FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][v1.2][9.11.13]Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper

7,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,043

By -viperboy-, Inactive Recognized Developer on 3rd September 2013, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper

THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEW ROM BASE! I WILL COME UP WITH AN ALTERNATE SOLUTION WHEN I HAVE TIME.

Hey guys, I've put my improving Java skills (thanks college!) to use and made a free app to help you with SIM unlocking your Sprint HTC One. I couldn't think of a good name, but I think the name is self-explanatory I made a post in the General and Q&A threads that involved SIM unlocking, but then I figured it would be best to make a dedicated thread for the app so that (hopefully) I'm not being asked for help with the unlocking process, but just for app issues/suggestions. This will allow your phone to use 3G (HSPA+) and 1900Mhz coverage areas on T-Mobile and AT&T. I'll just copy and paste from Google Play so you don't have to click on a link

Quote:

Quote:

Description
This is a simple ad-free application to aid in SIM Unlocking your Sprint HTC One. SIM Unlocking allows you to use any GSM SIM card in the phone, not just the one that comes with the phone. This allows you to save money with your choice of SIM if you're overseas or to unlock a Sprint HTC One for use with a US GSM carrier.

This app will ONLY work on the Sprint HTC One on a Sense ROM. If you're on a custom ROM, it might not have the HTC hidden menu this app opens for you. AOSP ROMs don't have that either. Please don't try this on any other devices, as the app checks the device it's installed on and will FAIL. Please also make sure you're rooted, the app checks for that as well.

Please don't rate 1 star if the app doesn't work for you, it worked for me 100%. Make sure you read everything here and then contact me, I will help you.

Quote:

Requirements
--------------------
* A ROOTED Sprint HTC One running a Sense ROM.

Quote:

Instructions
--------------------
Launch the app, instructions are provided there.

Quote:

Changelog
v1.2
------
* App opens to API menu directly
* Added more detail to log, such as logcat on successful unlock, changed to .txt extension for easier viewing on device
* After doing SIM unlock, hitting back will tell you if unlock was successful or not
* Added option to reboot if successful
* Added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission (good convention for root apps)
* Added double-tap back to exit
* Code cleanup and improvements

v1.1
------
* Added app loggign to a file (requires permissions WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
* Added ability to email the log file to me (if the app fails). Just tap Menu > Email Log File.
* Added Sense ROM check

v1
------
* Initial Release

Link to Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lockhelperfree

If this method (or similar) works for other One's on different carriers, please let me know and I will make this app compatible with more phones. If you want to try it but you don't know if this method works on your phone, contact me and we'll talk about a test version, but I will not be held liable if you brick your phone.

Please post if you have any issues with the app (you can email me a log from the Menu) or if you have any suggestions. For general SIM unlocking talk, this is not the place for it. Please visit the thread in General or the one in Q&A. Thanks and enjoy
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 05:26 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 05:49 AM |#3  
Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 121

Donate to Me
More
and you told me you weren't interested in sim unlock... ;]
3rd September 2013, 05:55 AM |#4  
Flag Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Okay excuse the noob questions but I just got the phone a couple weeks ago. So what your saying is that this is a Sprint phone that takes SIM cards and I can throw in a AT&T, T-Mobile or one of the off brand carrier's SIM cards and it will work? I'm assuming 3G only right? No 4G or HSPA+?
3rd September 2013, 06:01 AM |#5  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,900

Donate to Me
More
3G is HSPA+ on T-mobile and AT&T but yea you can use it in 1900 Mhz coverage areas on AT&T or T-mobile.
3rd September 2013, 06:03 AM |#6  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadidas4lifex

and you told me you weren't interested in sim unlock... ;]

I'm not interested, since I don't need it. But I thought some of you fine folks might be interested in an easier way to SIM unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by david279

3G is HSPA+ on T-mobile and AT&T but yea you can use it in 1900 Mhz coverage areas on AT&T or T-mobile.

I'm stealing this and putting it in the OP let me know if that's a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 07:29 AM |#7  
Flag kampoeng-evo.com
Thanks Meter: 68

More
very simple

thanks
3rd September 2013, 07:54 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,890

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for sharing viper
I'll add it to the FAQ Guide Q24
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sloth Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 06:53 PM |#9  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,664

More
Thank you Viper!!!
3rd September 2013, 07:59 PM |#10  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 208

More
For the super lazy, maybe add some code to start the app needed and select wcdma for us. :P

Awesome app as is though, thanks!

On the rich man's HTC, sipping on some Moonshine.
3rd September 2013, 09:20 PM |#11  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
Doesn't seem to work on sense 4.2.2 indirect

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)