2,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,780

By paxChristos, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd June 2012, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2012, 03:40 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
no logcat on jelly bean
Any way to get logcat to work on jelly bean ?
9th July 2012, 03:52 PM |#22  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Nice guide. Definitely sharing!!

Don't be a noob. Be a newbie..!!
Details here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaaan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaaan Ad-Free
13th July 2012, 10:24 AM |#23  
Flag JAGATSINGHPUR
Thanks Meter: 1,425

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Many many Thanks For Great Tutorial ........ bookmarked ........... Really helpful For Me and All XDA User......
The Following User Says Thank You to manoranjan2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manoranjan2050 Ad-Free
13th July 2012, 03:59 PM |#24  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag West Bend

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroledragon

Any way to get logcat to work on jelly bean ?

Some of the ports have it working, but not all. I believe it's up to the Rom devs to get it working (I don't have access to any jelly bean ports yet, so I can't comment on how to get it working.)

Pax

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2012, 05:14 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
For some reason while streaming music, ever so often, completely randomly my bluetooth will stop responding. In quick settings the option is completely grayed out and when looking at it in settings it will just hang on "turning bluetooth on". The only way to bring it back would be to reboot.

I am getting a bit tired of this and the rom chefs are kinda ignoring my questions regarding this problem. So I want to take the initiative and start investigating myself. So I would like to know if it would be possible for me to specifically log this error in its current state(when bluetooth is non responsive) because it would be impossible for me to log the phone while i'm in the car. I understand how to get the log going, and I understand the switches, but is there anything specific you can recommend I look at?

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
14th July 2012, 05:40 AM |#26  
Flag West Bend

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01

For some reason while streaming music, ever so often, completely randomly my bluetooth will stop responding. In quick settings the option is completely grayed out and when looking at it in settings it will just hang on "turning bluetooth on". The only way to bring it back would be to reboot.

I am getting a bit tired of this and the rom chefs are kinda ignoring my questions regarding this problem. So I want to take the initiative and start investigating myself. So I would like to know if it would be possible for me to specifically log this error in its current state(when bluetooth is non responsive) because it would be impossible for me to log the phone while i'm in the car. I understand how to get the log going, and I understand the switches, but is there anything specific you can recommend I look at?

Thanks.

Check links in OP for alogcat or catlog, if you want an app to dump to sdcard, or use terminal emulator (or similar app.) It's covered in the OP

14th July 2012, 11:30 AM |#27  
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:

Thanks.

Best way to do it is connecting the phone to computer, use 'adb logcat', and repeat the behavior for hanging. Add you say, the only way to 'revive'the device is by reboot, when you do this, logcat will stop the session and error should appear at the last lines...

Sent from my LG-P350 using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2012, 05:40 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Check links in OP for alogcat or catlog, if you want an app to dump to sdcard, or use terminal emulator (or similar app.) It's covered in the OP

I understand the process for capturing a log. But that's not the question. The question was, how can I go about isolating only bluetooth related activity in the log and can I log an error after it has already happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarrera

Best way to do it is connecting the phone to computer, use 'adb logcat', and repeat the behavior for hanging. Add you say, the only way to 'revive'the device is by reboot, when you do this, logcat will stop the session and error should appear at the last lines...

Sent from my LG-P350 using Tapatalk 2

This only happens in my car and it would be a little impractical to ride around with the laptop connected to my phone. Thats why I asked if I can capture the error after it has already happened and the bluetooth is in its frozen state.

For example. If I were to open a terminal on the phone, any idea what command I can use to turn on or turn off the bluetooth module? I am sure if I ran that command while the bluetooth was frozen it would give an error that I can capture.
14th July 2012, 05:59 PM |#29  
Flag West Bend

More
Quote:

I understand the process for capturing a log. But that's not the question. The question was, how can I go about isolating only bluetooth related activity in the log and can I log an error after it has already happened?

My suggestion then would be to dump the entire log to sd, and search for E/BlueTooth* in the logs that should pop up when the issue occurs, and then become use terminal emulator and do the following
[code]
logcat V:<name of BlueTooth thread crashing>, <V:any other BlueTooth threads, there can be multiple> *:S > BlueTooth-crash.txt

Pax

The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paxChristos Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 02:15 PM |#30  

More
Excellent.

I will start with this and report back if I get stuck. Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saml01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saml01 Ad-Free
20th July 2012, 07:34 PM |#31  
Flag OnePlus City
Thanks Meter: 1,477

More
Hi guys, I wondered if somebody could help me. I am having an issue with my wifi at boot up. How can I isolate wifi related errors in the logcat? Appreciate any help

Sent from my Paranoid Android Galaxy SII
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to logcat, logcat, logcat guide, troubleshooting guide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)