[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Search This thread

mtl010957

Nov 5, 2009
Can fellow Raph100 owners verify if the physical keyboard lights are always on in closed position? When drawn, the lights goes off which is the reverse of how it should function.

I have similar behavior with RAPH110, except it does not seem to keep the keyboard lights on all the time when closed, but they do blink on briefly and then go out when the keyboard is opened.

Other than that minor issue this build is much better than FRX06 and more stable, especially when in weak cell signal areas and while moving from cell to cell. Many thanks to the devs! :)

UPDATE: I just found quite by accident that the keyboard lights will come on if you swipe a finger over the capacitive panel to light up one or more of the switches there (place where the Home, Back, Hangup, etc. keys are) when the keyboard is open. Not sure if this is the intended operation but it seems to be a viable workaround.

Last edited:

dsramesh

Mar 31, 2008
Los Altos
Thanks! It works well!

Been using FRX07 since this evening and working well. Kind of slow and sometimes quick.

Data works, camera works, wifi works.

Has problems waking up from sleep and just now, it went to sleep during download and can't wake it up and have solid red light.
- Called the phone multiple time to wake it up and it did not wake up....resetting the device.

..Ramesh

Works
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode

Last edited:

jimjack

Jan 5, 2010
Hi,

here is my experience with FRX07.
My device is DIAM100 / MDA Compact IV. With 07/11-kernel und newest rootfs it boots up to Android and then reboots like by others. Then I go to 06/27-kernel und newest rootfs and all works quite well especially the wifi wakeup-bug. Sometimes ists a little bit slow. Sometimes ists okay.

The next days I will test the newest 07/18-kernel.

With regards,
Steffen

colinkhalid

Apr 20, 2008
Kuching, Malaysia
RAPH 300 working well

I found that I do not get the andriod.core crashes I used to get a lot with FRX06. The Wifi issue seems to be solved and BT pairs and sends data. Overall more stable.

The speaker does not work in call , (didn't with FRX06 also)

The battery drain is heavy due to the panel collapse problem but Iam still able to use andriod full time since I drive around a lot and nearly always have the phone on charge :D

Marmen

Nov 11, 2008
Shanghai
How long will it take to flash FRX07 and first boot? (it takes 2hours on my device)

I try to use this release with my Touch Diamond2, but it fails.

Always on the welcome screen during the first boot. I have to restart after half an hour, and it was back to WM automatically.

What happened and how to resolve?

I strictly follow the step:

1) format SD Card to FAT32

2) Extract & Copy to Root of SD Card

3) Copy TOPAZ startup.txt to the Root.

4) Run Haret.exe

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
How long will it take to flash FRX07 and first boot? (it takes 2hours on my device)

I try to use this release with my Touch Diamond2, but it fails.

Always on the welcome screen during the first boot. I have to restart after half an hour, and it was back to WM automatically.

What happened and how to resolve?

I strictly follow the step:

1) format SD Card to FAT32

2) Extract & Copy to Root of SD Card

3) Copy TOPAZ startup.txt to the Root.

4) Run Haret.exe

Need to grab the newest kernel. Unfortunately the kernel bundled in FRX07 does not work on keyboardless devices...

I guess I need to create an FRX07 thread in the TOPA section too eh?

Reactions: Marmen

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

Marmen

Nov 11, 2008
Shanghai

Attachments

• 2011-07-20_082910.jpg
    2011-07-20_082910.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 132

jimjack

Jan 5, 2010
Hi,

here is my feedback about 7/18-kernel with DIAM100 device (German MDA Compact IV) and FRX07 with newest rootfs.
This kernel runs! There is no reboot after the Android start screen. Thats fine and many thanks to the developers!

WLAN is okay also after standby.

BT is also okay. I do a pairing with my Symbian mobile (Nokia 6710 Navigator). But I can't send data from/to the Android
device. After trying to send data there is a problem with BT. It toggle on/off and I must reboot the device.
The second try was okay! Problem was the app "Bluetooth File Transfer". It toggles BT on/off.

:)

Last edited:

GoldAngelo

Feb 6, 2010
The battery works better than on FRX06.

I have similar behavior with RAPH110, except it does not seem to keep the keyboard lights on all the time when closed, but they do blink on briefly and then go out when the keyboard is opened.

I have the same problem with RAPH100
And Some special characters on the keyboard are swapped with each other. For example, -->"<-- to --> : <--

Mar 13, 2008
Irvine
does anybody noticed, that some apps don't work anymore.

for instance com.flightradar24free or de.tvspielfilm

whether install by market nor by titanium backup will work.
it fails with "installation failed"

except this issue FRX07 works fine. battery drain is very low, system is stable, no reboots, no app-shutdowns.

i'm using kernel 20110622_180615 with actual rootfs on RAPH110

On my RHOD400, I noticed that some apps were failing to install with FRX07 + kernel 2011/07/16. I found the following errors w/logcat:

Code:
D/VoldCmdListener( 1308): asec list
I/PackageHelper( 2250): Size of container 2 MB 86286 bytes
D/VoldCmdListener( 1308): asec create smdl2tmp1 2 fat {} 10037
E/Vold    ( 1308): Error creating imagefile (Read-only file system)
E/Vold    ( 1308): ASEC image file creation failed (Read-only file system)
W/Vold    ( 1308): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 30
E/PackageHelper( 2250): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1
E/DefContainer( 2250): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1
D/dalvikvm( 1340): GC_EXPLICIT freed 11853 objects / 540880 bytes in 220ms
D/vending ( 1851): [6] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): -8230287241840907289 / INSTALL_FAILED

It would appear that the installer for these apps was trying to create a file, /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec but because / was mounted read-only it couldn't do so. I was able to get them to install by remounting / as rw.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
On my RHOD400, I noticed that some apps were failing to install with FRX07 + kernel 2011/07/16. I found the following errors w/logcat:

Code:
D/VoldCmdListener( 1308): asec list
I/PackageHelper( 2250): Size of container 2 MB 86286 bytes
D/VoldCmdListener( 1308): asec create smdl2tmp1 2 fat {} 10037
E/Vold    ( 1308): Error creating imagefile (Read-only file system)
E/Vold    ( 1308): ASEC image file creation failed (Read-only file system)
W/Vold    ( 1308): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 30
E/PackageHelper( 2250): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1
E/DefContainer( 2250): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1
D/dalvikvm( 1340): GC_EXPLICIT freed 11853 objects / 540880 bytes in 220ms
D/vending ( 1851): [6] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): -8230287241840907289 / INSTALL_FAILED

It would appear that the installer for these apps was trying to create a file, /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec but because / was mounted read-only it couldn't do so. I was able to get them to install by remounting / as rw.

This is a super-user issue... It didn't prompt on install? Several people have had that issue.. I don't know why apps wouldn't be prompting for su on install tho...

Reactions: sabrosolatino
Mar 13, 2008
Irvine
This is a super-user issue... It didn't prompt on install? Several people have had that issue.. I don't know why apps wouldn't be prompting for su on install tho...

No, no prompt whatsoever. I haven't had a su prompt for the installation of any of my apps. Just an "installation unsuccessful" error, but only for a select few; most install fine. I just wish Google would be a bit more descriptive of the error so I didn't have to resort to adb/logcat.

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
Yeahh now is working!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Arrrghhh,
Thanks thanks Thanks and all the FULL recognition for the DEVS of this RELEASE.
With the New Kernel and Rootfs is working and booting VERY WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

I use HTC Diamond 500 CDMA
and the ACTUAL FROYO FRX07 (21 July 2011) LIST of Roofts, initrd, zImage, module and System-ext2 that are working fine with my HTC Diamond CDMA is:

1.- System-ext2 (15-July-2011) FroyoX07 (Froyo)

2.- I USE THE LATEST ROOTFS (with the NEW RIL) Rootfs-20110721-258e98b.zip (21-July-2011) at First boot up (with clean data-img) it appear the endless "tts mismatch" but after a minute or two it appear the Xandroid boot Animation this time the video doesn't freze at all!!!!!!!!!! and after the long "data.img" re-creation (5-7 minutes) it boot up OK. NO lockscreen this time so I can start using it without a problem
Rootfs-20110721-258e98b.zip

3.- initrd-20110429-a3eace0.gz (29-April-2011 file is the same a 15-July-2011)

4.- zImage and Kernel module htc-msm-linux @ 20110718_223029-package.tar (18-July-2011)

NOTE: Don't use the 27-June-2011; 11-July-2011 versions( htc-msm-linux @ xxxx-package.tar) Because endless mismatch messages starts with the second boot XDAndroid.
By the way, the "July-16-2011" version has the issue of get stuck after boot time in the First "LOCKSCREEN".

Last edited:

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
Awesome, gonna dust off the fuse and give this a run, can't wait to see how much better it has become from when I used it before.

colinkhalid

Apr 20, 2008
Kuching, Malaysia
Video Playback on RAPH 300

Not having a lot of success playing video clips with the FRX07 build

I rendered some clips using Handbrake (using iphone / ipod touch presets) but although the sound was ok I only got a single frame from the video using the built in player.

Can anyone recommend a suitable media player and the correct codec, resolution, bit rate ect I should use.

I found that YouTube video has the same issue sound but no video

Thanks

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Not having a lot of success playing video clips with the FRX07 build

I rendered some clips using Handbrake (using iphone / ipod touch presets) but although the sound was ok I only got a single frame from the video using the built in player.

Can anyone recommend a suitable media player and the correct codec, resolution, bit rate ect I should use.

I found that YouTube video has the same issue sound but no video

Thanks

HQ video's don't work at this time. We're trying to figure out if some codecs are missing - hyc got a certain resolution working, but I'm not sure how it applies to RAPH...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FRX07.1 is here!!

This is a maintenance release - basically taking the newest components to make a completely up-to-date (as of Sept. 1).

Quite a lot has changed since FRX06 - the install process hasn't really, but be sure to read the changelog in the next post and the caveats in post #3!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of FroYo with a stable kernel from GIT (August 19 / 1348), and rootfs from GIT (Sept. 2).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated September 1 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) (Updated July 15 2011) file by itself... Don't download this if you're not sure! Grab the full bundle!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX07.1, copy its contents to the root of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Screen calibration - you have three choices:
    • Re-use an old ts-calibration file if you have it and you know it's good.
    • Download the ts-calibration.zip file and extract it to where you put the rest of the files (root of SD or in a folder - make sure it all stays together!)
    • Manually calibrate - boot with no ts-calibration file and watch the boot process - you'll be asked to hit 5 points to calibrate the screen. If you have issues calibrating, try an older kernel (1225 works well) Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel!

6. Run haret.exe.. Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

See Incremental Updates for more information on updating the kernel and other components.

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data (all user data is stored in the data.img!!), Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
    stinebd's Changelog:

stinebd said:
    Here’s a new release for you, folks. This is a major release with a ton of changes, new features, and fixes. Our friend hyc/highlandsun did most of the heavy lifting for this release. Highlights include a rewritten RIL with support for world phones and greatly improved CDMA support; fixes for the media codecs; fixes for MMS on Sprint; increased security with the Superuser app.

A list of changes is included below. The FRX07 system image is available for download now, and will require the use of a new rootfs image, also available now. Additionally, we have a new bundle containing everything needed to enjoy a full FRX07 system.

Note: Due to the incredibly long list of changes, this is a somewhat condensed, terse changelog describing only the overall scope of the changes.

FRX07:
    • frameworks/base:
      • Major frameworks changes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
      • Fixes for data connection handling to improve startup time. (hyc)
      • Fixes for wifi handling to avoid issues on hanged drivers. (hyc)
      • Stagefreight (media codecs) fixes. (hyc/viruscrazy)
      • Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
      • Fix MediaScanner not finding audio files (including ringtones) in system.ext2
    • hardware/libhardware_legacy:
      • Minor GPS driver fixes. (Alex[sp3dev])
      • Rename wifi interfaces to wlan0 on all devices (hyc)
    • hardware/xdandroid-ril: Major RIL refactoring for improved performance on all devices, and added CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Gallery3D: Switched back to Gallery3D as the gallery app (closes bug #111)
    • packages/apps/Mms: Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Phone: Fixes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Superuser: Added the Superuser package for authorizing su privileges. This, along with our signed builds, provides greatly increased security for the end user (mostly against malicious apps from the Market).
    • system/extras/su: Added as a dependency for the Superuser package
    • vendor/qcom/android-open: Include missing stagefright codec symbols. (hyc/viruscrazy)

To coincide with the FRX07 system image, the following rootfs changes have been made:
    • init.froyo.rc modifications...
      • Adjust wpa_supplicant service for the new abstraction provided by libhardware_legacy, as well as interface rename
      • Abstract the hciattach service to provide bluetooth support on both chipsets
    • Rename wifi interface to wlan0 on all devices
    • apns-conf.xml updated
    • keymaps completely reorganized, and RHOD end-call key has been remapped to be the Home key in Android.
    • default.prop: set ro.secure=1 to lock down the adb shell - su can be used with the Superuser app to authorize root access in adb if needed.
    Layman's Changelog​

(As in, the changelog I wrote :p)​

FRX07.1 Changelog:

• RHOD - all buttons on the front no longer wake the device. Only the power button wakes the device now.
    • Updated to the newest RIL
    • hyc's modified libs for video now baked in - *most* HQ YouTube videos (and other HQ videos) should finally work!
    • RHOD & TOPA - Userland (Android) now controls the LED by default now. If you need to debug sleep, you will have to change the behavior manually.
    • Facebook sync should now work, out-of-box.

FRX07 Changelog:
    • Updated RIL (thanks hyc!) - this covers many different bugs that were in the old RIL - I'm only going to cover the major ones...
      • CDMA now works correctly (for the most part). force_cdma (and north_am_dialing) is now deprecated (not needed/ignored!)
      • You can boot with a SIM in on a CDMA device and choose your GSM or CDMA on the fly under Settings.
      • Location based on towers now works on CDMA.
      • 1xRTT now displays correctly, but I never seem to get EVDO Rev.a... I always get 0. This is represented by a 3g icon, as this is what the Android framework provides.
      • Full MMS support! Please see this page for configuration instructions. Will need help fleshing out the list of carriers folks!
      • Spotty service, switching towers, etc should no longer cause the dreaded SoD (Sleep of Death) condition!
    • (Basic audio) 3.5mm support for RHOD400/500
    • Droidwall works out of the box now
    • Keyboard backlight now fades in/out
    • Gallery3D back in! Picasa Web Sync comes with it ;)
    • A couple new apps added to AndroidApps folder:
      • rpierce99's app GetLogs
      • Titanium Backup
    Caveats:

• BT - works! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...

That audio routing thread is in the RHOD section, and I've only tested it on a RHOD - but AFAIK it should work on other devices. Let me know.
    Please try with physkeyboard=raphfix