CDMA RAPH/DIAM FRX07 Fix!!!!

Search This thread

jb789

Nov 6, 2009
Mmm... desiccant
To All, this is only the second time I've installed an Android build, and I haven't fiddled with data yet, but after a really long initial boot & replacing arrrghhh's ts-calibration with my old one (attached) & a few more boots, it seems to work pretty well on my Alltel CDMA Rahp800. Touchscreen was way off before swapping files. The only call I've made was to voicemail & that worked (speakerphone volume too way too low, though). If you've installed Android before, be sure you've deleted all files & folders associated with the old install unless you know what you're doing.

Can someone point me in the the right direction of how to change out the kernel in the Frox7 bundle with the just released fixed one?...
In Windows, unzip the new .tar.bz2 file & rename the new "zImage_20110805_223228" to just "zImage" (without the quotes). Copy it & the new "modules-2.6.27.46-01344-g76a304d.tar.gz" to the root of your SD card, or wherever you installed Android to. DO NOT rename the new "modules" file, but DO delete the old "modules" file. If you can't unzip the .tar file, install 7-zip.

Attachments

• ts-calibrationAlltelRaph800.zip
    163 bytes · Views: 48
Last edited:

mightycouger

May 18, 2009
Thanks for your help guys, the problem that i am having now is that my TP is getting stuck on the Boot animation (keeps repeating on a loop)! Any suggestions?-thanks

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I installed a new extract of FRX07, the new ril and latest kernel,
and my DIAM500 works a treat right now.

Now, I don't have service on this phone anymore, so I can't test CDMA data/voice, but I am using wifi and so far the phone is very responsive. I'll continue to test and report back but from my perspective, its performing great.

Thanks both to hyc and argh! Great work!

Reactions: sabrosolatino

jb789

Nov 6, 2009
Mmm... desiccant
Thanks for your help guys, the problem that i am having now is that my TP is getting stuck on the Boot animation (keeps repeating on a loop)! Any suggestions?-thanks
I think you're just impatient, it's not stuck. The first boot takes forever, at least 5 minutes, maybe 10, and that xdandroid boot animation will repeat about a zillion times.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I think you're just impatient, it's not stuck. The first boot takes forever, at least 5 minutes, maybe 10, and that xdandroid boot animation will repeat about a zillion times.

Indeed. If it's more than 10 minutes at the boot animation, something's wrong. Perhaps try a new data.img?

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
Good for you Bluenote73!!!!

I installed a new extract of FRX07, the new ril and latest kernel, and my DIAM500 works a treat right now....I am using wifi and so far the phone is very responsive....
Hello Bluenote73,
Can I ask you a favor???
Could you please share with us the combination of "RootFS, Kernels files and FIXs" you are using that get a good perfomance in your HTC Diam500 CDMA Sprint in the Latest XDANDROID CDMA Diamond's Thread??

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I don't want to contribute to more confusion about where to get good and up to date information sabrosolatino. [ie: this is the place] I described exactly what I did, starting with the FRX07 package put out by aarrrgh so you are welcome to test that. If you aren't getting the same results I'd suggest starting from scratch...

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
WOW!!! peace man, you don't need to be rude or too dense!!! :(
FYI this is the Touch Pro Forum, Mister.

Wow you're even more of an idiot than you sound.

1) That post wasn't rude.
2) There's no android forum, nor any official xdandroid threads for
the diamond. The diamond forums are also dead.
3) The touch pro is basically the same as the diamond
4) There IS an android forum, and an official xdandroid thread here.

Apparently you feel the better place is Touch diamond CDMA forum.
Except you're such a freaking idiot that you spew horrible illegible advice
in there, and there's no one other than you and newbs posting in there,
creating disinformation and confusion. Just like http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1092393 that.
I can't believe I didn't look at that forum and immediately start hanging out in there!

Dumbass.

Please feel free to PM me instead of cluttering the board with more of your multicoloured idiotic ramblings if you have more to say.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Alright guys, settle down.

sabrosolatino - I agree with bluenote in that we should keep the troubleshooting here. There is no "Android" section for DIAM, so it all just ends up jumbled in the general section. I titled my post to reflect the fix does indeed effect (affect?) RAPH/DIAM alike, so whatever issues the RAPH folk have, should be the same for DIAM folk.

Are you still having issues with the setup I've outlined in the first post of this thread? I only have a RAPH800 to test with, that does not have service. Voice works fine, but I haven't been able to test data - is that your problem? I read some people having issues with data, but I really need you guys with service on the device to step up to the plate and start troubleshooting the data issues. I did what I could to get hyc logs to fix the issue, and hyc did a great job of fixing. Now someone else will need to do what I did and work with the devs, providing logs of issues. I can be a liaison as I always have been, just let me know.

Squirrels

Apr 6, 2010
Oshkosh, WI
what kinda logs are you looking for. point me in the direction. I currently have tried resetting APN to defaults and manually entering US Cellular's APN info without success on getting data working.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
what kinda logs are you looking for. point me in the direction. I currently have tried resetting APN to defaults and manually entering US Cellular's APN info without success on getting data working.

USSC... ugh. Don't they require a proxy to connect to the 'net?

Either way, the GetLogs app makes it really easy. It's in AndroidApps/Other. Grab all three, although I'll probably only need radio logcat and regular logcat.

Reactions: Squirrels

Squirrels

Apr 6, 2010
Oshkosh, WI
not afaik, ive always had the APN i used to use with proxy blank and i dont set proxy field in winmo either. I'll get those apps installed and get you some results. Other than the data, the sound issues that I have always had are still present (no sound unless i make a call and then boot android). I'll post as much detail as i can.

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
I only did System and Radio, but here's my GetLog output.

It's strange. I had everything working last night and this morning. Then I drove to work and it wouldn't wake up. Now I get no radio at all.

I used the FRX06 with the FRX07 system.ext2, the 0805 kernel and the RIL fix. I really thought I was onto something.

Attachments

• data.7z
    17 KB · Views: 8

Squirrels

Apr 6, 2010
Oshkosh, WI
funny story, today it decided to boot with sound without interaction, didnt work yesterday. either way, installed sdk and such on work computer. Will get around to installing the getlog apk later once i grab a usb cable.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
not afaik, ive always had the APN i used to use with proxy blank and i dont set proxy field in winmo either. I'll get those apps installed and get you some results. Other than the data, the sound issues that I have always had are still present (no sound unless i make a call and then boot android). I'll post as much detail as i can.

Uhm... sound issues? We're dealing with an updated RIL here, what does that have to do with sound?

I certainly don't have that issue on my tester RAPH800, if you have such issues let's find the appropriate place to report them...

I only did System and Radio, but here's my GetLog output.

It's strange. I had everything working last night and this morning. Then I drove to work and it wouldn't wake up. Now I get no radio at all.

I used the FRX06 with the FRX07 system.ext2, the 0805 kernel and the RIL fix. I really thought I was onto something.

I would not recommend mixing & matching. Please use FRX07 with the additional stuff listed in the first post of this thread. Might as well update your rootfs to the newest as well.

funny story, today it decided to boot with sound without interaction, didnt work yesterday. either way, installed sdk and such on work computer. Will get around to installing the getlog apk later once i grab a usb cable.

That's the beauty of GetLogs - you don't need a USB cable, the SDK, any of it. Just run the app, and you can either put logs onto the SD card or upload 'em directly to pastebin. Obviously you'll need some sort of network cxn on the phone to upload directly to pastebin. The SD card option, you can just put the logs on the SD, then reboot to WinMo and pull the logs off just as you would update Android. SD card reader, USB cable to phone, pick your poison.

Squirrels

Apr 6, 2010
Oshkosh, WI
Yeah i have it installed now and the log generated. I'll scour the workplace for a mini-usb cable but i'll probably have to dig in my truck for one so i can upload it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

There's a new RIL that should resolve all issues with old RAPH/DIAM's. Data, the works! Let me know if it works for everyone. This latest RIL is from schteve, who enabled data functionality on older radios based on hyc's work.

Without further rambling, here's how to install it:

• Take the .zip that's attached and extract it to your SD card - either the root of the card, or in a folder, just note where you put it. You should have one file, libhtcgeneric-ril.so.
    • Go to your froyo.user.conf file (in the conf directory where you run HaRET.exe from to start FRX07...) Edit this file, preferably with Notepad++ (regular Notepad in Windows will make the lines a big jumble...)
    • In the CustomCommands section, put this command:
      Code:
      mount --bind /sdcard/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so
    • Boot!

If the editing the froyo.user.conf file is daunting, I've also attached one. Please change the filename from froyo.user.conf.txt to froyo.user.conf.

Both the command above, and the one I've attached assumes you have placed the libhtcgeneric-ril.so file is a the root of your SD card - no folders. Change the /sdcard/ side to /sdcard/mods/libhtcgeneric-ril.so if you have it in a folder called 'mods' which is at the root of the SD.
    Alrighty folks! Let me know how it goes. I don't have data on my tester phone, so hopefully that works - also let me know if you can get a location using netloc (not GPS or wifi location, cell-tower location...) in Google Maps or something else that supports it. Please report any other issues related as well...

Edit - and MMS! Let me know if that works now as well... probably will need to enter in APN info in order to send.
    ** This is a cross post from here. **

I've done some hacking on hyc's RIL and have data working on my Touch Pro. I'm running this modified RIL on top of FRX7.1, which is really sweet BTW. However, this is on a frankenstein TP: it's a Sprint branded TP (RAPH800), but running on Verizon's network, with a Verizon Radio (1.03.09V). So, I don't know if my mods are going to work with other radios or on other networks.

I've attached the modified libhtcgeneric-ril.so in a zip file. On my TP, I did the following:

1) Placed the .so in the root of the SD card
    2) Did the "mount trick" by adding this to froyo.user.conf:
    mount --bind /sdcard/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so.

I'm happy to look at logs if it doesn't work. I've got some code cleanup to do anyway.
    This is interesting and frustrating all at the same time.. I'm very intregued. <LOL>

Thanks! I'll be looking for future updates on this and hopefully have a fully functional TP running XDAndroid soon. :)

Yea, it can be maddening at times.

Have you never used XDAndroid on your RAPH800 before FRX07? If that's the case, I would definitely try 06. I'm trying to work out the bugs in 07, but since no one tested really at all on these older devices, and the length between 06&07... quite a lot changed, and for better or worse the device kinda got left behind with the initial 07 release. I'm doing my damnedest to get it workin for your phones... but it's not easy.
    Thanks arrrghhh,my DIAM500 works well, except data.Here is my log.

Got it. FRX07, kernel 0805, RIL fix and rootfs from 7/27. Correct?

Radio works, but data doesn't.

Thanks guys. Definitely seeing data-related failures. Going to pass these onto hyc, hopefully he'll know what to fix ;).

Bushrod - just saw yours. Sounds like you've got the right stuff, I'll pass these on as well!