569 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2011, 01:06 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Bug in the last version
EDIT: after the night, I woke up leds were on. I tested many things since then and everything seems to work fine now. Sorry for the useless post, I don't know what happened after the update...

Hi neldar and thank you for this great app. However since the last update many things are not working anymore...

In the version 0.10.24 of BLN Control Pro the Blinking feature is broken and SMS notifications with BLN too (whatever I choose I can't turn the led on anymore ; for test within the app or with SMS... Nothing is working!).
I am using a Samsung galaxy S phone with FuguMod 4.0 Ultra #371 kernel and Darky 10.1 rom (JVH 2.3.3).
(Last version 0.10.22 of BLN Control Pro was working fine.)

Just for your information: I restarted the phone to check if it could help and it doesn't. A few minutes ago, just before the upgrade, everything was working perfectly so there is absolutely no doubt about the fact that the last update is the culprit (and maybe it would help you to know that now if I want to do a test led within the app, when I turn off the screen, nothing happens AND the notification of BLN is not anymore in the notify bar when I turn on the screen). Hope you will solve it soon and the bug report is detailed enough. I am ready to do some test and debug if you need.

14th June 2011, 01:07 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 836

More
You're right, im quite sure it happens because the stock SMS app turns on the screen when SMS is received. Already asked the modders in the development thread, if that's possible :] Thanks.

[edit] But on the other hand, when there's a missed call, the screen is also on. How do you manage to enable the bln then ? :]
14th June 2011, 07:45 AM |#523  

More
For SMS, it is not a matter of screen to my mind, if you don't touch anything when the screen turns off notify led should work after (at least that's the case for me).
14th June 2011, 08:48 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have a pretty serious issue :-/

I last flashed my phone with a custom Gingerbread rom, and at the time, bln wasn't supported, but I had restored the BLN app from the market anyhow before being aware of that. A little bit ago, I opened up BLN from my app drawer, and a notification popped up that I didn't have the kernel needed, but that my phone was supported. It redirected me here to a thread on xda to download/flash the kernel. The post said if I have a rooted phone, I could use a new app in the market to flash a zip or tar file I had chosen. I chose the zip file listed in that post, and went to flash it with the SG flasher app. It went thru it, then my phone froze up. Now it's just constantly rebooting... It gets to my homescreen and shows "scanning media files," etc, but then just reboots and does it all over.

I would name the exact thread/post and such, but I had it open on my phone and am having trouble locating it again here on the computer, and obviously can't open it on my phone now :-/
14th June 2011, 10:49 AM |#525  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2k

For SMS, it is not a matter of screen to my mind, if you don't touch anything when the screen turns off notify led should work after (at least that's the case for me).

On the Samsung SMS stock app ?
14th June 2011, 10:52 AM |#526  

More
Ah, indeed, I've not tried with the Stock app, as I'm using Go SMS...
14th June 2011, 10:58 AM |#527  

More
Ah, the issue is only with the stock SMS app, GO SMS has an option to turn off the screen, so it works there. But I like the stock one :]
15th June 2011, 10:12 AM |#528  

More
LED is always on after checking the missed calls
I recieve a missed call, LED is on, which is great. But when i check the missed calls, and turn off the screen again, the LED is still ON. SMS / GMAIL BLN is OK.

SGS with Darkys rom 10.1EE on JVH.

Thanks for advice.
15th June 2011, 10:40 AM |#529  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 321

More
I'm with XWJVH custom rom + semaphore kernel + BLN pro app and it works for me on all scenarios (sms with stock app, mail, missed calls).

I had to use this services.jar for BLN to work with sms. Give it a try, install via CWM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Services_BLN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (940.8 KB, 261 views)
15th June 2011, 11:12 AM |#530  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NunxPT

I'm with XWJVH custom rom + semaphore kernel + BLN pro app and it works for me on all scenarios (sms with stock app, mail, missed calls).

I had to use this services.jar for BLN to work with sms. Give it a try, install via CWM.

Thanks, but not worked for me. LED is still on after checking missed calls.
15th June 2011, 05:52 PM |#531  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancsi44

Thanks, but not worked for me. LED is still on after checking missed calls.

Could you please report what happens if you try one of the follwing?

1. Turn screen on/off

2. trigger the test notification and then cancel it immediately
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)