[RECOVERY]ClockworkMod Recovery Touch v6.0.5.1

Search This thread

jailbird2

Sep 5, 2007
Reboot to bootloader causes the phone to reboot back in recovery again... So far that's the only real glitch I've seen!

starscream86

Account currently disabled
Mar 13, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
How to install this recovery? Can it be flashed like I would a ROM?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Flash in Fastboot using command

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Depending on where you put the recovery image on your computer..

For example..

Fastboot flash recovery C:/user/desktop/recovery.img

Last edited:
Reactions: tfrank10 and artjrv

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
could not get the back up to work. I went to delete my old backup and it said "E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard]
went to do a back up and got "E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard/clockworkmod/xxx-xx-xx-xxx- cant mount backup path

love the look though

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
After wiping the following:

-Data (Factory Reset)
-Cache
-Dalvik Cache
-Format /system

The contents of data/media (internal sd) were completely erased. I had to push a Rom to /data/media to be able to boot. FYI

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com

-Data (Factory Reset)
-Cache
-Dalvik Cache
-Format /system

The contents of data/media (internal sd) were completely erased. I had to push a Rom to /data/media to be able to boot. FYI

Sorry for that. I thought I fixed that problem. Took off download link and will fix this tonight or tomorrow.

Could someone install a simple file perhaps and then go to advance and get the log report and post it on here? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: zeroxg4

gris1016

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry for that. I thought I fixed that problem. Took off download link and will fix this tonight or tomorrow.

Could someone install a simple file perhaps and then go to advance and get the log report and post it on here? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

-Data (Factory Reset)
-Cache
-Dalvik Cache
-Format /system

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium[/

This just happened to me. How do i push a rom to it? in recovery, do i mount the system? do i need to extract the rom? Im lost and need help please

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009

-Data (Factory Reset)
-Cache
-Dalvik Cache
-Format /system

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium[/

This just happened to me. How do i push a rom to it? in recovery, do i mount the system? do i need to extract the rom? Im lost and need help please

You need to have your device plugged in and use ADB. Put the ROM (the whole .zip file) in your platform-tools folder. Execute the following command:

adb push (exact file name of Rom).zip /data/media

It will take a while to push the whole ROM to your internal sd so be patient. When its done (you'll know when the next command line for adb returns) then you can install the ROM from recovery (it will now be on your internal sd)

Reactions: gris1016

wingman1487

Mar 4, 2008
Lewisville
I've done several backups just to be sure and I can't seem to duplicate this. What are your exact steps, just delete the clockwork mod folder and then backup?

I can't seem to backup at all, whenever I try I get the below errors.

E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard]
E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard/clockwork....]
Can't mount backup path

It does not appear to be able to mount the /sdcard partition, but when booted into the ROM I can see it just fine. Any thoughts?

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I can't seem to backup at all, whenever I try I get the below errors.

E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard]
E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard/clockwork....]
Can't mount backup path

It does not appear to be able to mount the /sdcard partition, but when booted into the ROM I can see it just fine. Any thoughts?

I took down the link because of issues. I haven't been able to update this. I'm trying to find time to.

EDIT: My Linux box is broken.:(

Last edited:

gris1016

Jul 26, 2010
You need to have your device plugged in and use ADB. Put the ROM (the whole .zip file) in your platform-tools folder. Execute the following command:

adb push (exact file name of Rom).zip /data/media

It will take a while to push the whole ROM to your internal sd so be patient. When its done (you'll know when the next command line for adb returns) then you can install the ROM from recovery (it will now be on your internal sd)

It was the strangest thing, cwm would not see the sdcard any more. I used fastboot to get the twrp recovery image on there and twrp could see everything. I then was able to flash away the tears of fear:) So i am a fan of twrp too now but i still prefer cwm. Thanks for the help!

chooven

Jan 8, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It was the strangest thing, cwm would not see the sdcard any more. I used fastboot to get the twrp recovery image on there and twrp could see everything. I then was able to flash away the tears of fear:) So i am a fan of twrp too now but i still prefer cwm. Thanks for the help!

I did notice that the New CWR 6.0.2.3 shows the sdcard to have 3 directories in the root and each of those are the internal and external from what I can tell 0 seems to be the internal /sdcard you see when booted

so I think the backups need to look in /sdcard/0/clockwords
- just guessing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't use the CWM version found in Rom Manager. It's out dated!

Download

BIG THANK YOU TO @cenobite138 for hours of helping me test this
    Letting you guys know that version 6.0.3.1 is out. You can now back out of adb sideload when selected. Download link in OP
    Updated to 6.0.3.2 if anyone still uses CWM
    I just helped with testing everything out and it's working great for me! Font/background color is much better than cyan color IMO.
    cwm-touch

I've been a faithful CWMR since my motorola droid and recently had to use TWRP to get a rom back on the phone because of some of the same issues that have been discussed earlier in this thread. Anyway, this morning just for the heck of it I went to google play and downloaded the CWM ROM Manager and the license I purchased way back when, installed and installed CWMR through it. I then went here... http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager scrolled down to the DNA and downloaded the 'touch' version and flashed it through fastboot. So far Ive 'fixed permissions', 'show log' and right now it is in the process of doing a backup. I'll let ya know what else I come up with.

[edit] Backup was successful I rebooted, let it sit for a while then went back into CWR did a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wiped dalvik cache and then restored it from the previous backup. Not a single hiccup yet

[edit] Backed up through CWM, Phone rebooted into CWR and performed as it should, created another backup right alongside of yesterdays, all files are there.