Just wanted to say bye to the t989 peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
So I went with the d801 g2!! It's awesome. I just wanted to say bye to all the t989 FAM, everyone was pretty cool and helpful. See you on the other side!

Sent from my LG-D801

Reactions: bigox

BATZ DA LOCC

Apr 17, 2014
Should went nexus but I guess her red headed step sister ain't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1398035136230.jpg
    1398035136230.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 143

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012

Lol.. I mean if you really want to call it that. I'd rather have the bigger display with the same exact specs as the n5. Knock on and WiFi calling (an option I cannot live without)

Sent from my LG-D801

Reactions: bigox

bigox

Nov 27, 2010
So I went with the d801 g2!! It's awesome. I just wanted to say bye to all the t989 FAM, everyone was pretty cool and helpful. See you on the other side!

Sent from my LG-D801

Yeah G2 is awesome! Can't wait to see what the G3 is gonna bring to the table.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: demoncamber

BATZ DA LOCC

Apr 17, 2014
Don't need WiFi calling n the screen is plenty big for me n got dt2w but don't use it battery drainer could flash a ROM called mystery ROM that has it on multirom

Reactions: demoncamber

BATZ DA LOCC

Apr 17, 2014
Yeah I gotta agree with u guys there I love the build quality

rvmehta

Apr 14, 2013
Alternate method to enter recovery?

Does anyone know of a way to enter recovery other than with using the power button? Is there a way to do it through ODIN?

I installed ICS Stock ROM, but I need to be able to enter recovery to do a factory reset.

My power button is broken. I can get into download mode (pressing volume up, volume down, and then inserting usb cable).

If the phone is off, I can also get the phone to power on (by inserting power cord, feeling vibrate, and then quickly removing power cord).

But I can't get into recovery. If anyone has any creative methods, that'd be awesome!

BitingChaos

Apr 18, 2011
St. Louis
I'm saying goodbye, as well.

After installing ROM after ROM, I never found any that "just worked". Anything 4.4-based had all kinds of busted stuff (1080p video, Netflix, etc). 4.3 had camera/gallery issues. Even with 4.1 and 4.2 (including 4.1 stock), they still seem to suffer from "vbus_present" issues forcing me to reboot any time I unplug the device.
The device froze up on me and corrupted too many photos. I tried asking the community what the "best" ROM was, and mods closed the thread.

I wanted the T989 as a tool. Not something I had to babysit.

Maybe I'll get a Moto G or whatever Motorola's new phone is.

D

Darth

After installing ROM after ROM, I never found any that "just worked". Anything 4.4-based had all kinds of busted stuff (1080p video, Netflix, etc). 4.3 had camera/gallery issues. Even with 4.1 and 4.2 (including 4.1 stock), they still seem to suffer from "vbus_present" issues forcing me to reboot any time I unplug the device.
The device froze up on me and corrupted too many photos. I tried asking the community what the "best" ROM was, and mods closed the thread.

The way I see it....ROMs made of 4.2.2 and higher may have their odd glitches... But that just life bringing android versions to phones who's official support ended. Its either accept the odd problem, or stick with last official update. In this case touch wiz 4.1.2. Which is pretty much perfect.

Flashing custom ROMs comes with the odd glitch, no matter the phone. That's just how it is.

Stock is for those that can't accept the odd issue. ;)

Good luck with your next phone!! The moto g is nice, for its price for sure!!!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

A point I should have made.....the devs work hard and for free and for fun....and share with us lucky members.

They do their best with what they have to work with....especially on android versions not even created for our device.

They deserve our respect and thanks. If what's available disappoints anyone....they should keep it to themselves or choose their words wisely.

Without the devs.... We'd have nothing at all. Especially when Google stops giving us official updates.

Be grateful. ;)

Last edited:

mkhtfld76

Mar 1, 2012
Still loving my Herc. Carbon rom with SaberMod Uber kernel and I have no complaints...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013

Current T989 kitkat bugs piss me off, lol. They seem to be putting finishing touches on it, then all of a sudden they make a bigger change that opens a whole new can of worms.

msal

Mar 5, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
My power button got stuck several months ago, so I actually opened the phone up and removed the entire thing. To turn my phone on, I plug it in with a usb chord and hold volume up/down until I enter download mode, then I cancel it.

I use an app called Quick Boot to reboot, enter recovery and so on.

Also, I kind of agree with you guys. Sure, the latest 4.4 ROMs are a little buggy, but I've found 4.3 roms to be perfect, in terms of stability.

musikah_1989

May 31, 2012
Got my T989 last november from a friend, second android device I had but the first to get serious with. Also tried to check for newer devices like that LG G2 but the chance for me to get a new one is far less than you can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
I lucked out. I complained enough to tmobile about the screen blobs and lines from the amoled displays that they kept sending me as refurbs, wrote the CEO an email, then they called and agreed to send me a GS3 LTE, and let me keep my s2, so I immediately sold both phones and got the g2 new.

Sent from my LG-D801

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I lucked out. I complained enough to tmobile about the screen blobs and lines from the amoled displays that they kept sending me as refurbs, wrote the CEO an email, then they called and agreed to send me a GS3 LTE, and let me keep my s2, so I immediately sold both phones and got the g2 new.

Sent from my LG-D801
    Got my T989 last november from a friend, second android device I had but the first to get serious with. Also tried to check for newer devices like that LG G2 but the chance for me to get a new one is far less than you can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

Sent from my LG-D801

Lol.. I mean if you really want to call it that. I'd rather have the bigger display with the same exact specs as the n5. Knock on and WiFi calling (an option I cannot live without)

Sent from my LG-D801

Sent from my LG-D801

Yeah G2 is awesome! Can't wait to see what the G3 is gonna bring to the table.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app