Browser version
webKit/533.1
PRI VERSION
2. 33_003
PRL VERSION
HBOOT
2. 18.0001
RADIO

Thank you for your help! I apologize if this has been covered already and I just haven't found it yet on my searches. Using Sprint. Austin, TX.

ocnbrze

Jul 11, 2010
los angeles
well actually there is but you will still need a computer. there has not been a one click method for a really long time. but you will need a computer, there is no way around it. sorry.

LucasCain

Jan 28, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Google Pixel 6a
Older mac laptop?

The only computer that I have is an older mac laptop that I use a little for simple things. Typing a paper, check email, facebook, surf web, etc. The only option I see anywhere is for windows PC. Thank you guys for all your help! I appreciate it.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I was in your boat. Had no computer back when I rooted (fortunately, fastRX8 made a tutorial how to do it without a computer at all, and I'm forever grateful), but that was Eclair and before revolutionary or even unrevoked bacame necessary.

That said, it seems like Captain Throwbacks thread on mikmik forum about downgrading would work for you (from the bit that I've read), so don't completely give up hope. Earlier post linked to a thread, which I believe also has a link to Captains thread at mikmik.

I'll look for more direct link, gimme a minute.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?11114-GUIDE-WIP-How-to-achieve-S-OFF-after-unlocking-2-18-HBOOT-with-HTCDev-com-No-More-Watermark!-%22

Also, if there's anyone here who is probably most experienced to help, it would, without doubt, be Captain_Throwback, in case you might wanna PM him.

Good luck. ;)

Edit: link doesn't look live. If you quote it, it should go live.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: LucasCain

rossme1

Jun 13, 2012
I have a evo 4g 2.3.5 I wont to root to flash customs roms and thether and overclock can someone help me with the best method thr S-on S-off confuses me

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2016
I had the exact same question

Is there anyway to root my HTC EVO 4G without a computer? This is what I have:

Android version
Baseband version
Kernel version
2. 6.35.10-g4b48446
htc-kernal@and18-2#1
Build number
4. 67.651.3
CL 239674 release-keys
Software number
4. 67.651.3
Browser version
webKit/533.1
PRI VERSION
2. 33_003
PRL VERSION
HBOOT
2. 18.0001
RADIO

Thank you for your help! I apologize if this has been covered already and I just haven't found it yet on my searches. Using Sprint. Austin, TX.
same question only wondering can it be done for HTC EVO 4g android version 4.1.1
If not what is the best tool on windows to do it all unlock s off and root I heard it was unrefined ...
Then I heard it wasn't that it was simpleroot but there was so many others.....I'd like to root without pc since I borrow my neighbors but if nor I don't have hours to spend on one

LucasCain

Jan 28, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Google Pixel 6a
Damn! Is this devices still in existence? If I remember correctly to be able to s-off and unlock bootloader, you have to do those two things on the computer. Then again, it's been a long time since I have had this device. Ahhhh... memories... I loved both HTC Evo phones that I owned. Sorry I don't have a little bit better of an answer for you though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in your boat. Had no computer back when I rooted (fortunately, fastRX8 made a tutorial how to do it without a computer at all, and I'm forever grateful), but that was Eclair and before revolutionary or even unrevoked bacame necessary.

That said, it seems like Captain Throwbacks thread on mikmik forum about downgrading would work for you (from the bit that I've read), so don't completely give up hope. Earlier post linked to a thread, which I believe also has a link to Captains thread at mikmik.

I'll look for more direct link, gimme a minute.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?11114-GUIDE-WIP-How-to-achieve-S-OFF-after-unlocking-2-18-HBOOT-with-HTCDev-com-No-More-Watermark!-%22

Also, if there's anyone here who is probably most experienced to help, it would, without doubt, be Captain_Throwback, in case you might wanna PM him.

Good luck. ;)

Edit: link doesn't look live. If you quote it, it should go live.