageEther-widget I will gladly use it. But I tried SE Widget when you released it and I did not like the "3D" look it had with shadows and all.

I don't know what you mean by "3D" look and "Shadows"?

It looks like this now, and of course you still have the options for background colours:

widget.png

Reactions: Paradaz

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Hello, I just bought this and I like it a lot. Just looking to see if we can have more options for such things as USBDisk1, etc. On the Asus Transformer also I have the 16gb model so total data and sd card are the same thing. Looking forward to more options and I saw the post about unmounting which would be great. Thanks!

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Hello, I just bought this and I like it a lot. Just looking to see if we can have more options for such things as USBDisk1, etc. On the Asus Transformer also I have the 16gb model so total data and sd card are the same thing. Looking forward to more options and I saw the post about unmounting which would be great. Thanks!

Sure thing, I can add 3 or 4 more custom storage items. my devices only have 2 or 3 so need one of you guys with a transformer to test when its done.

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Sure thing, I can add 3 or 4 more custom storage items. my devices only have 2 or 3 so need one of you guys with a transformer to test when its done.

I bought bought SE Widgets from the market & I was wondering on the status of being able to see more devices or the option of us manually adding it ourselves.

I would love to test out your app if you need testers & I'm using the Asus Prime.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Hi,

Thanks for buying. I currently have in beta a version that allows you to set custom paths for all 3 items, this means you can add the widget twice for upto 6 items (or more if you wish), this covers all the storage devices available on your transformer.

I have also done some work on the progress bars to make them look better, and work in progress is a pop up activity with pie charts indicating data use, this is coming soon!

I will probably release an update with the custom devices change first and pie charts later because pie charts need more work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RMXO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I just released the initial version of my StorageEther app in the XOOM forum, after initial testing I found it *should* work on your devices too, please feel free to test and if you have feedback/problems/suggestions please post them here.

StorageEther1_0.png

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1100829

EDIT:Hey Guys, I'm finishing off the final version of StorageEther 2 that will go on the android market, I would appreciate if you guys could test it for me please, try all the storage devices, it should auto-detect the plug-in and removal of storage devices, but it may not because Asus may have used custom intent, if so, please get me logcats of those intents so I can add them. There is a widget especially for your transformer which should show all possible devices you an plug in, including the dock ones. If there are any problems, reply here and I'll try fix any reported problems before release. If you can get hold of anyone with an Iconia or a GT10.1, please get them to try it too.
    I grabbed this morning, right before this latest change. Here's my findings, and the associated mount points in the TF. I'm using Prime 1.7 with stock kernel, FWIW.

-MicroSD will not report (will try newest version and report)
    --$\Removable\MicroSD
    -USB0 or USB1 will not report
    --$\Removable\USBdisk1
    --$\Removable\USBdisk2
    -SD (Full Sized) will not report
    --$\Removable\SD

I did test this with a USB stick in both ports, and I always have a micro and full sized SD mounted.

LMK if I can help any further. Thanks for the work! :)

That should all be fixed in the new upload :D
    Hey,
    thanks for this nice widget! I just downloaded and installed it, looks great.
    Little problem here on my transformer with prime 1.7: MicroSD shows as not present (though it is of course)!

And something for future tweaking maybe: would be nice if one could choose which devices should be displayed. For me e.g. SD, USB 1 and 2 aren't of any manner for me, so it would be nice to disable them. Oh,and how do I edit the color? :)

edit: I'm newbie so I don't know yet how to create logcats, sorry..

you'll have to let me know where your microsd mount point is if it's not detected at the standard place.

As for colours you select them on the widget configure screen.

In terms of the widget items, its possible i could make.a widget with just the key items.
    Based on the information you guys gave me, I have updated the first post with a new build (BETA16) which should fix the problem if the mount point was correct.

Try it and let me know.
    The larger widget displays everything correctly. The small one incorrectly displays 32gb for internal and doesn't recognize the external memory at all. Other than that it's a very nice app and widgets.

The smaller one is for the xoom . Says so when you add the widget.

The widget is added by long.pressing on the homescreen and scrolling through to find it.

As for hiding stuff, it can be done but im not sure i can shrink the widget accordingly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk