Search This thread

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
My status just changed to this on Tiger Direct for the 32gb.

Order Status: All Backordered - These items are currently on backorder, and will ship as soon as we receive stock on them.

Going to cancel and back to the waiting game.

rfm2113

Aug 17, 2010
FYI:

My order tracking gave me the whole "carrier pickup, order can't be changed" message as well. 5 minutes later, it was in process, and still is.

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
Tried to use their on-line chat to tell them don't bother sending the sleeve and cable if the tablet isn't shipped also, and it says no agents available...

Looks like they might have done the same thing NewEgg did and posted too early.

(And if so, WTF? It would arrive tomorrow, on its release date. Or is Asus trying to make it so no one can order before tomorrow?)

Last edited:

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
auth can only sit on a card for 5 days, any longer than that and you can call your bank and tell them to release it. Of course, this doesnt stop the merchant from charging you eventually, but it makes the funds available in the meantime...

They can be released earlier, but for a credit card (which most people are likely buying with), the hold can last anywhere up to 30 days or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

morbiddevil82

Aug 5, 2010
Rogers, AR
...or more likely, Asus simply isn't *allowing* pre-orders. Look at the listing in Synnex:

synnex dot com /vendors/ASUS.html

...and note that both SKUs for 16GB and 32GB variants state "vendor authorization" under Availability.

Synnex, for anybody who doesn't know of them, are a distributor like the more commonly known Ingram Micro and Tech Data. Asus ships product to the distributor, the distributor ships it to retailers like NewEgg and Best Buy. (No idea if Asus uses other distributors too, nor if NewEgg or Best Buy deal with Synnex specifically, but you get the gist.)

If Synnex has it listed as "vendor authorization", that means none of the retailers buying through Synnex can sell the device without authorization from Asus even if stock is available to do so (which this close to delivery, there's a fair chance it is already available in at least some warehouses). I would imagine if there are any other distributors, they likely have the same delay in place.

Asus have for whatever reason (building hype, ensuring their support system is in place, or something else) decided not to allow deliveries before Tuesday. I'd also guess from the lack of preorder pages on bigger sites like Amazon that Asus have chosen not to allow preorders, for some reason.

NewEgg screwed up and let a few orders slip in, and would appear to have delayed shipment of those orders upon realizing their mistake. Other than the NewEgg screwup, it would seem that the launch is going pretty much to plan.

hey i deal with those companies everyday :) (synnex, and ingram micro)

i have yet to talk to our rep at synnex to see about the sku's though..

tonyz3

TD Rep- told me also it was a mistake and they took it out of the system too late before orders processed. Said truck should be in today with them- so they may still go out tonight-:mad: Did say if they dont go out tonight they will credit the overnight fee but still send it overnight when available......

My order says processing in Warehouse if you are wondering.:eek:

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
hey i deal with those companies everyday :) (synnex, and ingram micro)

i have yet to talk to our rep at synnex to see about the sku's though..

If you wouldn't get in trouble with your employer for doing so, you should see if Synnex and/or Ingram can provide any info on stock volume or ship dates.

SKUs are as follows for both versions of the tablet, the dock, and the case:

2940402 ESPRESSO 10.1 INCH 1GB DDR2 16GB TF101-A1 Vendor Authorization
2940403 ESPRESSO 10.1 INCH 1GB DDR2 32GB TF101-B1 Vendor Authorization
2940404 ESPRESSO 2 USB PORTS MULTI TOUCHPAD TF101 DOCKING Vendor Authorization
2946049 TF101 TRANSFORMER SLEEVE 90-OK00BG00010-

Reactions: Gbcue

Top Liked Posts