Search This thread

elnad2000

Dec 29, 2012
You can't for now

How can I disable the icon on the status bar.
Even I choose "transparent" there's still a space for the icon.

As j4velin mentions in the FAQ in the app, it's not possible right now because only a Notification Priority 1 app can remove the icon. But other app like Notification Weather (in the Pro version) can remove the icon with a priority 5. So there is a way. I hope J4velin will find out how because that's the only annoying thing about this app. The rest is pure gold. I prefer this app to the built-in Notification toggle of Codename(Android) by miles.

jasonlee0315

Sep 21, 2009
As j4velin mentions in the FAQ in the app, it's not possible right now because only a Notification Priority 1 app can remove the icon. But other app like Notification Weather (in the Pro version) can remove the icon with a priority 5. So there is a way. I hope J4velin will find out how because that's the only annoying thing about this app. The rest is pure gold. I prefer this app to the built-in Notification toggle of Codename(Android) by miles.

There's an app called Setting Extended has the feature which can hide the notification icon.
But as I used it.I found that the quick setting didn't always be put on the top place.When there's a new notification coming in,the setting bar will be automatically considered as a second notification.

Reactions: elnad2000

xbububobox

Nov 23, 2012
Hi, your work's great. Noob question, arcording to my observation, dev tends not to add screen off toggle into notification center. What's the reason for that???

marleyinoc

Jan 30, 2011
I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus (maguro). Does anyone know if this app will let me toggle the lock screen on and off. In other words, when I toggle lock screen off, I do not want to see any lock screen when I wake my phone. If I toggle lock screen on, I want to see the lock screen (as configured; either slide, PIN, etc.). This is how Cyanogenmod works. I can't find anything else that works the same way. Does this?

Check out Delayed Lock. Can also be automated via wifi network you're on and time set to relock...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kokcona

Mar 26, 2012
I used your app for a while, and I have an annoying problem along that time. The problem is the button usually delay or unresponsive. It would work great when new restart. But when I use the phone for a while. this app will start to be laggy, delay or unresponsive and unreliable. It happen all the time on my xperia play with stock rom, and now with NXT 1.3. I use 5 button - wifi setting, sound menu, camera, screen timeout, flashlight. Is it a bug ? or I have done something wrong ?

electricpete1

Aug 12, 2012
interfere's with Tasker's ability to control keyguard

I use Tasker to toggle my keyguard on/off depending on location and other factors.

Upon installing Notification toggle, Tasker can no longer disable keyguard.
Rebooted several times.. same behavior.

Removed Notification Toggle, now Tasker’s control of keyguard is fine.

Reinstalled Notifiation Toggle. At first Tasker’s keyguard worked fine, but after I added a few items to my notification toggle (nothing remotely related to keyguard or locking) and Tasker keyguard stopped working again.

Removed Notification Toggle- now Tasker control of keyguard is fine.

There is no doubt based that this App is interfering with Tasker’s ability to control the keyguard. Although Notiification Toggle is a great program, this problem is a deal-breaker for me if I can't resolve it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem? Is there any additional info I should provide to help understand this situation?

My phone is Samsung Infuse. Rooted. Stock Gingerbread.

Last edited:

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Don't know what happened but suddenly, the brightness menu stopped working. I choose which lvl I want and nothing happens. I it was working until now. I didn't install anything new its just crazy. Every other toggles works except all for brightness. Any idea?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
I used your app for a while, and I have an annoying problem along that time. The problem is the button usually delay or unresponsive. It would work great when new restart. But when I use the phone for a while. this app will start to be laggy, delay or unresponsive and unreliable. It happen all the time on my xperia play with stock rom, and now with NXT 1.3. I use 5 button - wifi setting, sound menu, camera, screen timeout, flashlight. Is it a bug ? or I have done something wrong ?
sorry, i have no idea. doesnt happen on any of my devices and the app doesnt really use much system ressources at all

There is no doubt based that this App is interfering with Tasker’s ability to control the keyguard. Although Notiification Toggle is a great program, this problem is a deal-breaker for me if I can't resolve it.
i dont know how tasker toggles the keyguard, but NotificationToggle doesnt do anything with the keyguard setting. it also works fine with my Delayed Lock app which also toggles the lockscreen.

Don't know what happened but suddenly, the brightness menu stopped working. I choose which lvl I want and nothing happens.
have you enabled auto brightness mode?

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
Is it possible to add a toggle for location service (via wifi,BTS,...) at all?
I need to disable Location Services, to be able to use Market. and ever time I must go through Settings. I didn't find any direct shorcut or toggle for that.

supercavio

Dec 10, 2010
data updating problem

Hi
great application
work fine with my HOX+
but after last update
day notification dosent update automatically as before.
i try to re-install and set it again but.. the issue is the same
thank in advance
ciao

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
I bought the shortcuts package and do not work. Rip offf. I contacted the developer, no answer yet. :mad:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

udz2002

May 21, 2007
I bought the shortcuts package and do not work. Rip offf. I contacted the developer, no answer yet. :mad:

You bought the shortcuts package and do not work huh? I went four pages back and don't see any previous posts from you. What is broken or not working? You can't just post something without any info, how can the developer or other users help you? The developer probably gets tons of emails a day, maybe it was sent to spam. Instead of posting that something doesn't work post what doesn't work and what you did to try to resolve the issue, maybe the developer or another user can help you.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
You bought the shortcuts package and do not work huh? I went four pages back and don't see any previous posts from you. What is broken or not working? You can't just post something without any info, how can the developer or other users help you? The developer probably gets tons of emails a day, maybe it was sent to spam. Instead of posting that something doesn't work post what doesn't work and what you did to try to resolve the issue, maybe the developer or another user can help you.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Fair enough, you are right. this is what I sent to dev. Hope somebody can help. I am running ics4.0.4 on galaxy skyrocket,

I did that, but, for example, when I select the holo launcher, then there is another pop up to select the specific shortcut, in this case the app drawer button. Then nothing happens. The icon that appear on the notification is the hololauncher icon, not the app launcher icon. When I hit the icon on notification, appears the home screen, insread of all apps. I tried with other shortcuts and nothing happend or added to notifications

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
have you enabled auto brightness mode?
Incredible app, Huge progress since it started. Congrats
I also have issues witb brightness.
The mode that toggles from 10% to 100%, when it reaches 100%, it stops toggling percents and starts to only toggle the auto brightness.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
I contacted the developer, no answer yet. :mad:
you wrote your mail 17 hours ago (5pm here) and i answered to your first mail. do you think i have no real life? do you think you get 24/7 support by paying 99 ct in an in-app purchase? and you still dare to make a "mad" smilie here and call it a "rip off"?
also your shortcut problem seem currently to affect only you as nobody else has reported it yet. i tested it with Apex Launcher and it does exactly what it should. either you do something wrong, or your launcher app

Incredible app, Huge progress since it started. Congrats
I also have issues witb brightness.
The mode that toggles from 10% to 100%, when it reaches 100%, it stops toggling percents and starts to only toggle the auto brightness.
can you tell me which values you have in the "brightness value" options in the settings? only 10,100 or 10,100,200?

Last edited:
Reactions: osm0sis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ntfeature.png

I'm proud to present my new app: Notification Toggle.

With this app, you can place different toggles into your Android status/notification bar for quick access without having a dozen toggle-widgets on your homescreens ;)

You can choose which toggles to display in the settings of the app. You can also change the color of the icons as well as the icons completly to fit your systems design.

The app is for free in the Play Store, would be nice to get some feedback :)

Download

Some notes:
    • not every toggle will work on every device: especially the flashlight functionallity is very erratic and every manufacturer implemented it somehow different. you should install TeslaLED in addition to notification toggle
    • some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings (like GPS since Android 2.3)
    • if have a rooted device, you can install the app in /system/app to directly toggle GPS even on Android 2.3+ Click here for more information
    • Issues with the TalkBack service? See here

Some nice icons: (you can also use this app on Android 2.3+ to download the icons)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Notification Toggle, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    Holo Stock Notification Icons for Notification Toggle

Here are some ICS/JB Holo Stock-styled icons. 128x42 because 42x42 are the size of a stock notification icon alone, and 128x128 is the size of the icon area in a notification but I wanted to allow people to cram as many into the All-In-One as possible without them getting resized.

These are 90% stock ICS that I lifted from screenshots on my Galaxy Nexus. The others are Notifcation Toggle defaults I resized, and I grabbed the Screen Timeout icon from the SGS2 toggle widget, then altered/recoloured it. I also included a Notification Toggle icon (now the old one) so you can add it as an app shortcut and get back to the settings from the All-In-One itself.

The filenames are just guidelines for usage and there should be a lot of usage possibilities with the different icons and colours provided (white, blue, grey). For example, I like my icons white, then blue if they are different from my personal settings defaults: so I would use the white "bluetoothsettings_shortcut" and the blue "bluetooth_on" for Bluetooth off/on; similarly I'd use the white "screentimeout_dialog" and blue "wakelock_on" for Wake Lock off/on, but if you wanted the Screen Timeout Dialog on there as well you could use the grey "wakelock_off". Sometimes my on/off colouration differs from the Notification Toggle defaults, so be aware (eg. I keep Rotation Lock off generally so that is white, and on is blue). For usage cases where there are a lot of similar icons (eg. WiFi on/off, WiFi networks, WiFi settings), I included a generic Settings icon that can be used beside them to help keep things straight. Lots of possibilities for the brightness and sound options provided as well.

Swap and mix and match as you see fit, have fun. Cheers!

P.S. If anyone was wondering, the 3rd icon on my 2nd noficiation is for an app called N.memo which is extremely handy. It allows you to make little memos to yourself in the notification area, and is extra handy when it can be triggered from NT so its icon is included. :)

Recent Updates: Added Home and Haptic Feedback Toggle icons; new stock Alarm and Rotation Lock icons. Old Rotation Lock icons are still included for those who want them.

Edit: Add new NT Screen Wakelock/Timeout and Mobile Data Toggle icons (resized to stock height), and stock USB and WiFi tethering icons. Old versions still included.

Previous version downloads - most recent: 166; 115; 286.:good:
    Well done

All I can say is WOW!! Congrats for creating a really great and useful app and many thanx for great work.

I mainly needed an app to toggle screen rotation and it had to be accessible from notification bar as I am usually already in another app when I realize that I need to enable/disable rotation :) Tried many different solutions (probably all that are available from the Market) and this proved to be the best one. And if someone asks you what is the biggest difference between this and Widgetsoid… well how about 1.8MB difference (that is if all you need is toggles from notification bar).

I am sending here a few icons for switches I use (and a screenshot) for those of you who like sense style toggles. If you like I can create more.

One more thing. If you have time and if you are willing to add more functionalities to this app I think that haptic feedback would be great as an option.

BTW I am using HTC Desire (Original).

EDIT: As requested I am putting a few aditional icons: Sound ON/OFF/Vibra, GSP ON/OFF. Let me know if you like them :)
    I love this app...its realy handy and its one of my top apps.
    Oh yea...is there any whey to put battery % and temp. on bar?
    And I modify some icons for my self but I whant to share it and if some of you like it...say thanks. ;)
    @j4velin

I tried many alternatives as well as custom ROMs but this app is still the best alternative. Congrats!! Keep up the great work! If you catch some time and you figure out how to do these things, may I suggest some improvements:

- Some way of configuring order of the icons for "all in one" (as many of the users already suggested). Maybe for rooted phones? Some config file? Something...

- Shorter (or configurable) haptic feedback (something like in "Dialer" or when using keyboard). At the moment, I think, vibration is a bit too long. You can easily test different values (in milliseconds) using Tasker (there is a free trial).

- Is there a way of changing background color (for "all in one")? If not maybe there is a way of getting rid of the padding (margin) around the icons so we can achieve different background by changing icons' background. In that case you can put "precisely N" icons in one row (e.g. 5 or 6) and tell us their dimensions if we want to accomplish the "tight" effect (e.g. for WWGA 480 px / 6 icons in row = 80 px of width per icon). If I'm not mistaken the space between adjacent icons is currently 14px.

@all

I created a set of new Sense icons so use them if you like. There is a version with and a version without the bottom bar (green/gray, depending on the "widget" state). Let me know if you like them and if you have some suggestions.