[MOD] Htc Dialer WITHOUT Haptic Feedback - Updated 5/26

Search This thread

VinceOB

Jul 31, 2009
Kind of. There are tons of calls to the "vibrate" method, so it wasn't practical to try and remove every instance.

If you were to comment out the entire method, you probably wouldn't get things to recompile, as there would be calls to a non-existent method.

So, instead I simply let the calls go through, and short circuit the function by inserting a 'return-void' statement as the first command, thus by passing everything else in the function that causes the "vibrate" to happen.

Yea I saw that. I was too wrapped up looking at some .xml's in Rosie. LOL I started on something else too. I modified an .xml last night, but I think I need to modify the .smali file to go along with it...I'll PM you with my intent... :D

jmanley69

Feb 21, 2009
MoDaCo doesn't have a /system/app/HtcDialer.apk... when I put this in that directory and reboot, I still have the HTC dialer with haptic feedback. Any suggestions?

jmanley69

Feb 21, 2009
Well obviously this isnt for Modaco. Modaco's Roms are too old.

Well obviously I have the haptic response on my dialer and obviously I'd like to know where the HTC program is that I can replace and obviously it's not called HtcDialer.apk on my ROM which is based on the MR update from Sprint/HTC...

so...... as I said previously.... any ideas?

VinceOB

Jul 31, 2009
Well obviously I have the haptic response on my dialer and obviously I'd like to know where the HTC program is that I can replace and obviously it's not called HtcDialer.apk on my ROM which is based on the MR update from Sprint/HTC...

so...... as I said previously.... any ideas?

Even if you found it you wouldnt be able to use this fix.Modaco's Rom is still based off 1.5. Its probably called Dialer.apk. adb shell into your phone and go to /system/app I bet you'll find it in there...

jmanley69

Feb 21, 2009
Even if you found it you wouldnt be able to use this fix.Modaco's Rom is still based off 1.5. Its probably called Dialer.apk. adb shell into your phone and go to /system/app I bet you'll find it in there...

nope... no Dialer.apk... I thought of that already. I had searched for *ialer* and all that came up was the voice dialer. Nothing named H* looks like a dialer.

Regardless of whether it's based on 1.5 or not, the offending package is installed on the Sprint 1.5 release (actually the update that came out). So..... any other suggestions?

The first person that took some .apk and made it HtcDialer.apk, what package did they use as the base?

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
This is one of the "better" fixes that I have found for my Hero. No haptic feedback = smooth, no lag dialing. This is so much improved that I just cant imagine what HTC was thinking by including haptic in the November MR.

liquidkernel

Aug 12, 2008
You ROCK! I've been looking for this forever.

A few requests though:

1. Can you change the vibrate upon connect to a beep (similar to how it beeps when a call ends/disconnects?

2. Also, the speaker phone button gets grayed out when in bluetooth headset mode. In the 1.5 dialer, you could press the speaker phone button while in bluetooth mode and it would turn of bluetooth automatically.

Either way, thank you! :)

Last edited:

veryjiggy

Apr 26, 2010
HTC Desire

Hi - Does anyone see this problem of haptic feedback having no affect on the phone keypad on the HTC Desire as well?
I just bought a desire, and I see this problem. However, haven't seen any other Desire user post about it.

JsChiSurf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
Flipz has integrated my mod directly into his default ROM, as of 2.1.2 (thanks Flipz), however, for anyone running a deodexed version of the official Sprint 2.1 release, I figure I'd post the updated mod separately as well.

No Haptic Feedback Dialer <--- Flash via recovery

Duckman2008

Jun 8, 2010
Does this work for the Stock Sprint Hero 2.1? I popped it on the SIM card, just takes me to the current dialer app.

rexant1

May 22, 2010
i flashed this and it worked fine but now im having quiet reboots as you say, my phone is off in sleep mode but then after awhile the phone turns on with the htc quietly brilliant screen and reboots as normal. Any idea why its doing that?

bbrosen

Jan 14, 2010
rooted htc hero with bittersweet 1.2 rom works wonderful, along with the other mod of no feedback on call send

JGeZau

Jan 10, 2010
I hate haptic feedback, just flashed this dialer and works wonderfully for the dialer. I just have one question. My keyboard still has haptic feedback, even after unchecking "Haptic feedback" from settings. Any ideas why this is happening? Btw, I'm running DC v2.09.01.

Thanks