4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
as i have stated multiple times you can install that zip from sd card as long as you have cleared up any errors (which is the reason after you tried updating you ended up still on 4.2.2.) the same thing happened to me the first time i tried it via sd, and it wasnt till i figured out what the errors were that it worked which i found via sideload. how is your current system configured ie do you have safestrap installed? if so you will need to uninstall it manually via adb shell. if not did you previously have safestrap installed? when you uninstalled safestrap how did you do it via adb shell or some other way. this seems to be one of the big ones. also had you previously installed Chainfire's Region lock away as it seems to modify the customer.xml and causes issues when the update tries to patch the file. i have a backup of the file if so to try and resolve it. please let me know. i want to help you out

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

i am also going to upload it to mediafire as well....

here is the link for the full system dump

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g0tle6by8jq8p7/S4_MK2_system_dump.zip

hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and once media fire link is ready i will post it

No safestrap. Got phone rooted so he may have had previously for some reason? May just have to put windows on my Mac, Odin stock and proceed from there. Is there a complete Odin 4.3 yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: crazzysandman

pvtolson

Mar 31, 2011
Conroe, TX
No safestrap. Got phone rooted so he may have had previously for some reason? May just have to put windows on my Mac, Odin stock and proceed from there. Is there a complete Odin 4.3 yet?

you dont have to put windows on your mac you can do it all through terminal. i am also using a mac and it works flawlessly. let me know if you need help setting it up.

Reactions: jpcdeux

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
According to dropbox the system dump has about 40 mins left then it will be live for the world to use. as far as being on a specific rom i was on MF3 stock from att, i was rooted via the jortex method and it survived ota due to survival mode on super su pro. as far as the upload sorry it is taking so long have a 2 megabit upload which maxes at about 250 KBPS and the file is 1.6 GB so bear with me it will be available soon. just for my own curiosity with all this stuff (boot.img, system dump, and ota) what can we do with it... possibly be able to make a recovery other than safestrap? flash custom roms? just wondering

Thanks. Maybe only give it to a select few people at first via dropbox. So it can be uploaded to other/another site? Maybe link it to upndwnpar...

Should be possible to make a 4.3 SafeStrap. I am guessing Hashcode is waiting for the official update.

I am leaving for dinner soon. Hopefully someone can DL the dump and upload elsewhere since Dropbox will probably shut down the link after 10-20 downloads.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Thanks. Maybe only give it to a select few people at first via dropbox. So it can be uploaded to other/another site? Maybe link it to upndwnpar...

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Hey question i'm assuming that boot.img is the Kernel part MK2 Correct?

pvtolson

Mar 31, 2011
Conroe, TX
Reactions: upndwn4par

E3SYLER

Jul 18, 2013
Sadly the update didn't fix my camera issue. It will not focus to take a picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Better pushed via ADB or flashable from externalSD?

SD card is easier if it don't work then try adb

mrkool

May 5, 2007
Sadly the update didn't fix my camera issue. It will not focus to take a picture.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

SD card is easier if it don't work then try adb

i have the same issue and i have seen that if you take 2 pictures back to back the first one is blurry the 2nd one is in focus. i am on 4.2.2

pvtolson

Mar 31, 2011
Conroe, TX
Better pushed via ADB or flashable from externalSD?

Sd is easier unless you run into any errors at that point the adb is easier. We have seemed to find that people that are rooted are having more success using adb sideload as a first option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
well here is the media fire alt download link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/peemgwnknhunmzc/S4_MK2_system_dump.zip

hope this helps all!!
Thanks again!

There are some issues with the dump. I am not sure if it is because you used a Mac (there are a lot of weird Mac files in there, like ".DS_Store", or because Sammy is playing games and making it difficult to pull a proper dump. The problem is that the dump is incomplete (lots of files missing). Luckily I can use files from the MJ6 leak.

As with all 4.3 ROMs thus far, the stock kernel will not boot. Fortunately my StockUp kernel seems to be working fine. :)

Wifi not working either, but hopefully I can fix it as I did with previous 4.3 ROMs.

More work to do...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-28-21-46-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-21-46-17.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 516
Reactions: RockRatt

pvtolson

Mar 31, 2011
Conroe, TX
Thanks again!

There are some issues with the dump. I am not sure if it is because you used a Mac (there are a lot of weird Mac files in there, like ".DS_Store", or because Sammy is playing games and making it difficult to pull a proper dump. The problem is that the dump is incomplete (lots of files missing). Luckily I can use files from the MJ6 leak.

As with all 4.3 ROMs thus far, the stock kernel will not boot. Fortunately my StockUp kernel seems to be working fine. :)

Wifi not working either, but hopefully I can fix it as I did with previous 4.3 ROMs.

More work to do...

well i know the ".ds_store" files are from the mac and can be deleted. but here is the thing about the dump... i believe it may be samsung making it more difficult. here is a link to the log of the whole dump i dont know if it is helpful at all. now i ran the system dump with the system on if i boot into recovery can i still pull a system dump from the sideload promt and do you think it would make a difference?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/n8396t6cz4zfl3y/full_dump_log.pdf

let me know...

Also in the attached picture it was showing you were still running baseband of mj6 which i assume means you are still using the mj6 modem while my actual phone is showing baseband mk2.

Last edited:
Reactions: upndwn4par

cijo77

Nov 10, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Knox

My rooted phone was first updated to MJ9 and then MK2 ( updated OTA and lost root access). I still do not have Knox icon. Does it mean it did not update properly? Is it only me in this situation?

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
I can't get this to install at all even after unrooting and trying to take the ota I get to 25% and update fails.
Through adb I get an
error message /tmp/update.zip also something with anthalservice also. I did delete ant hal service so I guess that's why I'm getting that message. Wish there was an Odin flashable md5 file. Was going to try to flash my phone back to mj6 than sideload mj9 and than update from there but posted earlier the fuse binaries for mj6 and mj9 is different. I deleted some files from my phone thinking I didn't need them so I'm stuck on mj9 until an Odin file is available.

Kosmatik

Nov 25, 2010
Orlando
Really need that stock core.dex file from system/framework from an unmolested MJ9, can't sideload MK2 until I get that, was modified by something and I can't seem to find an MJ9 dump.

Last edited:

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
well i know the ".ds_store" files are from the mac and can be deleted. but here is the thing about the dump... i believe it may be samsung making it more difficult. here is a link to the log of the whole dump i dont know if it is helpful at all. now i ran the system dump with the system on if i boot into recovery can i still pull a system dump from the sideload promt and do you think it would make a difference?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/n8396t6cz4zfl3y/full_dump_log.pdf

let me know...

Also in the attached picture it was showing you were still running baseband of mj6 which i assume means you are still using the mj6 modem while my actual phone is showing baseband mk2.
I agree, I think this is Sammy shenanigans.

Yes, I am still using the MJ6 modem. I just didn't flash RockRatt's MK2 yet. The dump you pulled is just the /system folder (not the modem, bootloader, etc.), which is all I need to build a ROM base for everyone to use. There will most likely be requests from other devs to pull other partitions for other development work (e.g. SafeStrap), so hopefully you'd be willing to help them as well. :)

There is another way to pull /system, but I think I can make this work.

I got side-tracked finishing up a Google Edition KitKat 4.4 ROM, but back on this now.

Reactions: RockRatt

pvtolson

Mar 31, 2011
Conroe, TX
I agree, I think this is Sammy shenanigans.

Yes, I am still using the MJ6 modem. I just didn't flash RockRatt's MK2 yet. The dump you pulled is just the /system folder (not the modem, bootloader, etc.), which is all I need to build a ROM base for everyone to use. There will most likely be requests from other devs to pull other partitions for other development work (e.g. SafeStrap), so hopefully you'd be willing to help them as well. :)

There is another way to pull /system, but I think I can make this work.

I got side-tracked finishing up a Google Edition KitKat 4.4 ROM, but back on this now.

i am going to attempt doing a full dump following this guide to hit all the partitions
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450045

will post with updates and results in a bit

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I can't get this to install at all even after unrooting and trying to take the ota I get to 25% and update fails.
Through adb I get an
error message /tmp/update.zip also something with anthalservice also. I did delete ant hal service so I guess that's why I'm getting that message. Wish there was an Odin flashable md5 file. Was going to try to flash my phone back to mj6 than sideload mj9 and than update from there but posted earlier the fuse binaries for mj6 and mj9 is different. I deleted some files from my phone thinking I didn't need them so I'm stuck on mj9 until an Odin file is available.

why not open the zip goto the updater script and just delete the line it keeps erroring on to see if it will let you past it? just a thought i had seen similar suggestions when trying to resolve the errors i had found when i did my update. now i may be way off base with that and someone please correct me if i am wrong

Top Liked Posts