THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEW ROM BASE! I WILL COME UP WITH AN ALTERNATE SOLUTION WHEN I HAVE TIME.
Hey guys, I've put my improving Java skills (thanks college!) to use and made a free app to help you with SIM unlocking your Sprint HTC One. I couldn't think of a good name, but I think the name is self-explanatory I made a post in the General and Q&A threads that involved SIM unlocking, but then I figured it would be best to make a dedicated thread for the app so that (hopefully) I'm not being asked for help with the unlocking process, but just for app issues/suggestions. This will allow your phone to use 3G (HSPA+) and 1900Mhz coverage areas on T-Mobile and AT&T. I'll just copy and paste from Google Play so you don't have to click on a link
This is a simple ad-free application to aid in SIM Unlocking your Sprint HTC One. SIM Unlocking allows you to use any GSM SIM card in the phone, not just the one that comes with the phone. This allows you to save money with your choice of SIM if you're overseas or to unlock a Sprint HTC One for use with a US GSM carrier.
This app will ONLY work on the Sprint HTC One on a Sense ROM. If you're on a custom ROM, it might not have the HTC hidden menu this app opens for you. AOSP ROMs don't have that either. Please don't try this on any other devices, as the app checks the device it's installed on and will FAIL. Please also make sure you're rooted, the app checks for that as well.
Please don't rate 1 star if the app doesn't work for you, it worked for me 100%. Make sure you read everything here and then contact me, I will help you.
* A ROOTED Sprint HTC One running a Sense ROM.
Launch the app, instructions are provided there.
* App opens to API menu directly
* Added more detail to log, such as logcat on successful unlock, changed to .txt extension for easier viewing on device
* After doing SIM unlock, hitting back will tell you if unlock was successful or not
* Added option to reboot if successful
* Added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission (good convention for root apps)
* Added double-tap back to exit
* Code cleanup and improvements
* Added app loggign to a file (requires permissions WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
* Added ability to email the log file to me (if the app fails). Just tap Menu > Email Log File.
* Added Sense ROM check
* Initial Release
If this method (or similar) works for other One's on different carriers, please let me know and I will make this app compatible with more phones. If you want to try it but you don't know if this method works on your phone, contact me and we'll talk about a test version, but I will not be held liable if you brick your phone.
Please post if you have any issues with the app (you can email me a log from the Menu) or if you have any suggestions. For general SIM unlocking talk, this is not the place for it. Please visit the thread in General or the one in Q&A. Thanks and enjoy