[SKIN][04.07.2011] Skins for Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 roms.

Search This thread

seabhac

Oct 6, 2010
Same issue here. Phone DL calls it a name .bin and transferred from my computer says it can't be installed as an apk. Running stock Rom rooted. Used astro to find and run it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premiu m App

excalibur7683

Jun 14, 2011
Guymon Oklahoma
Since Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 skins are no longer cross device compatibile with Thunderbolt 4G, I created/ported skins to work with it.

Rule1: You MUST have permission to edit and post anywhere my skins. Reposting skins is NOT allowed. Read xda forum rules point 12.

Rule2: I will not fulfill personal requests, but I'm open for intelligent sugestions.

FAQ:

Changelog:

Credits:
I can not install these apk on my HTC Thunderbolt, have used Astro, tried tranfersing using dropbox and emailing them to my phone, down loaded an app installer,made sure Unknown Sources for apps was turned on. the details say it can not open it as an APK File. But i am seeing all the folders that come with it if i browse files ( assets, Meta-inf, res, android manifest, resources) I have tried the following skins- Metro 2.1T.apk , Carbon Fiber 2.1T.apk, Glass Sense2.1T.apk , MIUI 2.1T.apk Any suggestions?

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
I found that any of then I download using the XDA app have no problem installing. Might work for others.

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
Not to start any heated battle, but is there anything to explain why the few skins that Gadget ported over to 2.1 for Thunderbolt don't have the issues that these do? I have no issue with installing just with the ghosting as noted before. Again I know you stated that is a ROM issue since the UOT fix did not work, but the couple that Gadget ported over work great and have no ghosting issues with any GB ROM I am running? Was something different done with his compared to these?

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Not to start any heated battle, but is there anything to explain why the few skins that Gadget ported over to 2.1 for Thunderbolt don't have the issues that these do? I have no issue with installing just with the ghosting as noted before. Again I know you stated that is a ROM issue since the UOT fix did not work, but the couple that Gadget ported over work great and have no ghosting issues with any GB ROM I am running? Was something different done with his compared to these?

Is gadget's skins have transparent statusbar? In mine skins almost all have transparent statusbar (png that is transarent, have alpha channel), that is why you have ghosting effect. If you use skin with solid, non transparent statusbar then it will be ok.

I can not install these apk on my HTC Thunderbolt, have used Astro, tried tranfersing using dropbox and emailing them to my phone, down loaded an app installer,made sure Unknown Sources for apps was turned on. the details say it can not open it as an APK File. But i am seeing all the folders that come with it if i browse files ( assets, Meta-inf, res, android manifest, resources) I have tried the following skins- Metro 2.1T.apk , Carbon Fiber 2.1T.apk, Glass Sense2.1T.apk , MIUI 2.1T.apk Any suggestions?

I really don't know why they are working for some people and for other don't:confused:, but it's always some progress from "not working for all";)

Last edited:

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
They must not be transparent. Looking at them and switching back and forth everything as far as the status bar looks the same. The pulldown is transparent and the status bar is black on both. You can't see the wallpaper through the status bar on anything that I have gotten from here or the couple from Gadgets post. Weird.. Oh well back to the drawing board. I just got to find time to really dig deep and teach myself more on messing around with the framework and try to get it resolved. I do appreciate the time that you have put into these. They look great if I can just figure out the ghost thing it will be perfect.

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
They must not be transparent. Looking at them and switching back and forth everything as far as the status bar looks the same. The pulldown is transparent and the status bar is black on both. You can't see the wallpaper through the status bar on anything that I have gotten from here or the couple from Gadgets post. Weird.. Oh well back to the drawing board. I just got to find time to really dig deep and teach myself more on messing around with the framework and try to get it resolved. I do appreciate the time that you have put into these. They look great if I can just figure out the ghost thing it will be perfect.

Best way is to take stock, for example, Desire HD: framework-res.apk, com.htc.resources.apk & SystemUI.apk. Upload them to UOT Kitchen, enable transparency only and let it cook. Then, when you have stock and modified with transparency frameworks, decompile both and find in xmls where exactly modification is. When found, apply it to Thunderbolt framework.

Or ask your rom chef to do this for you:p

Reactions: wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks sopL87 .. will see what I can fish up when I can find the time.. Had this whole thing worked out for the D1. Just need to teach myself HTC ways.. appreciate the advice for sure.. :)

mzimand

Jan 29, 2010
To the people having trouble installing with Astro, try to use Root Explorer. I have run into this problem with Astro in several ROMS and each time I did I was able to install the skin using Root Explorer.

FYI- Astro worked for me on Bamf 2.0-5

arh2o

Jun 10, 2011
ROOT CITY
Ditto, I even tried downloading it via the XDA app but no luck. Astro is saying it can not open it as an APK file. So odd, anyone know how to install these?

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
I just downloaded through XDA app. When the download was complete it asked me if I wanted to install. The same way if you were to get an app from the market. However since then I have wiped phone and can still install. I use root explorer. Find them on my SD card click and install. I have used about 5 of them. No problems with any as far as installing. Just the ghosting issue that has been discussed over and over...

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Update.

New skin added: Burgundy. Updated skin: distINCtion Inversion. Enjoy:D

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
Alright now I am in buisness to so some serious skin downloads. Droid Theory GB ROM has got the transparent status worked in so these skins go over just right. Flashed the status bar back to white and ready to get these going. To touch back on anyone having issues, these work for me going through the XDA app to download and then install through root explorer. If you are having ghosting issues so far Gingeritis and Bamf gave me issues with trying to get the transparent status bar. Droid Theory works great. Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: sopL87

ucpro

Aug 12, 2009
orlando
i keep getting errors when i try to install. it says "there is a problem parsing parsing the package"

das bamf 1.7
tried to install with root explorer

Benny879

Dec 19, 2009
Maybe its just me, but are the transparent widgets supposed to have the "ghosting" effect also? Is there a way to fix that also? It looks like there's double backgrounds. I really want the Sense 3 skin but I can live with the widget shadowing. It's really noticeable in the header of the widget pictured here:

attachment.php

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Maybe its just me, but are the transparent widgets supposed to have the "ghosting" effect also? Is there a way to fix that also? It looks like there's double backgrounds. I really want the Sense 3 skin but I can live with the widget shadowing. It's really noticeable in the header of the widget pictured here:

attachment.php

If you haven't realised yet this widget background is present in each skin. It's not changeable by skin. It's located in com.htc.resources.apk and can be changed only via modification of this file.

i keep getting errors when i try to install. it says "there is a problem parsing parsing the package"

das bamf 1.7
tried to install with root explorer

Did you saw post above? Why you people don't read FAQ in the first post. It's there to help noobs, but you just download and then complain about something obvious.

Alright now I am in buisness to so some serious skin downloads. Droid Theory GB ROM has got the transparent status worked in so these skins go over just right. Flashed the status bar back to white and ready to get these going. To touch back on anyone having issues, these work for me going through the XDA app to download and then install through root explorer. If you are having ghosting issues so far Gingeritis and Bamf gave me issues with trying to get the transparent status bar. Droid Theory works great. Just my 2 cents...

Big thanks for those informations, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created/ported skins for HTC Sense 2.1 (Gingerbread) roms and decided to share my work. Since Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 skins are no longer cross device compatibile, these skins are for Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S, Desire Z and Desire S latest OTAs.

Rule1: You MUST have permission to edit and post anywhere my skins. Reposting skins is NOT allowed. Read xda forum rules point 12.

Rule2: I will not fulfill personal requests, but I'm open for intelligent sugestions.

FAQ:
    Q: Skins for my Froyo Sense rom don't work.
    A: Skins for Froyo HTC Sense 2.0 are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=801928

Q: Skins for my Gingerbread Sense rom don't work.
    A: Skins in this thread are for Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S (reported here to work with Gingerbread Sense 2.1 rom), Desire Z (reported here to work with Gingerbread Sense 2.1 rom) and Desire S (reported here to work with Gingerbread Sense 2.1 rom) Gingerbread Sense 2.1 and they will not work on other Sense 2.1 roms. If your rom is based on Desire HD or any other older Gingerbread framework, then skins for it are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048894

Q: I like your skins so I post "THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!!!!!!!"
    A: I am doing this to please you all. If someone want to thank me, then at the bottom of every post is "THANKS" button, so it's not necessary to post 'thanks posts', keep thread clear. But from other side it's also very motivating for me:p

Q: How to install skin?
    A: Well, just install:p (download skin, move it to phone's SD card and with any file manager install it).

Q: How to uninstall skin?
    A: Go to Skin Picker (menu where you are choosing skins), press "Menu" button and choose "Delete" option.

Q: Statusbar icons/date are still visible after they are turned off (ghost effect).
    A: It's a rom related problem, not fault of the skin. You need to push modified SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk: go to http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ and the only mod you want is under the 'Status bar' bookmark, tick 'Enable transparency in status bar' and click 'Generate preview'. Go to 'File upload' bookmark and in 'upload your own files' upload SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk from your rom. When your's three files upload to the site go to 'Summary' bookmark, click 'Submit work to kitchen', wait till site cook it and download your now flashable .zip file. Flash it via Clockwork Recovery. Now transparency in all skins will be ok.

Q: Why flip clock don't flip?
    A: When flipping animation is on flip clock is using some stock white .pngs for it that are placed in the rom. When clock in the skin is changed then for flip animation the same stock .pngs are used which resulting in glitches. That is why every skin with stock clock will have enabled flip animation and those skins with custom clocks will not.

Q: Why skin is not changing all .pngs that I want?
    A: Skins have limited capability in theming look of rom - this is the downside compared to flashable theme. For pros: skins are easy to create, they're covering most of the look of rom, they're light, you don't need root, they're quickly changeable (don't need to reset).

Q: Why skin is downloading as ".bin" file?
    A: Because you are using browser in your phone to download skin. Use your PC browser to download or use XDA official Android app and download via it.

Q: I created my skin and after installation it restarts whole system or some stock apps.
    A: Check each of .pngs if they are properly named. Couple of times for me skin was restarting whole system because I had double spacebar in one of the names of one .png.

Q: Where did you get those fancy folder icons?
    A: Icons: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=646967 & http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=604469. App for folders is SiMi Folder Pro (also Folder Organizer is great).

Changelog:
    Code:
    [Update 04.07.2011] New skin added: Meizu.

[Update 17.06.2011] New skin added: Burgundy. Updated skin: distINCtion Inversion.

[Update 13.06.2011] Ported all skins to work with Thunderbolt Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1. New skin added: distINCtion Inversion.

[Update 17.05.2011] New skin added: Blue Sky.

[Update 14.05.2011] New skin added: MIUI.

[Update 11.05.2011] Updated skin: S3nsation.

[Update 07.05.2011] New skin added: S3nsation.

[Update 24.04.2011] Updated all skins to work on Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1.

[Update 08.03.2011] New skin added: Glass Sense.

[Update 02.03.2011] New skin added: Xperiansed Arc.

[Update 18.02.2011] New skin added: Honeybread.

[Update 11.02.2011] New skins added: Black n Bold & PCB Sense.

[Update 23.01.2011] New skin added: Radiant Acid.

[Update 14.01.2011] New skin added: DroXense.

[Update 07.01.2011] New skin added: GalaXense.

[Update 29.12.2010] New skin added: Xperiansed.

[Update 12.12.2010] Updated skin: Metro.

[Update 11.12.2010] New skin added: Metro.

[Update 07.12.2010] New skin added: Gingerbread.

[Update 28.11.2010] New skin added: LEOnidas.

[Update 23.11.2010] New skin added: distINCtion.

[Update 21.11.2010] Updated skin: Froyo.

[Update 20.11.2010] New skin added: Froyo. Updated skins: rEVOlution.

[Update 13.11.2010] New skin added: Acid Rosie. Updated skins: All skins except Black Espresso.

[Update 11.11.2010] New skin added: AuraxTSense.

[Update 09.11.2010] New skin added: Black Espresso. Updated skin: MattedBlues.

[Update 04.11.2010] New skin added: rEVOlution.

[Update 01.11.2010] New skin added: Purple Detox. Updated skin: Carbon Fiber.

[Update 29.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Fiber. Updated skin: MattedBlues. 

[Update 28.10.2010] New skin added: MattedBlues.

[Update 26.10.2010] New skin added: Safari HD. Updated skins: Ruby HD, Wildflower HD, RedRocks HD.

[Update 23.10.2010] New skin added: RedRocks HD.

[Update 22.10.2010] New skin added: Wildflower HD.

[Update 20.10.2010] New skin added: Ruby HD.

[Update 17.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Espresso.

[Update 16.10.2010 again] Updated OBsensed skin.

[Update 16.10.2010] New skin added: CommonSense.

[Update 15.10.2010] Updated TronSense skin.

[Update 13.10.2010] New skin added: TronSense.

[Update 11.10.2010 again] Skins are installable like every .apk.

[Update 11.10.2010] New skins are working without disabling original skins:)

[Update 10.10.2010] New skin added: OBsensed. Cosmetic upgade for RogueSense skin.

[Initial release 07.10.2010] First skin added: RogueSense.

Credits:
    Themes: RogueSense, OBsensed, TronSense, CommonSense, are originally created by Cubanaso, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.
    Link to his thread:CLICK

Themes: Carbon Espresso and Black Espresso are originally created by BrightSilence, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: MattedBlues is originally created by jabbawalkee, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Carbon Fiber is originally created by trinityEon, I ported it, changed it color from original green to orange and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: rEVOlution is originally created by manup456, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Detox is originally created by Cubanaso, I ported it, changed it color from original green to purple and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: AuraxTSense is originally created by NeoPhyTe.x360, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Themes: Acid Rosie and Radiant Acid are originally created by NCX Designs, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Themes: Ruby, Wildflower, RedRocks, Safari are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Glacier [myTouch 4G] roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: distINCtion is originally created by USAsokr, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: PCB Sense is originally created by scar45, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Black n Bold is originally created by Devildog8791 and thebowers from droidforums, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Honeybread is originally created by haxzamatic, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Glass Sense is originally created by esk02k, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Skins: Blue Sky and Burgundy are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Sense 3.0 roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Skins: Froyo, Gingerbread, LEOnidas, Metro, Xperiansed, GalaXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), DroXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), Xperiansed Arc, S3nsation, MIUI(thanks to MIUI Developers for original graphics) and Meizu are created by me.

Theme: distINCtion Inversion is originally created by distINCtINC, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

And last but not least, thanks to user evasilisin.
    SKINs download & screenshots.

Screenshots:
    Rogue Sense:
    attachment.php
    OBsensed:
    attachment.php
    TronSense:
    attachment.php

CommonSense:
    attachment.php
    Carbon Espresso:
    attachment.php