HTC Desire SIM-Unlock Utility

Search This thread

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
It worked flawlessly on a Desire bought recently! Thanks alot! After rebooting the phone the actual unlocking took less than 2 seconds! I was just sitting and looking out of my head asking: is it really finished or something more to come?
You really deserve your beer. If you're still here sieempi , i'll buy you one! Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Hi,

I don't understand how to use this utility; can someone provide some instructions for me, please? HTYC Desire HD.

Thanks.
Try to use these instructions i copied back in 2017 from here on XDA:
"To sim unlock your device, you need to have CWM on your device and you need to have adb installed.
It doesn't work with twrp, because adb doesn't work.
Boot your device into cwm. Connect your device to your computer (with the cable), and connect with:
Code:

adb shell

then, type:
Code:

strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p7

The output will be a lot of rubbish, but you need to And In the case of ATRAC3, it was K65151479, so his unlock code was 65151479. I haven't tested this myself, because my device was never sim locked, but it should work.
"
It worked with a couple of Desire 500 tested by myself, but I don't know if it will with your HD. It worth a try...
If it works, pls thank dummie999

tqking

Mar 1, 2018
Elgin, Quebec
HTC Desire 320 needs unlocking

Jan/2019- I am trying to unlock my "HTC Desire 320a".
I have unzipped the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5 and attached the HTC to my Win-10 desktop. I then ran the ADB.exe, and the HTC appeared as a device in my Windows.
But when I ran the HTC-Desire-unlock, the command window just gave:
No device found!
Please enable ADB and connect your phone to the computer!
Waiting for device!... . . . . . endlessly. . . . . . . .

Is there something I am doing wrong?
Thanx.

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
Jan/2019- I am trying to unlock my "HTC Desire 320a".
I have unzipped the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5 and attached the HTC to my Win-10 desktop. I then ran the ADB.exe, and the HTC appeared as a device in my Windows.
But when I ran the HTC-Desire-unlock, the command window just gave:
No device found!
Please enable ADB and connect your phone to the computer!
Waiting for device!... . . . . . endlessly. . . . . . . .

Is there something I am doing wrong?
Thanx.
I have a few questions for you, maybe we can find what causes your problem:
-Do you have CWM installed on your phone?
-Do you have the HTC drivers installed on your PC or just the ADB?
-Did you enable Developer mode on your phone?
-Did you enable ADB in your phone's Developer section?
If something is unclear, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

tangledup61

Account currently disabled
Jan 15, 2019
hi i keep trying the url but it says this page does not exist. is this a uk thing or use different browser

tangledup61

Jan 15, 2019
SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.5

As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:

THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
If you've been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down.
This is the only site I endorse!
Commercial use is forbidden!

The summer holiday brought me some more time, so I decided to update the tool. The latest version works on Windows, takes ~30 seconds and the rate of success is greatly improved (we'll see about that.. :p). Forget about iso and burning. This is still only for Desire (HTC Bravo),though..

Please note! By using the windows version of the app, you ar not required to boot your phone into HBOOT, it will take care of it by itself.

Old stuff (previous versions, linux only):
Burn the iso, boot it, power up your phone into HBOOT by pressing both Vol-Down and Power and follow the instructions.
Post your experiences here for further development. The app doesn't require root or s-off and should work on any hboot and radio version. (it has been tested so far with HBOOT up to 0.93.1000 and RADIO up to 5.14.05.17).
It's based on some vulnerabilities and undocumented features, so disclosing them would mean the greater the chance of them being corrected.
I've only tested it on Desire GSM and I do not recommend using it on CDMA devices; doing otherwise could lead to unpredictable results.

Download link:
Windows version: HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
Bootable linux cd (obsolete!): HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.2a.iso

If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Changelog:
v0.9.5 - beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; not tested, might not work at all.. :p
v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
v0.9.2 - If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
v0.9.1 - dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
v0.9 - major changes; windows version; different approach;
v0.2a - trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything's ok. If it doesn't, start over again until it does.

Hall Of Fame: (donors - thank you, guys!)

dejan.foi, Rhodri, David, Richard, Mirko, cesc1972, bigblue79, Gonzalo, Luka, Mika, Sakisf, Carlos, Clemens, Douglas, andcandela, imranahmed, Vlad, Michal, Andrew, Matt, Andy, Roberto, Mr.X!, Sergio, Nenad, abbeymill, Davide, Stefano, suguru, Grigorov, quini2k, Glennie, Angel, thejinx0r, Lukas, Timothy, Joseph, Mohannad, hacky_fr, hungisaack, Glenn, Jay, Richard P, Alastair, Richard C, Anton V, Daniel, George, Alessandro, unschuldig, Hassan, borjis, Benjamin, rinring, rhaddon, gniann, nick107, pete.j, vlatko, pedro, Marian, Amir, markuese, countzer0, Dave, Ruben, Patrick, David, duliang, Z.Ali, miluch, Tim S, Journet, Mircea!, ThReM, Milos S, Gianmarco P, Nicholas K, Ermin M, Aleksandar P, Michael C, tem_85, Edem N, Mechablast, Jaar T, Andrzej G, Claire Y, Jorge, Zhitenev.L, Tigran S, Christopher, Cepheus0815, random_noise, Alexis, Tatiana, Marian C, Emma R, modesto n, John G, Roland K, Daniel G, Nicolas L.
hi google chrome say url cant be found on this server same with Opera . isill try from america and let you know if its still working if this a country thing ? im in uk ,
Attach files
https://xdaforums.com/attachments/u...=943726&hash=6cbadf49a89fe58d3745fc60e7eb1504

tangledup61

Jan 15, 2019

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
so tryed from america and neverlands and canada ! it seems the link is broken . is there a chance of fixing it hope you can, id love to buy you a pint
It seems that the original file is not available any more, but I still have a copy of it, here it is! Feel free to use it! I might have been renamed it from the original sim unlock to HTC Desire Unlock, but this must be the same thing.

Attachments

• HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.5

As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:

THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
    If you've been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down.
    This is the only site I endorse!
    Commercial use is forbidden!

The summer holiday brought me some more time, so I decided to update the tool. The latest version works on Windows, takes ~30 seconds and the rate of success is greatly improved (we'll see about that.. :p). Forget about iso and burning. This is still only for Desire (HTC Bravo),though..
    Please note! By using the windows version of the app, you ar not required to boot your phone into HBOOT, it will take care of it by itself.

Old stuff (previous versions, linux only):
    Burn the iso, boot it, power up your phone into HBOOT by pressing both Vol-Down and Power and follow the instructions.
    Post your experiences here for further development. The app doesn't require root or s-off and should work on any hboot and radio version. (it has been tested so far with HBOOT up to 0.93.1000 and RADIO up to 5.14.05.17).
    It's based on some vulnerabilities and undocumented features, so disclosing them would mean the greater the chance of them being corrected.
    I've only tested it on Desire GSM and I do not recommend using it on CDMA devices; doing otherwise could lead to unpredictable results.

Download link:
    Windows version: HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
    Bootable linux cd (obsolete!): HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.2a.iso

If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Changelog:
    v0.9.5 - beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; not tested, might not work at all.. :p
    v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
    v0.9.2 - If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
    v0.9.1 - dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
    v0.9 - major changes; windows version; different approach;
    v0.2a - trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything's ok. If it doesn't, start over again until it does.

Hall Of Fame: (donors - thank you, guys!)

dejan.foi, Rhodri, David, Richard, Mirko, cesc1972, bigblue79, Gonzalo, Luka, Mika, Sakisf, Carlos, Clemens, Douglas, andcandela, imranahmed, Vlad, Michal, Andrew, Matt, Andy, Roberto, Mr.X!, Sergio, Nenad, abbeymill, Davide, Stefano, suguru, Grigorov, quini2k, Glennie, Angel, thejinx0r, Lukas, Timothy, Joseph, Mohannad, hacky_fr, hungisaack, Glenn, Jay, Richard P, Alastair, Richard C, Anton V, Daniel, George, Alessandro, unschuldig, Hassan, borjis, Benjamin, rinring, rhaddon, gniann, nick107, pete.j, vlatko, pedro, Marian, Amir, markuese, countzer0, Dave, Ruben, Patrick, David, duliang, Z.Ali, miluch, Tim S, Journet, Mircea!, ThReM, Milos S, Gianmarco P, Nicholas K, Ermin M, Aleksandar P, Michael C, tem_85, Edem N, Mechablast, Jaar T, Andrzej G, Claire Y, Jorge, Zhitenev.L, Tigran S, Christopher, Cepheus0815, random_noise, Alexis, Tatiana, Marian C, Emma R, modesto n, John G, Roland K, Daniel G, Nicolas L.
    I am seeing too many people complaining about driver when there is a very simple solution.

Here is my step by step guide for the windows version that worked for me (thanks to rotmann's comment above):

1. Download and unzip android-usb-driver.zip from sieempi's site : http://www.sieempi.eu/data/download.php?id=4

Also Download and unzip the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar from first post of thread

2. Put phone into HBOOT mode by turning off and then turning on with volume down button held down.

3. After it checked SD card etc. plug USB cable and it should state HBOOT USB PLUG

4. Go into Device manager and look for Android 1.0 Device - right click and select update driver - browser to the folder where you extracted the usb driver and select OK. It should install the driver (select yes to any security prompt)

5. Once the driver is installed, run the adb.exe provided in the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar and a command should open and close (don't know if it is necessary but it worked for me)

6. Run the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.exe - a command prompt should open and it should immediately find the phone - then type y to confirm and press enter.

When finished the command prompt should state DONE! etc. and your phone should reboot - Unlocked :)

This is the method that worked for me, however there are people with later version of HBOOT which need to be downgraded which I can't help you with sorry :(
    That's normal. It'a a security measure.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    Install hboot drivers.
    New link!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App