83 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By ocnbrze, Member on 14th June 2011, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2012, 01:12 PM |#51  
Flag Ishikawa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The Hboot is 6.xx something but even when I flashed back to the stock rom I was unable to make phone calls or send cmail to other carriers.

22nd May 2012, 01:38 PM |#52  
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asutke781

The Hboot is 6.xx something but even when I flashed back to the stock rom I was unable to make phone calls or send cmail to other carriers.

Did you flash a new radio? Seems strange, I wouldn't have thought that the h-boot would affect that.

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
22nd May 2012, 03:06 PM |#53  
Flag Ishikawa

More
I wouldn't have thought so either. I extracted the KDDI radio from the most recent RUU and successfully flashed it to the phone however when I make calls it still tells me I am in roaming mode and cmail does not work. I get an error saying SMS not supported by base station.
22nd May 2012, 03:18 PM |#54  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
I'll ask the obvious, you checked your roaming options? Although checking my menu we don't have any!
22nd May 2012, 03:27 PM |#55  
Flag Ishikawa

More
Lol. Yes I checked the roaming settings. which I was unable to find. Something within the settings must be ****ed up. It also displays Sprint legal info instead of au.
22nd May 2012, 03:29 PM |#56  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
Quote:

Lol. Yes I checked the roaming settings. which I was unable to find. Something within the settings must be ****ed up. It also displays Sprint legal info instead of au.

yeah i had that the first time i rooted. what are your phone identity details?
I think that you need to change some of the id info but I don't know how to do that. Sounds like your phone 'thinks' its a sprint phone.
23rd May 2012, 09:55 AM |#57  
Flag Ishikawa

More
Thats what I was thinking. I just don't know how to get it all the way back to stock yet. I have seen posts where people accomplish it I just have to do some more research. I think going back to stock and starting over is going to be my best bet.
23rd May 2012, 11:00 AM |#58  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
Quote:

Thats what I was thinking. I just don't know how to get it all the way back to stock yet. I have seen posts where people accomplish it I just have to do some more research. I think going back to stock and starting over is going to be my best bet.

Yeah you'll have to get s-on again, I suppose, and I would have thought that using the taco root method after that to downgrade the hboot and then flashing the old rom would restore all your original information. Then redo the root and apply the custom rom again.

Hey atsuke what is your cid number? If you got a terminal emulator you can find out by using getprop ro.cid
私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
23rd May 2012, 01:59 PM |#59  
Flag Ishikawa

More
KDDI_801

Further I just pulled the build.prop file out of my phone. It has sprint all over it. If I pull the build.prop out of the au ruu and change the variables to mirror that where it says sprint do you think it would help?
23rd May 2012, 02:44 PM |#60  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
Quote:

KDDI_801

Further I just pulled the build.prop file out of my phone. It has sprint all over it. If I pull the build.prop out of the au ruu and change the variables to mirror that where it says sprint do you think it would help?

As long as its the au rom you've got on the phone then I don't see why you couldn't. It could be why you are roaming on an au rom as you build prop is telling your phone its something else. Worth a try pushing it to your system, you can go back if it don't work. Change anything that seems related to your phone's identity back to au.

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
23rd May 2012, 02:54 PM |#61  
Flag Ishikawa

More
Nope still roaming and no sms. And I have a sprint rom on right now when I reverted back to the au rom I couldnt make phone calls.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)