[13/06][WIP][ROM/Port][GalaxyComb][Android 3.0 Honeycomb][v0.2]

Search This thread

chiledog

Oct 12, 2007
Yeah, I've heard the market can have a mean tendency to rely on other google apps to work correctly.
Glad you were able to sort it out dude and even more glad you came back to tell us.
It'll be very useful info for anyone else that runs into the issue.

Thanks for your support.

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Yeah, it gets annoying because for example you just want maps on your phone, but it installs navigation and latitude as well. I wish Google would seperate the programs to save filling phones with bloatware.

Oh and Chile, did you get my pm about stats? I'm not sure if it sent because my PC was playing up last night.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: chiledog

chiledog

Oct 12, 2007
Yes I did thanks dude. I keep meaning to reply but keep getting distracted.
Hehe, you thought yesterday was a big bw day. How about now with two releases?
Anyway thanks for that dude, really interesting to see the stats.
I had no idea there was that much bw being used.

Last edited:

tennandcoz1

Feb 28, 2011
Found a work around for phone.there is a app called nettalk ,free on the market.it even gives you a dialer.works only with wifi.the better your wifi signal the better it works.I can confirm it works very well.I have only tried out going calls.hope this helps some.P.S.Iam on a vibrant,don't know if this matters or not.

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperVibeCM7 using XDA App

Last edited:

migamax

Jan 9, 2011
Khartoum
OMG it's arabic supported !!! we waited for arabic support from samsung like 4ever be4 they deploy JPJV6 earlier this month just waitin 4 the Call app and i will use it 4 daily basis it has some lags but it's fine :)

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Yes I did thanks dude. I keep meaning to reply but keep getting distracted.
Hehe, you thought yesterday was a big bw day. How about now with two releases?
Anyway thanks for that dude, really interesting to see the stats.
I had no idea there was that much bw being used.

I'll pm you the latest stats, and will upload another screengrab tonight, but it's safe to say that we've almost matched the stats for yesterday as far as visits go, and we're only half way through the day!

vamp6x6x6x

Aug 21, 2010
www.iandroidandmore.com
Wow, as soon as music player, camera, and making phone calls(and recieveing them) works I ma ready to make this my daily driver on my Samsung Vibrant.

Also, how do games look? I mean I was a little worried since I remember that in honeycomb the soft buttons stay at the bottom of the screen at all times. I mean, I dont want my game to look smashed.

EsotericSYN

May 16, 2011
Orlando
I'm sorry if this has already been reported, but On Captivate I expereinced issues with the auto rotation, and the audio. My temporary fix is to disable auto rotate, but when it's on it can become frustrating. It is always 270 degrees off from it should be I believe. Also I can play a song, but no audio comes out of the speaker. I haven't tried with a headphone yet. Other then that, blazing fast with great GPS and mobile network. Great job guys!

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Hey Haloruler, did that update script work for you in version 0.2 without any issues? If it did then I'll add it in for a cappy/vibrant release.

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
I'm sorry if this has already been reported, but On Captivate I expereinced issues with the auto rotation, and the audio. My temporary fix is to disable auto rotate, but when it's on it can become frustrating. It is always 270 degrees off from it should be I believe. Also I can play a song, but no audio comes out of the speaker. I haven't tried with a headphone yet. Other then that, blazing fast with great GPS and mobile network. Great job guys!

The reason you are having problems with the autorotation, buttons, and headphone is because of the fact that the kernel in the HoneyComb port is designed for the i9000.

I dont think anyone has yet, but the only way a phone such as the Captivate would be able to obtain these features is with a reoriented kernel which would fix the rotational problems, map the buttons for the Captivate, and then fix the audio out. I am also a Captivate user, but just try to fiddle with the button mapping and stuff.

For now just disable autorotation and dont play music on your phone : D. But I wouldnt be surprised to see some Captivate kernel devs putting out a reoriented one soon.

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Worked for others, so go right ahead. I haven't tested it yet myself, but I have gotten confirmations.

Apparently the updater-script fix allows it to work with the vibrant as well, but im just waiting on confirmation of that with 0.2 being released. If it doesn't work I think it'll need a new kernel to make it work correctly.

Haloruler64

Aug 11, 2010
Daly City
Apparently the updater-script fix allows it to work with the vibrant as well, but im just waiting on confirmation of that with 0.2 being released. If it doesn't work I think it'll need a new kernel to make it work correctly.

It works on the Captivate for sure, there are confirmations in the thread. Except for autorotation and the standard i9000 issues, it works fine. Those need a new kernel. But it does run.

Segnaro

Aug 5, 2010
It'll install and boot, but Captivate and Vibrant will need their own kernels for some things to work properly.

ktuluz

Sep 1, 2010
Coffs Harbour
twitter.com
very interested in this. :) so as i read it OS sees signal.. ? just no dialer? is there a 3g 10.1 tab out ? with phone dailer? would prob be a good starting point if one exists.

Is this AOSP/ from source? would like to sync repo and have a look into this.. looks like 3.0 / 3.1 could work well with the SGS.

cantIntoCode

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 29, 2010
Glasgow
very interested in this. :) so as i read it OS sees signal.. ? just no dialer? is there a 3g 10.1 tab out ? with phone dailer? would prob be a good starting point if one exists.

Is this AOSP/ from source? would like to sync repo and have a look into this.. looks like 3.0 / 3.1 could work well with the SGS.

There is no honeycomb sauce. This is built from the SDK image.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we are guys!!

We made the revolution!!! :D :D

We have Android Honeycomb 3.0 for our GalaxyS... :)

THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR DAILY USAGE!!! JUST FOR A TEST PURPOSE!!

What's working
    line.png

tick.png
    GPS
    tick.png
    HW3D
    tick.png
    Amazing speed
    tick.png
    Internal SD
    tick.png
    Phone (SMS ,Signal)
    tick.png
    Data
    tick.png
    Audio
    tick.png
    WiFi

What isn't working
    line.png

cross.png
    Phone (call)
    cross.png
    Bluetooth

Flash procedure NEW!!!!!!!
    line.png

(Exactly like a 7.1 CM7/MIUI ROM)

For a new ROM:

1. Be sure that you're based on a Froyo FW! CRUCIAL.
    2. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    3. (Optional) Go to recovery and make a Nandroid backup
    4. Choose "mounts & storage" and format system, data, cache
    5. Flash GalaxyComb.

To update or flash from CM7/MIUI:
    1. Format /system /data /cache /datadata
    2. Just flash the .zip and reboot

download.png
    Download
    line.png

DOWNLOAD LINK :

GalaxyComb v0.2

Changelogs
    line.png

• GalaxyComb 0.2:
      line.png
      • WiFi WORKING!!
      • Audio WORKING!!
      • Increased free RAM and speed
      • New base build
      • APN Auto Set Fix

Video
    line.png

Here

Credits
    line.png

• K&C Team (Kenia1234, Chiledog)
    • Codeworkx, Coolya (and all CM7 team) nothing could be there without their hard work!
    • Bypass23 (Look at this post)
    • lttldvl for his great help with the hosting and his site
    • Galaxxxy for his video!

Enjoy the sensation!! :D

PS to Devs : Feel free to take my work...but just credit me!!

Reserved for future use
    Reserved for future use!!
    Posted a couple of screenshots here :D
    I've tried honeycomb on SGS now :)

First of all, it's great that we can boot the ROM itself. It's definitely a breakthrough IMO :)

However, as the devs mentioned, it's nowhere near daily usable. The problem (obviously) is that this ROM is not built for phone. So everything is very small :)

Addition to this is that our SGSs doesn't have retina display. So, the small words look crippled and ugly. The screen seems to miss some parts of the screen (resolution problem I'm guessing) since I can't see everything on my SGS just generally.

That's about it... It's not really usable, but that was expected :)