FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,700 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,282

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2013, 11:11 PM |#21  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 231

More
ADBsync
Osmosis,

I am trying to implement the ADBsync.bat referenced in your sig and in this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate the android-compiled zip binary and a couple of the GNUWin32 binaries you are using. Can you post these or provide updated links?

Thanks.
19th May 2013, 03:12 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
You don't need the zip binary unless you use Pulse as a news app. If not, then just comment that section out with :: and don't worry about it. If so, then I linked to all those things in my post already, but here are direct links:

Extract the zip binary from arzbahtia's gradient fix cwm: http://www.mediafire.com/?7a4erfrvpbvycv7
Then there are a couple gnu32 projects that should work:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
19th May 2013, 07:13 PM |#23  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Yes, I do use pulse. I was expecting a direct link to the zip binary itself and I likely never would have tried looking for it inside the CWM gradient fix.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to demlv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demlv Ad-Free
22nd May 2013, 05:18 AM |#24  
Phx, AZ
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Just wanted to say thanks to osmosis and the team for the 950iotweaks. I installed over kubo(rubik) kernel and for the first time ever got 3 hours 11 mins screen on time. That's on Toro, stock 15 month old battery. Yeah.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klobkelosh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klobkelosh Ad-Free
22nd May 2013, 12:14 PM |#25  
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 23

More
thanks for the scripts, use some from here:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One V
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sawaldibali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sawaldibali Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 04:44 PM |#26  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Bump
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsua98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitsua98 Ad-Free
29th May 2013, 06:07 PM |#27  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Updated the adbsync sdcard backup automation post with the workaround for an adbsync bug where some files get pulled down to the root of the working drive. Requires the GNUWin32 cp.exe as well, if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Edit: Hmm.. looks like there's an issue with deleting old removed files too, looking into it.

Edit 2: Okay I think I got it now. It wasn't differentiating between H (host only) and H> (host is newer than android) in the adbsync output. Of course the latter shouldn't happen with our usage case, but since we're copying things around and adbsync has the occasional issue with file times it's definitely possible and needed the support. Also fixed support for files/directories with spaces.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2013, 04:27 AM |#28  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 1,631

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsua98

Bump

Tag your it

One ROM @ a time....VIA ELECTRICITY
The Following User Says Thank You to chillybean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chillybean Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 04:28 AM |#29  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillybean

Tag your it

One ROM @ a time....VIA ELECTRICITY

Woahhhhhhhhhhhh!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitsua98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitsua98 Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 11:19 PM |#30  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Updated the adbsync sdcard backup automation post with the workaround for an adbsync bug where some files get pulled down to the root of the working drive. Requires the GNUWin32 cp.exe as well, if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Two questions:

1) I think I grabbed the updated script, but I don't see cp.exe referenced in it. Is it really there?

2) Is there a straightforward way to do the reverse of what the script does? I want to ADB push a folder's contents recursively to the phone (so that all subfolders and their contents are placed on the phone).

Thanks for any input....

EDIT: May have noticed a bit of trouble. Script is removing old files/folders on PC but only in sdcard/0/. New nandroids found in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup get added to the PC but old ones already deleted from the phone are not deleted on the PC side. Is that by design?
1st June 2013, 04:36 AM |#31  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demlv

Two questions:

1) I think I grabbed the updated script, but I don't see cp.exe referenced in it. Is it really there?

2) Is there a straightforward way to do the reverse of what the script does? I want to ADB push a folder's contents recursively to the phone (so that all subfolders and their contents are placed on the phone).

Thanks for any input....

EDIT: May have noticed a bit of trouble. Script is removing old files/folders on PC but only in sdcard/0/. New nandroids found in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup get added to the PC but old ones already deleted from the phone are not deleted on the PC side. Is that by design?

1) Yeah it's in the new "workaround" part. Line 16-17.

2) If you don't require the syncing then you should just do a normal adb push, right?

Yeah adbsync.exe fails to report that some files are Host only in the log so my batch script doesn't know about them to delete them. Known issue. Otherwise it seems to work pretty well.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)