[APP] z4root

2,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 774

By RyanZA, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th November 2010, 11:14 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
worked perfectly for my galaxy s french 2.1 (SFR) with NO recovery mode.

BUT!! it's important to reboot your phone BEFORE doing the root routine to avoid Stayin forever in Running exploit blablabla...

great work!!!

24th November 2010, 11:30 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puxukrouf

worked perfectly for my galaxy s french 2.1 (SFR) with NO recovery mode.

BUT!! it's important to reboot your phone BEFORE doing the root routine to avoid Stayin forever in Running exploit blablabla...

great work!!!

Thanks for the advice..
24th November 2010, 03:37 PM |#523  

More
Thanks for the great work Ryan!!.
I do have an issue though. I downloaded Z4, downloaded wireless tether. I installed the temporary root (had to reboot for it to work) went through the process and said it was rooted. I have SU app in tray so I assumed it was rooted. I went to wireless tether and it says NO ROOT. I backed out and went back in and hit the wireless start button and it will not connect. This leaves me to believe the root didn't take??? I havent tried the permanent root yet, I was hoping to use the temp to make sure everything is cool.

Please let me know if anyone has this problem or if there is a way around it. I have seen alot of DX users with no issues. I havent come across with anyone having similar issues as me.

I have a Droid X with Froyo 2.2 OTA. Everything is stock.

Thanks.
24th November 2010, 05:14 PM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZA

Ah, interesting. Maybe I can find a workaround, but I guess turning on USB debugging isn't too difficult.

settings,applications,development then it has a check box for usb debugging
24th November 2010, 05:18 PM |#525  

More
one freaking question y didn't it root my phone?
experia x10a
firmware 1.6
baseband version 1.1.32
kernel version2.6.29-rel
build number R2CA016
sadly i got the newer seus updated rom so yea still no 2.1 wtf is taking so damn long? screw at&t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th November 2010, 05:25 PM |#526  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1V1D

Thanks for the great work Ryan!!.
I do have an issue though. I downloaded Z4, downloaded wireless tether. I installed the temporary root (had to reboot for it to work) went through the process and said it was rooted. I have SU app in tray so I assumed it was rooted. I went to wireless tether and it says NO ROOT. I backed out and went back in and hit the wireless start button and it will not connect. This leaves me to believe the root didn't take??? I havent tried the permanent root yet, I was hoping to use the temp to make sure everything is cool.

Please let me know if anyone has this problem or if there is a way around it. I have seen alot of DX users with no issues. I havent come across with anyone having similar issues as me.

I have a Droid X with Froyo 2.2 OTA. Everything is stock.

Thanks.

ok temporary root works untill the next reboot if you lost your root because you rebooted to enable the teather for the first time once it rebooted the boot loader lost the root simply temporaraly root it again and it should work
24th November 2010, 06:06 PM |#527  

More
Applied to my Droid X, and as others have experienced, it hung at "Applying exploit". Rebooted, tried again and it completed in 15-20 seconds.

Superuser/Busybox now appear, however, I can't see/get to the "tether" feature in Android 2.2.

Suggestions?
24th November 2010, 06:24 PM |#528  
Viva Las Vegas!
Thanks Meter: 11

More
does this install SU.apk also, or we need to do that ourself?

I'm about to try temproot again on my 101
24th November 2010, 06:27 PM |#529  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 422

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc

does this install SU.apk also, or we need to do that ourself?

I'm about to try temproot again on my 101

Its install su and busybox, so you don't need to install them.

Sent from GT-I9000 jpo. My own kernel for z4mod and with 342MB Ram
24th November 2010, 07:22 PM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Awesome job, but a question
This is an awesome app. I've been wanting to root for a while, but didn't have a data cable (got the phone from my cousin when he decided to get a different one). worked flawlessly on my Moto Backflip, which was running the official prerelease version of 2.1.

now for the question, I'm sorry if this has been answered already or this is the wrong place to ask. since it requires USB debugging to be enabled, I'm assuming it uses some variant of ADB to work. if so, would it be possible to build an app that uses a similar in-phone method to install non-market apps on an AT&T Android device, as that also uses ADB? I figure it would be helpful to people who have no way to do it from the computer if an app to install non-market apps could be downloaded from the market, and even if it couldn't be put in the market would at least take a big chunk of the effort out of it for the people who can as they would only have to sideload the one app. if anyone actually read this wall of text, thank you. and if anyone can actually get it done, thank you even more. not that it really effects me anymore I guess, since I changed the rom to one that allows non-market apps anyway, but it could be helpful to other AT&T Android users who are locked down to the market.
24th November 2010, 07:27 PM |#531  
OP Senior Member
Flag JHB
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoman4426

This is an awesome app. I've been wanting to root for a while, but didn't have a data cable (got the phone from my cousin when he decided to get a different one). worked flawlessly on my Moto Backflip, which was running the official prerelease version of 2.1.

now for the question, I'm sorry if this has been answered already or this is the wrong place to ask. since it requires USB debugging to be enabled, I'm assuming it uses some variant of ADB to work. if so, would it be possible to build an app that uses a similar in-phone method to install non-market apps on an AT&T Android device, as that also uses ADB? I figure it would be helpful to people who have no way to do it from the computer if an app to install non-market apps could be downloaded from the market, and even if it couldn't be put in the market would at least take a big chunk of the effort out of it for the people who can as they would only have to sideload the one app. if anyone actually read this wall of text, thank you. and if anyone can actually get it done, thank you even more. not that it really effects me anymore I guess, since I changed the rom to one that allows non-market apps anyway, but it could be helpful to other AT&T Android users who are locked down to the market.

I believe a number of these apps already exist. If not, then it's actually pretty easy to do it yourself. Download 'Android Terminal Emulator', and then type
Code:
su
pm install /sdcard/whatever.apk
And it should install it.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread