[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

souleman

Aug 9, 2010
Montrose, MI
About time for a new device,IMHO. I gave up on evo4g development last month and went to Note 2. Most of the big good roms have given up on og evo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ummm.... something like that... The Evo4G is far from dead still. Even a lot of the big ROM builders that have moved on to other devices are still porting to the OG. And someone (I won't say his name, because then people would bug the crap out of him), is working on drivers for the FFC. But that is a LOT of work, and he won't get the appreciation he deserves for doing it, so if he doesn't finish it, I wouldn't blame him.

aheeejd

About time for a new device,IMHO. I gave up on evo4g development last month and went to Note 2. Most of the big good roms have given up on og evo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Here here, I to got the note 2. I thought that I would miss my evo more. Ten minutes after getting home I was like, what evo. It is such a beast of a phone, plus development is picking up to, except near Xmas though. Anyways......

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D