[Q] Unusually cheap prices for Note 3 in Sri-Lanka

Search This thread

EmGray

Apr 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm from the UK but I'm currently on vacation in Sri-Lanka and last night I came across a shop selling Note 3's for £100. I held one in my hand and at least exterior wise it seems genuine. On the shelf it was written 'Vietnam version 2'.

At the time I was thinking that it was a scam / stolen merchandise (either a phone switch or a just a shell with no internals) but there are also adverts for similarly priced phones (not just note 3) in the paper as well as online classifieds.

I'm thinking of going back in a couple of days and ask to turn it on and run some benchmarks or something.

Anyone here know what's going on?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Potentially fake, stolen or maybe they've just got lucky.. run the usual tests if they allow you to turn one on.. check download mode, recovery and sensors etc

EmGray

Apr 12, 2014
Potentially fake, stolen or maybe they've just got lucky.. run the usual tests if they allow you to turn one on.. check download mode, recovery and sensors etc

I was thinking of running CPU-Z but have you got any recommendations on apps I could run, I don't think they will allow me to handle the phone for more than a couple of minutes so they should be pretty quick (I did ask if they would let me turn it on and the guy did say it would be ok) .

Entering download mode is just removing the battery then volume down, home and power then a battery pull to cancel right?
Recovery mode is the same as download but with volume up as the first button and from there I can just reboot?

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Download hold power and vol-
Recovery hold power and vol+

No matter if phone is on or off

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
I was thinking of running CPU-Z but have you got any recommendations on apps I could run, I don't think they will allow me to handle the phone for more than a couple of minutes so they should be pretty quick (I did ask if they would let me turn it on and the guy did say it would be ok) .

Entering download mode is just removing the battery then volume down, home and power then a battery pull to cancel right?
Recovery mode is the same as download but with volume up as the first button and from there I can just reboot?

If it is genuine, dial *#0*#

Sent from my SM-N9005

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello everyone,

I'm from the UK but I'm currently on vacation in Sri-Lanka and last night I came across a shop selling Note 3's for £100. I held one in my hand and at least exterior wise it seems genuine. On the shelf it was written 'Vietnam version 2'.

At the time I was thinking that it was a scam / stolen merchandise (either a phone switch or a just a shell with no internals) but there are also adverts for similarly priced phones (not just note 3) in the paper as well as online classifieds.

I'm thinking of going back in a couple of days and ask to turn it on and run some benchmarks or something.

Anyone here know what's going on?

That is probably a fake (and not a good one after the price).

There is an entire thread for that, please read that one first:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574886